Is it mandatory to be a complete idiot to work in a shop with paypoint?

Bullet 007

Provider
Society
Honest Entropians
David Bullet Smith
I am so sick of how stupid people are, time and time again I have to show the shopkeepers the instructions on how to get ukash or paysafecard. I was running late today at work as I normally goto the same shop (makes it easier, they know me, they know how to use the thing ((after ive showed them about 5 times each member of staff before))) however I thought doesnt matter ill goto the shop 2 mins from my house, never been there before but hey should be able to get the voucher even if it takes a while to explain.
Well these monkeys take the cake.
They wouldnt even attempt to print the voucher, they just said their machine doesnt do it.
I tried to explain to them its a paypoint terminal, it will work but they were adamant it doesnt do it. I even asked to speak to the manager and he was as stupid as the assistant, he said the same "this terminal doesnt do that". I asked them 3 times is it or is it not a paypoint machine, yes they say.
So you can do it then.
Sorry our machine isnt updated to do that.
Can you try please I said? Ill even show you what to do if you cant understand the simple instructions I just gave you.
Nope sorry wont try I know it doesnt work.

I give up I really do.
So now I cant play Entropia tonight as I dont have PEDs :( and have to wait to tomorrow.
Some people just amaze me at their stupidity.

Anyone else have similar experieces? Sorry for the rant but these pair of donuts annoyed the hell out of me.

Is it mandatory to be a complete idiot to work in a shop with paypoint?
yes

Well if you are stupid enough to do like that you will be punished with not being able to sell stuff ^^ lol

Sry that it didn't work out for ya!

It is not mandatory for the staff to be idiots. I have worked in shops, and do not regard myself as as a complete idiot, so know this.

The problem is that is in not mandatory for the shop owner/manager to know what they are doing. Nor is it mandatory for them to know the full range of products and services the shop they own/manage offers.
It's also true that some owners/managers can't be bothered to properly train their staff in the correct operation of the Pay-point machine, assuming they know how to use it to start with!

So I suggest you learn how the Pay-Point machine works, then you can provide the training that the member of staff (unfortunate enough to get you as a customer) failed to get.

well, my mini market that paypoints, i have to tell them that the laminated barcode i just gave them and asked for a £100 top up on, they have to scan it with the scanner that is next to the top up machine - EVERY BLADDY TIME!:eyecrazy: same staff too!!

i once went to another shop, not paypoint but same idea, different company. They typed the word Ukash into the machine manually and gave me the voucher which obviously didnt work, no chance of getting diddly squat back from them........ no it wasn't me that served you!........

BUYER BEWARE!!!! i am sure this was a very rare occurance, it will be an 'automated' process for them to print the voucher, and at the bottom it says "payment succesfull" and gives you a "voucher number".
Safest thing is check the Ukash website for their list of retailers.

for the record, there is such a thing as karma, at least where that shopkeeper was concerned............

Stinky:yay:

I can agree entirely that in the 6 shops I've been to, that have these machines, all 6 had staff in them that had no clue how to use the machines. Not one single person knew, that's about 20 different staff in total. It's the manager's fault as they should not only know or find out themselves, but then train the staff accordingly. Only 2 of the 20 staff actually attempted to try and get the Paypal voucher for me without asking, saying they'd never done it before. Most tried when I gave them instructions.

In one place, a "Co-op" the manager was there teacher a newbie about working the till etc. and I asked for a Ukash voucher and the freakin manager was adamant they didn't do them. I said "well... that's exactly what the machine does, literally, I was in here 24 hours ago and I got a working voucher from that machine right in front of you". Again the cretin told me I was mistaken. Ah well, that was £50 of business I took elsewhere.

I was only using Ukash until my credit card was activated, I don't think I could have gone through that palarva every time. The Ukash company need to make sure they have people to train the managers so this doesn't happen.

:better: Sorry to hear about your situation... I can imagine your frustration, wanting to deposit, knowing how the process works, and being held back... Next time I'd tell them it's a matter of life and death.... maybe then they'd at least let you try....

I hope things get sorted for you soon...;)

Make life easier at PayPoint to buy a paysafecard voucher

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you had such difficulty in buying a paysafecard voucher. There is an option to print off the bar code on the paysafecard website, in the "where to buy paysafecard" section. You can print of the pdf and simply hand in to the shop keeper.

