Question: Is it just me but does the LongTooths seem to be hit harder and more often?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Last year I had to heal about every 2 or 3 LTs. This year I have to heal after nearly every one and sometimes I have to heal on the same one. It seems they are much more accurate and hit more often and a little more damage than last year. I know I am at least 8 lvls higher in evade because I jumped almost 5 lvls when I took the evade implant on one of the missions. My health is quite a bit higher maybe 30-35 as I think I was around 165-170 last year and I am 201 now.

Anyway no big deal still fairly easy to kill just cost a little more and I just wondering if anyone else noticed.

LOL welcome to the ever evolving mobs. I chased Atrox Stalkers for years and they always beat me with evolutionary skill gains just when I got to the level to kill them.

The only thing I put it down too, is receiving damage is "good" for triggering good loots, so your ava gets "set" to the mob.

Hunt the same mob enough you will eventually get adjusted to the right mob conditions.

The chances are that another player with 10 levels less evade then you, gets hit exactly the same.

Shoot and loot, don't think about it too much or you will have all sorts of questions in your head to justify.

Rick

No difference here, you must be imagining things.

I heal people on them.. And there is no difference in damage.

Didn't get hit last year nor do I get hit now. So I think it's in your head.. :scratch2: You are maybe thinking about another mob or something?

~Danimal

Has your internet connection changed?

I've noticed (Maybe imagined. :laugh: ) that when my connection is slower / laggy I need heal more often. It's seemed bad enough that I rarely hunt when I'm away from my home connection.

Well I guess they just have my number because they are definitely hitting me harder. Four years ago I don't think I had to healed one in 10. Didn't hunt them 3 years ago was not here during the migration.

Last year I had to heal about every 2 or 3 LTs. This year I have to heal after nearly every one and sometimes I have to heal on the same one. It seems they are much more accurate and hit more often and a little more damage than last year. I know I am at least 8 lvls higher in evade because I jumped almost 5 lvls when I took the evade implant on one of the missions. My health is quite a bit higher maybe 30-35 as I think I was around 165-170 last year and I am 201 now.

Anyway no big deal still fairly easy to kill just cost a little more and I just wondering if anyone else noticed.
I thought so too..and had few people out there mention it as well..
longtooth_2.jpg

Yes don't forget that mob damage has been adjusted since last years Migration if I remember right it was done just after. Rick is right about that

Saying that I hunted them for an hour or so last night & I didn't feel was much different (for me anyway). That could be down to my defense skills being higher than last year but I haven't played much in the last 12 months so couldn't be sure of that. They might be a little higher but not much.

Spongey

You need to have at least lv30 evader for this mob to miss you some what.

You're not losing it, after several normal runs i too suddenly had to heal twice as much on every mob. It lasted for a while, then went back to normal. Looks like higher damage and series of crits come in waves. When u get several crits in a row then theres a good chance to see several oooOOOoooOOOooo lines in the chat at the same moment.

Or... maybe it's time for the next "payout cycle" and server tries to fill the lootpool this way? The mobs that crit harder also seem to trigger higher multipliers more often.
And the reverse also seems to be true, if the mob is given to u easy, with less misses and more critical hits it tends to loot only novas. Just another tinfoil hat theory ofc, with no data to prove it, but i hear others have had the same impression... :smoke:

Yeah, I noticed it. Thought it was the peashooter I was using, but no, they definitely hit more often.

Didn't get hit last year nor do I get hit now. So I think it's in your head.. :scratch2: You are maybe thinking about another mob or something?

~Danimal

Lol, give up dude. :laugh: You are not uber, so I think it's in your head :scratch2:

You need to have at least lv30 evader for this mob to miss you some what.

Well I guess I am ok there as I am a lvl 44 evader and lvl 35 dodger. BTW how did you know that ? Is there a chart or something like in EP that gives the levels needed for each mob? If you have a link please post it. This is an honest question not a dig or anything. I have been playing awhile but still have a lot to learn. TIA for any info you may have.
Peace.

Last edited:
Well I guess I am ok there as I am a lvl 44 evader and lvl 35 dodger. BTW how did you know that ? Is there a chart or something like in EP that gives the levels needed for each mob? If you have a link please post it. This is an honest question not a dig or anything. I have been playing awhile but still have a lot to learn. TIA for any info you may have. Peace.
There isn't anything around the forums or else where to indicate what I said. What I was saying to you earlier was from personal observation, albeit not 100% accurate. I made a thread a couple years ago to make discussions on the hypothesis I proposed. Which can be found here > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?219159-A-Mob-s-Level-amp-What-It-Might-Mean&highlight=. Although it's a good suggestion, I got alot of back lash for my idea, as it wasn't concise or 100% fool prove, which is what the people wanted, but to do that I needed data I couldn't gather alone and since then everyone forgot about the thread, or basically told me my theory is going nowhere. So I didn't bother. Just read the thread yourself and you will get a better understanding of what it was all about and what people contributed towards it.

Anyways, I have my own records from the bronze LT quest I did early last year. And my defence decay was just under 4% and when I undertook that quest I was exactly at the level I needed to be based on my own hypothesis of a mobs L and on what I said to you in my earlier post. My log can be found here > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?232687-Longtooth-Bronze-Quest-Complete!&highlight=. I haven't hunted LT this year, cause I don't have a reason to do so and also completed all the known quests for LT. So I cannot say whether or not the mob now has been particularly adjusted somewhat since last time they were here. In all honesty, calypso dev's could have tweaked their code a bit so that they miss less often or crit more in succession. Either way you need to be at least what I suggested to be economical hunting LT's.

Another reason why my theory can't be unified is because different mobs on different planets have different parameters. Like on RT majority of mobs even though low lvl will get you more times over than any mob on calypso, due to their high rate of attacks per minute. RT mobs have like 30 hits a minute, while caly mobs have around 18-20. Ark is probably mid way too. But overall I like using my theory from time to time, and test to see if I was right or wrong, and majority of the time my estimations are correct. And really that's all it really is, is just estimations.

Last edited:
Back