Is it possible to mine without hunting?

But OK for mining!????

A miner would never jump in and out over and over again. It costs too much in gas and it takes too much time to pull your claim (plus the time it takes between getting out and back in is enough time for a mob to damage you... not smart way to mine).
The smart thing would be to run the mob away, jump in VTOL and go back to claim.

Everyone in any profession can do that and is not considered an exploit (at least I have not seen nor heard of any evidence to suggest that in MA's eyes, it is an exploit).
It's the jumping in and out over and over; that is the difference (and that is what support will tell you IS an exploit).

Now that all miners agreed that Vtol seem to be handy mining tool, we need to write down support case about bug in mining because pkers in pvp4 do not loose agro once miner use ...hmm his mining Vtol tool.

It's just that all lootable PvP zones are no-vehicle areas.:D

Well MA changed it after a lot of "#$%&/(!.
Oh, how unfair is that - miners cant use vehicles in areas where they mine.
And what inconsistence from MA that applied good sollution only partialy limiting it on areas where comunity was loud enought.

Maybe (just maybe) that's because it was the only real mining related advantage/exploit.
No other real mining exploit has been given as an example, as of yet. At least, not a valid one.

I've only been playing for maybe 2 weeks and I'm finding that mining is giving me a much better return than hunting has, but my concern is the future.

How difficult will it be if I tried to mine without hunting at all? There have been a few instances where an L7 Argonaut Scout detects and attacks me from quite a distance away, and an L3 or 4 dinosaur looking thing will be more forgiving. I've just been trying to find the most cost effective route to my endgame.

Ideally my endgame consists of mining and crafting. I've always had the most fun with those activities in various games.

all you need to do is to equip OF-105 and TT excavator with a bunch of probes (both ore and enmatter enabled) and run mining on all domes of asteroid.. You will be more profitable as you progress mining skills there...

all you need to do is to equip OF-105 and TT excavator with a bunch of probes (both ore and enmatter enabled) and run mining on all domes of asteroid.. You will be more profitable as you progress mining skills there...

You advise someone with 2 weeks mining experience to go to FOMA? I hope you're not a Mentor.

Back