Is Entropia Trackers trend %'s good for EU?

Is this good for EU?

• Yes...

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No...

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Dont know.

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • Dont care.

Votes: 32 30.5%

• Total voters

InDaHouse

Stalker
Society
General of Sanctuary
Saoirse
I've been watching Entropia trackers loot trend %'s on the site and at the bottom of EF....

I gather that the higher the +% the better loot has been droping in either mining, crafting or hunting and -% is obviously saying loot is bad.

Do we think that this is a good or a bad thing for EU?

Reason I ask is that we all know MA is a loot pool system and that we need people pumping in so other can get some out..... Now if we can see that the crafting loot is on a -% then that will deter people from crafting and this may also be a reason for the recent posts about COS and 0/9 or my 1/10 clicks on some of the high end BP's.

Personally I think that if the crafting loot is on a -% i'll not craft, if we all do this then it could ruin things in game and cause people to lose even more peds.

What do you all think?

P.s I know this works in the opposite way that high +% might mean good returns for me but it could put crafting, mining or hunting into long slupms if people dont do anything due to -%'s.

Are you sure it's a loot pool system?

Hmmmmmmmmm :cool:

Where is the option "Won't affect EU"? Ok, voted fot "Don't know".

I personally think the tracker at the bottom of this site isn't of much use at this time at least. Much of the data on the main site is incorrect, in part by many ppl having their globals posted more than once. The total loot per day and total loot per the start of the tracker is grossly in error it seems.

Sure, over a LOT of time things will get more to the real picture and the origional errors will even out. I personally would like to see it all started over after the bugs get worked out so there's more accurate data to go by. One thing I think it does show is what I always thought; there's a very small number of ppl that actually 'play' this game out of the 700K+ 'unique' registrations.

Oh, I voted yes as I think that more data is always a good thing but I know to keep in mind that at this time the data is inaccurate. I even gave the 50 peds toward the project in the hopes that it gets better over time as I'm sure it will. Will I hunt / do activities based on the information? Nope... but not doing anything at this time much anyway... although might have a LOT of sweat for sale soon ;)

couldn't -% just mean less people are crafting today than they were yesterday? Taking that % and assuming it'll be your personal return sounds silly to me.

All the %'s are telling me is how many ppl are involved in hunting/mining/crafting any given day....loot seems to be the same whatever %'s there are.

All the %'s are telling me is how many ppl are involved in hunting/mining/crafting any given day....loot seems to be the same whatever %'s there are.

Yes, i thought of that too, the tracker cant specify the value of return, for example count the value of materials gone in crafting and count the return value to come out of the system = aka. profit or loss...

it is not really relevant ... because if one hits an uber the trends will look +50% so next day it will look -X% and that is just because 1 person hit an uber at a specific hour.
U cant base your hunts/mine/craft on that

i dont think it will affect EU.
perhaps some players will mine more often.
but if you check the globals ingame.. than it would have the same effect.

it is not really relevant ... because if one hits an uber the trends will look +50% so next day it will look -X% and that is just because 1 person hit an uber at a specific hour.

So taking this into account is there really a need to have this info shown? If so can someone explain why?

I think it will do, because when loot trend % are low, ppl wont go hunting/mining/crafting, so they will not loose money, and thats good for them, MA will get less money for that, and when loot trend % are high, ppl are going to hunt, mine, craft, and they get profit, so that bad for MA

the tracker serves its purpose just tracking mine and my socs globals imo.

The graphs are mainly for fun, and as others have commented, doesn't really say anything else then the general activity level.

The activity level could be useful in some loot theories too though :)

Bad for EU though? Unlikely.

If its good for EU? Well it have improved my enjoyment a bit :)

Last edited:
as it tracks globals and not returns it is misleading.

when crafting globals are at a - % it does not nessesarily mean crafting returns are at a -%. it just means fewer globals, which could mean that teh returns are spread out more evenly, which it most likely does, so you dont need to get luck to do ok.

ie you dont need a global to profit.

so i think its missleading information for basing your actions on.

Mainly useful if you are involved in some sort of competition where gettting a global is important. Then if hunting globals are up, its time to take part, if they are down, leave it for a bit.

no, its not particularly good. many dont understand what it indicates and i've seen several "hunting/mining/crafting is -10% so the sky is falling" comments. and for those that do understand it, its not very usfull with out knowing the general trend.

