Is it possible to play this game without contributing money out of my pocket?

greycloud

Hatchling
I've honestly looked at this game and it looks awesome. I like the Idea of being able to own your own places as well as haviung to maintain them but I would like to know if it is possible for me to start the game without contributiong money to my avatar. I would like to play the game as if it were anarchy online ort any other MMORPG. I understand that it is real life currency, but this game looks too awesome to just let it go by. Like, if I have to give money I will I guess, but I'd honestly rather just enjoy the game. Is it hard to enjoy the game without giving money towards your avatar?

Use the search function

greycloud said:
I've honestly looked at this game and it looks awesome. I like the Idea of being able to own your own places as well as haviung to maintain them but I would like to know if it is possible for me to start the game without contributiong money to my avatar. I would like to play the game as if it were anarchy online ort any other MMORPG. I understand that it is real life currency, but this game looks too awesome to just let it go by. Like, if I have to give money I will I guess, but I'd honestly rather just enjoy the game. Is it hard to enjoy the game without giving money towards your avatar?
Use the "Search funtion" and type in "Make money" or something. This question has been asked and answered many times.

if you just want to enjoy the game, you have to (as with any other game) pay. what makes PE diferent to other games is that you pay as much or little you want, its playable anyhow.

ofcourse you can also start from 0 and work your way up by gathering sweats, going to oilrig etc, and when you have enough, begin trading. but thats not as much "enjoying" as paying. your choice.

The better you get the more expensive it becomes. Yes you can have a ghetto life here without depositing, but you'll never make anything of yourself.

Its not a free ride. Ask the people who pay $3000 for a rifle or first aid kit.

The only people who make money are skammers and theres a lot of serious players trying to get them out of the system because they ruin it for everyone else.

Remember this in your life. Theres no such thing as a free lunch.

It's a great game to play, but treat it like a subscription game and stick in $10 or $20 per month and consider it gone.

If you don't contribute NEVER complain about crap loot or anything else. Remember you're basically sponging off people who do pay, and pay a lot of money in most cases.

its not true that the only people that are earning money are scammers. just that it takes alot off time, patience and money before you can begin profit. its a hard thing but not impossible.

The typical things you do in game, (hunt, mine, etc) will be a drain on your funds... you wont even come close to breaking even by looting mobs.

You can make money if you want to stand at the teleports and barter down when buying stuff, say buying sweat from noobs at 1.9 a bottle, then Bartering up to sell it in large quantities for 2.1 or so a bottle.

Suppose you spend 3 hours one evening after work in the game. Instead of hunting and having fun, you hang out at the cities to haggle and buy, and manage to buy a whopping 1,511 bottles of sweat, and all at 1.9 a bottle! (Which costs you 287.09 PED) Then you even manage to sell them all for a nice markup, say 2.3 a bottle. For a total of 347.53
An impressive gain of 60.44 PED, or $6.04 US!

You went from work where you make probably $10 to $40 an hour... (at least 6 bucks an hour at minimum wage,) to working in the game for $2 an hour.

Having said all that, I too came to the game the same way, with the same idea. But after playing for only a few hours, I like it enough to continue playing by buying in at probably 10 bucks a month.

Since I only have the time to play a few hours a week, its actually more cost effective for me than any other MMO where I would still pay a monthly fee but hardly ever play. This way, I might not play for weeks, but the same initial 10 bucks I deposited will still be waiting for me untill I use it up.

as Megasnert said trading is one way. but dealing with sweat is probably the most stupid thing you could do. theres alot more money in other items, and it doesnt take that as much time either. but ofcourse, its alot more fun being out in the bush ;)

If we all got 5 PEC for each time someone asked that i think so... :D

but seriously unless you get like insanely lucky (WHICH CAN HAPPEN) to keep playing PE your gonna want to deposit. You can get by with just 10 US a month thoug i have for 2 years now and i'm having a blast still.
thats cheeper then other games.

If you can hack it though gather sweat until you are no longer able to (you will hit a skill cap) then sell that HUGE bulk of sweat for a descent price. Then get pixie armour, and like the Opal and kill low end mobs and prey you get lucky. you may just get buy without eveer depositing it does happen but not that often.

