Is hunting humanoids justfiable?

Yah!
They´re al khaida!
Just Nuke the bastaaardds!!!

Damn it, getting my ADHD attacks now!! Raaawrr!!!

Is any sort of killing justifiable on any EU World?

Alright since we're on this topic that 'mutants' (Such as feffoids, boorum, and argonauts) really should or should not be killed, let's analyze some other things.

First off on Rocktropia (Remember Rocktropia is in fact part of EU here), but still, is it justifiable to kill Forum Trolls, Mulholland Boys, Soulshakers and even Stereo Jackers,etc. or any humanoid mob there on RT? If the answer is yes, then it's just as Justifiable here on Calypso as it is elsewhere in EU.

I mean granted all the Cyberwomen over on RT are in fact Androids, so this really starts to divide a fine line between human and Robot. and that in itself is a question that most people would ask .. is it right to kill a Robot? Take the RX Units from the former game engine. They were essentially were humans placed in Robot bodies (or avatars). and thus in a way with the RX Unit hunts of bygone days, the question would be.. are the RX Units really humans in Robot bodies or Robots ?

And then there's the one key factor that really stands out here, and this lies within the game itself. And that of course deals with PK'ing each other. Granted some folks enjoy PK'ing other avatars, but then stop and think about this for a moment. Avatars are the 'extension' of our human selves in a sense. So when a person PK's another person in a PVP ring, or a PVP zone, isn't it the same as killing a humanoid species?

In closing the question is.. Are mutants considered humanoid in nature? Are Robots (most notably the RX units and the Harbingers) human? Are Rocktropians and other 'humanoid' mobs human? And above all, are other players human?

I think this is where the discussion really should start.. to really sit down and figure out what to shoot, or not to shoot.

Any thoughts?

Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote "The Blind Sniper"

Ofc you have to kill them. How are you supposed to start the day right without a proper breakfast?

You need at least 3 rashers of Maff, some Feff paté and a side order of Boorum (you can decide which bit bit you fancy).

What gives mankind the right to kill at will? I'll tell you what. Guns! Big fuckin' guns with giant fuckin' bullets, pal! -- Denis Leary

Ahaha, remember that quote! Too true, too true.

And as for no killing at all... I remember reading about some Indian country years ago where they believe monkies are gods. The little buggers had begun to overrun the city and were jumping on buses and bashing people in the side of the head, stealing stuff from people, going into government buildings and chewing on wires, throwing feces, attacking people, destroying property, and disrupting work. But they're gods so you can't touch them. The other neighboring areas refused to take in the pests because they were overrun as well.

Plus what kind of first person shooter has no shooting... would we have decoy dispensers, water pistols, and paintball guns only? Though it would be hilarious to watch a team attack an Atrox with paintball guns. The Atrox would get a buffet meal and a new colorful coat.

Really. Is it justified to go out and hunt intelligent humanoids, of human descent (Feffoids, Maffoids, Boorum, ...) and otherwise (Molisk, Foul, Argonauts, ...) ?

Serious on-topic discussion only please. Yes, you can resist just posting silly quips or calling me nuts. Also not "just pixels" please. You are welcome to open your own threads on that.

If a creature can experience pain I believe it to be wrong to kill it.

That said, since EU only has pixels and nit real animals - pew pew away.

What gives mankind the right to kill at will? I'll tell you what. Guns! Big fuckin' guns with giant fuckin' bullets, pal! -- Denis Leary

+1 I completely agree :cool:

Population Control.

Only reason to hunt humanoids is that since vehicles, other human avatars don't carry good loot much anymore. Don't like a video games violence stay away................................

i see you don't get it, but is ok , i don't expect much from a US boy.
i like some violent games : i played and liked Counter Strike , Battlefield , Crossfire etc . i even played Postal 2 many years ago and liked it . you know, there you can shoot anybody armed or unarmed like US most wanted . ;)
what i was trying to emphase is that there is a twisted moral order in the choices of the OP.
i don't have such ingames issues : my vote is kill'em all starting with you !

Last edited:
Back