Is Evade really effective ?

Today I thought about the 5-finger system. I'm trying to figure it out. I have a slight headache today and maybe that's why I'm not in a position to focus properly.

Does this mean that we will have much more damage on finger 3 than on fingers 1,2,4,5?

Just a joke. Don't think it :whistle:

Yeah so I don't think you should say "It is nonsense" ...

The fact is, it is generally true and the best way, imho, to communicate the principle that Evade/Dodge gains beyond a certain threshold is relatively pointless. It seems to be true that for a majority of mobs in EU at this time, 5 levels is where that threshold is.

Again, just don't say it's nonsense, it's not nonsense.
It is not a fact, because it has never been scientificalle proven. It is just a "thumb rule" depending on the mobs you hunt, not even the majority, bit really only personal experience. I have hunted maybe half of the mobs on Calypso and it worked for 60% of them. Because of that experience I concentrated on those mobs where it works, which already makes my experience highly biased.
I can say that it works for maybe 5%-10% of mobs on Arkadia now, but I have probably hunted only 10 different mobs there. I have absolutely no idea what the rest of the universe looks like :D Only thing I know I am surely not in the center of it and my place is around 24 zeros after the comma.

One can take those 5 levels lower as a very,very lose guidance and still be very very surprised as Oleg said.

Only in this game could a day 1 boxer evade Mike Tyson but get his ass kicked by and angry 5th grader lol

Assuming i follow how evade somewhat works - my head hurts :)

I am a lvl 53 evader and a lvl 22 sweat gather and my bud is a lvl 20 evader and lvl 11 sweat gather. For fun I was sweating with him and I will tell the truth he seemed get hit about the same as me and gathered more sweat that I. We were sweating sabakumas. The subaks seem to even hit me more than him. To me it really appears that evade has no affect nor does sweat lvls on how much or how little to get hit or can sweat. It appears the algorithms do not take in to consideration levels at all.

I think you got your answers but the topic is fun and felt like mentioning a few things at first glance I haven't seen talked about yet.

Both of you are maxed Evade for that mob so your higher level becomes irrelevant and the only thing that could make a difference is an Evade ring. Since you both are maxed on that mob if your buddy has an Evade buff that mob will miss him more despite having lower evader.

On the other hand if you both decided to sweat a Hoggolo and who wouldn't because those things are cute :love: The Hoggolo will likely never miss your friend and since the Evade buff is multiplicative it would render his Evade ring pointless. 25% evade times 0 = 0 Where the Hoggolo would miss you because your Evader is high enough and if you had an Evade buff would benefit from it to gather even more sweat from that lovely lil guy.

Evader also contributes to natural Crit reduction and going off memory but believe last time it was tested if you have 3 times the mob lvl you are then maxed on natural crit reduction which is 15%.

So Evader needed to make sure a mob eventually misses to make Evade buffs effective and also add to natural crit reduction.

I also use as a thumb rule the "highest preoffeion level evader -5", but it is just a thumb rule and can vary quite a bit without any scientific explanation.
There is a very good scientific explanation. The accuracy of a mob is a stat that has nothing to do with danger level other than it being a contributing factor. You can´t look at a mobs danger level and see what accuracy value it has.
You can't really work it out,
That is absolutely correct. Other than with rigorous testing.
The fact is, it is generally true and the best way, imho, to communicate the principle that Evade/Dodge gains beyond a certain threshold is relatively pointless. It seems to be true that for a majority of mobs in EU at this time, 5 levels is where that threshold is.

Again, just don't say it's nonsense, it's not nonsense.
I would agree with this statement if it was indeed generally true. It is "generally true" that once you are 5 levels higher evader than the mobs danger level you have apparently maxed out your "evade chance" for that mob. There are however many many instances when "evade chance" is apparently maxed out significantly earlier than +5 levels. There are also quite a lot of instances where "evade chance" is not "maxed out" at +5 levels. Because of this I´d agree with Oleg that it is actually nonsense.

Using it as a rule of thumb is fine, just know that there are many, many exceptions and if you want to hunt something, go test it and see how it goes. Don´t just assume that you can´t do something just because of the danger level.

The level of a mob is calculated based on the parameters of each mob. This includes things like Max HP, Regeneration, Attack speed, Accuracy, Damage, Range, Speed etc, they don't all weigh as heavily in the calculation however. High regeneration adds a lot to the mobs level and used to add even more, until a patch about 1.5 years ago or so as some might remember where the levels of many mobs changed slightly towards higher levels on high damage creatures rather than high HP/regen creatures.

In the case of Falxangius vs Mulak'f it's partly based on the large regeneration difference with very high on Mulak'f to very low on Falxangius. There is however a big difference that isn't as easy to see between these mobs which is their attack speeds and accuracy. The Falxangius attacks quite a bit slower than Mulak'f and misses a lot more giving it perhaps a lower overall damage output (depending on evade levels).

However it is true that mobs that are generally considered more dangerous are the ones that hit hard enough to kill you in one or two hits. It's also harder to use armor to deal with such mobs while a monster like Aurli seems pretty easy because it hits super fast but not very hard making it easy to get an armor to absorb pretty much all the damage even though it might actually have higher DPS then a mob that feels tougher because it hits hard and with concentrated damage like the Falxangius.

EDIT: Pardon the necro, just realized I came here from Google.

Back