I don't think it will have a direct impact on EU, although it does bring up an opportunity to speculate about it. This tool initially appears to be for entertainment purposes only... are there any practical purposes yet to be seen?!

I really don't understand the % thing... for example, right now, hunting is at 6.7% ... what is this in regards too?! Is this saying that 6.7% of the globals so far have been hunting? If so, within what timeframe?! How is this being calculated?

Looking at the current + & - %'s below on the tracker.....

I just did a craft run on Quantity on Murdand groovers, I just got a 23.5% return for successful clicks and final result was 65% loss.....

So maybe if I looked at the tracker before my run i'd have seen the -% and maybe not done my run and saved my self 1.5k peds.......

P.s. no BP's dropped in my run or any globals.

Its an interesting tool.............but its based soley on globals and believe or not you can still have decent runs in EU without globalling. I know I have had a couple trips out that I thought were horrible because of no globals and then I tabulated my results and found it was not as bad as it seemed.

I tend to base my hunting/mining trips more on current feedback I am getting during the trip rather than outside information. I might keep an eye on mining globals ingame to determine what resource might be hot at the moment and adjust my run accordingly if I am near a resource field that contains a hot ore/enmatter.

I just feel you will gain more by paying attention to what you are looting and adjusting your professions to suit better loot. If loot stinks no matter what you do then you can always come back the next day and try again.

It's fun in the way that it's nice to compare the soc's performance against other socs and other players ;) Other than that... it's limited I would say..

couldn't -% just mean less people are crafting today than they were yesterday? Taking that % and assuming it'll be your personal return sounds silly to me.

Summing it all up, it only tells about the activity of the comunity. Anyone thinking it indicates that loot is good/bad on the majority of the servers is.. hmm.. an idiot.

the tracker serves its purpose just tracking mine and my socs globals imo.

The graphs are mainly for fun, and as others have commented, doesn't really say anything else then the general activity level.

The activity level could be useful in some loot theories too though :)

Bad for EU though? Unlikely.

If its good for EU? Well it have improved my enjoyment a bit :)

Yes, I also use it for fun, to follow the individual activities of my soc mates. It also helps to keep an eye on the players of our academy, and actually, it has increased in some sort our activity ingame.. more competition, etc.
If I am at work and want to see if anyone HOfed or globalled on the mobs i usually hunt, i also use this tool.

So if most of are agreeing that this + or - % thing is pointless then why is it being post on EF????

I know diff servers have diff loot pools and just because the tool says crafting is up or down might not affect my results. But the traker owner is touting it that we can see trends before others etc and why have the % things below?

Just cant see the point in promoting a tool in this way if it cant work in this way?

So if most of are agreeing that this + or - % thing is pointless then why is it being post on EF????

I know diff servers have diff loot pools and just because the tool says crafting is up or down might not affect my results. But the traker owner is touting it that we can see trends before others etc and why have the % things below?

Just cant see the point in promoting a tool in this way if it cant work in this way?

neomaven thought it was cool? :)

Personally I preferred the first version of the EF ticker, that just posted the latest global there.
Maybe change it to just the latest HoF.

Tracker owner doesn't tout anything, afaik, they just say "here is the data, do what you want with it", and if you have suggestions for stats you think might make more sense, that could be extracted from just a listing of all globals with times, by all means, send starfinder and tussi a PM or mail :)

I'm pretty fine with just getting my globals saved and summed in a nice little list together with my soc mates for now.

I just wanted to put my 2 PEC in.

This tracker being on the forum is an interesting thing to look at. If you realize what you are looking at. As has been previously stated, a high number could mean more people are currently doing that activity.

Another thing it could mean is that there has been a recent HoF. If you are the type of person who believes Entropia is a loot pool system, then hunting after someone gets a large HoF is not a good idea, as the logic is that you would then be refilling said loot pool.

To finish up here. Those that jump on the percentage bandwagon are silly, and those that go the other way are also silly. Do whatever you like to do. This tracker is fun to look at, but useless due to a lack of actual mathematical information.

Back