Megasnert said:
You can make money if you want to stand at the teleports and barter down when buying stuff, say buying sweat from noobs at 1.9 a bottle, then Bartering up to sell it in large quantities for 2.1 or so a bottle.

Suppose you spend 3 hours one evening after work in the game. Instead of hunting and having fun, you hang out at the cities to haggle and buy, and manage to buy a whopping 1,511 bottles of sweat, and all at 1.9 a bottle! (Which costs you 287.09 PED) Then you even manage to sell them all for a nice markup, say 2.3 a bottle. For a total of 347.53
An impressive gain of 60.44 PED, or $6.04 US!

I love your whole post but just one small point, to follow this plan he has to actually have 287.09 ped in capital to start. Thats roughly $30 after MA commission.

In order to raise this capital given that sweating is the only option available to him he would have to collect roughly 14,400 bottles of sweat first.

:)

Blargh!!

Its NOT just scammers that make money. Claiming that just show how stupid and/or ignorant some people can be.
Its also fully possible to make money both mining and hunting if you do it righ. And no, doing your hunting or mining right is NOT primarilly a matter of having the right several thousand dollar equipment or getting the HoFs and globals. If you want to say otherwise you can kiss my profiting, non-trading ass! :wise:

Last edited:
Tigerman said:
Its NOT just scammers that make money. Claiming that just show how stupid and/or ignorant some people can be.

I'm entitled to my opinon. I don't believe I am the only one who feels this way.

Tigerman said:
Its also fully possible to make money both mining and hunting if you do it righ.

I don't see how the maths work on this, but if you're doing it honestly good luck to you. Bet you're not going to tell anyone how or give any tips, which was the point of this thread?

Tigerman said:
And no, doing your hunting or mining right is NOT primarilly a matter of having the right several thousand dollar equipment or getting the HoFs and globals.

I never said it was. What I said was ask the people who've paid $3k if it's a free game. Try this interesting technique called reading.

Tigerman said:
If you want to say otherwise you can kiss my profiting, non-trading ass! :wise:

Tigerman said:
-rep Is it possible to play ...11-16-2005 07:11 PM Tigerman "Dont talk out of your ass"

I think that sums you up nicely. Good academic debate with well reasoned arguments. Thank you for your input.

Oh by the way, really, how are you making money if you don't trade?

One additional point of clarification, when we say "Making money", are we talking in terms of making it in game, or in terms of making regular withdrawals as in a job?

Last edited:
zzzztj said:
Tigerman said:

I'm entitled to my opinon. I don't believe I am the only one who feels this way.

Yes, and Tigerman has answered your opinion with a fact. You would be surprised at the number of people who have profited from either hunting or mining. And it's possible doing it without having excessive luck.

Tigerman said:
Its also fully possible to make money both mining and hunting if you do it righ. And no, doing your hunting or mining right is NOT primarilly a matter of having the right several thousand dollar equipment or getting the HoFs and globals. If you want to say otherwise you can kiss my profiting, non-trading ass! :wise:

Feel the love. :D

Wakeup call. Youre not entitled to call people scammers

zzzztj said:
Tigerman said:
WRONG! You are NOT entitled to run around calling everyone that actually profit a scammer. Thats an outright insult and it is not something I accept people accusing me of.

zzzztj said:
I don't see how the maths work on this, but if you're doing it honestly good luck to you. Bet you're not going to tell anyone how or give any tips, which was the point of this thread?
Ummm... Maybe thats why you dont profit and think only scammers do then??

zzzztj said:
Tigerman said:
And no, doing your hunting or mining right is NOT primarilly a matter of having the right several thousand dollar equipment or getting the HoFs and globals.
I never said it was. What I said was ask the people who've paid $3k if it's a free game. Try this interesting technique called reading.
Maybe YOU should try reading what its written? Its a clarification and not a reply to a quote by you.

zzzztj said:
One additional point of clarification, when we say "Making money", are we talking in terms of making it in game, or in terms of making regular withdrawals as in a job?
That depends on what the one that make them decide to do, now dont it??
If they want to hoard them ingame in some form or withdraw them is up to each and every one. I withdraw most of it. Others just hoard cash on their PED card. But as soon as you have withdrawn more than you have deposited or if you never deposited in the first place, it doesnt matter if you have the money ingame or if you withdraw them, its still money.

Last edited:
Back