Hope this helps in the future to buy a paysafecard voucher.

Cheers
The Knight

Yep, I have had this. In the end I just leant over and pressed the screen for them to show them where the UKash thing was.

Just tell them that you really really need it as you need to buy ammunition for your gun to kill the people at the oilrig before they kill you. Always good a few funny looks.

Just tell them that you really really need it as you need to buy ammunition for your gun to kill the people at the oilrig before they kill you. Always good a few funny looks.

And the winner is: :lolup:

I once depo'd with UKASH, simply to get the gun you get with it....

When I explained to the shopkeeper they looked at me as if i'd just walked into their living room on xmas day and pissed on their kids...

ALOT of them don't know how to use it lol....

After hearing this, I understand why we have nothing like this in the US.
We do have prepaid Visa/MasterCard gift cards, possibly the closest thing to any thing like this, but they're backed by major credit card companies, so no hassles there, and they're idiot-store-clerk-proof.

As I wrote in another thread, UKASH is not the most popular and well known method for safe Internet payments. Many shop assistants are badly trained (managers too). They are trained to scan the barcode and use the til, nothing more usually. I had some problems with getting UKASH, but so far bought it only once and found a shop assistant who had no problem with this at all. I will check it the next time I will deposit, maybe I will have similar adventures, can be funny though :) Good thing about it is that I don't have to pay my bank a fee for overseas transaction using UKASH and this convinced me to give it a try.

Just for fun, I decided to check out the UKash/PayPoint website.
They say you can get it "world wide" - I suppose to be accurate they should say "Old World Wide", since they only cover a small part of Europe.

I have a little script I use when doing this, usually works.

I want some ukash please, it's under E-money on your terminal. And STARE confidently at the person behind the counter...make them know you aren't going to give up. (Slaver a little if they look nervous)

If YOU know where it is and make sure they know that...they won't just look like idiots but feel like idiots too if they can't find it.

Since using this approach I've only met one real prat, and even he could find Paysafecard in the machine which works the same way and is also an acceptable method of depositing into EU.

My local Spar owner is a real cool guy and told me that a lot of shops that do Ukash also now sell prepaid mastercards and make a lot more commission on those, so maybe playing dumb pays that way?

t

+ rep man :)))))

Its funny, these stories about Ukash, im glad i have my master card :p

But also its not funny, that it is the same story again and again. Is the terminal really so hard to manipulate ? no i think there are some restrictions for IQ if you are applying there for a job. ( mostly for managers )

Unfortunately the IQ of people in the world is dropping these days....

....the intelligent people are off in other worlds such as Entropia :)

Been in the same situation:

° on a shop's website it stated that they sold paysafecards...
° on the paysafe-website it was stated that the (same) shop sold paysafecards
° I went to the shop...
° "Can I have a paysafecard please?"
° shopkeeper: "a what?"
° me: "a Paysafecard"
° shopkeeper: "you mean a card to reload your cellphone?"
° me: "no a paysafecard, a pre-paid card you can use on various website to obtain online products (starting to get enervated at this point)
° shopkeerper: "we don't have that.."
° me: "you're website says you have it.."
° shopkeeper: "no no that must be a mistake we don't have that kind of card here"
° me: "are you sure? even the paysafe-website says you sell it"
° shopkeeper: "no no no ... but maybe you can try the shop next door.. maybe they mean that shop"

Took off, looked at the other shop outside (there was only 1 other freagin' shop outside) ... that shop SOLD CAR PARTS!! <---- :scratch2:

SIGH.. luckely I found a another shop..

Took off, looked at the other shop outside (there was only 1 other freagin' shop outside) ... that shop SOLD CAR PARTS!! <---- :scratch2:

:laugh:

Btw, why not sell these things in your own shop? :D

Taken a while a few times, but I have always been able to get them in the end. I always use Ukash, and I try to use the same shop. I just printed the barcode off the Ukash website, and when they say they are not sure what to do, hand them it and say to scan it. That always works, even if they are sure it will not work, get them to scan the barcode and it will. :D

Back