Is it realy free?

offer11

Hatchling
Ok, is Project Entropia, (Entropia Universe) really free? I know you can begin to play without paying money, but can you actually buy everything in the game, earn all the stats, go all the places, without real money but just earning game money??

No. Unless someone gives it all to you for free, which I doubt would ever happen... :rolleyes:

Short answer: Yes, it really is free.

Long answer: Just like it is free to go outside to take a breath is free, so is PE. But if you want anything in the game, you will have to raise some money, either by depositing your own, or earning it ingame. yes you can start with nothing and earn money, but you will make money a lot faster mowing your neighbours lawn. Then use that money to deposit.

Mukke said:
yes you can start with nothing and earn money, but you will make money a lot faster mowing your neighbours lawn. Then use that money to deposit.

i usually: say rather become a paper boy ;)

In theory it is free. Practically it's not.

So, if you really want to spend years gathering sweat, you could do pretty much anything. If you want to have fun you'll have to deposit some money. For me it doesn't cost any more than any other MMORPG.

life is free, just pray hard enough and god will give u anything u need.

Well, there are a few people around who have made it without depositing... ;)
(Not counting scammers, full-time traders, sweaters or people who just got a lot of luck and hit it big in the first few weeks/months)

EU is The Most Expensive Game in the world!

And best. :tongue2:

Hm the word free depends. You have no purchase fee and no fixed montly charge.

But when you use something that decay and have to repaired when its broken you paid a not fixed fee to Mindark. How mutch you pay depends on the level of participation in Eu. For the Average Participant this fee seems (if you wanna belive MindArk) around 5 - 15 Ped each Hour. Apart from this fee you wage the Monney you using while performing your choosen Profession. As nobody would love to loose always monney, because mindark take monney out when you use a item that decays, we have a wave like loot system. With small but high Peaks over your used monney and below average downs where you not break even.

So yes, Eu can theoretical free to use , it can also free to gain monney by trading , sweating or even getting lucky all time and making big globals or hofs. But if you get monney in what way ever and spend it you pay a not fixed fee to mindark. No matter if you still profit or dont care, but it cost you something apart from waging your monney.

Because of that i can just give out a very limited, "Yes its free" :)
But without Fees there where no EU, so just know your limits and have fun

Entropia Universe is free to play and free to pay! Meaning, you can play for free but it might suck! You can pay to play - but it still sucks!

If you do not need good equipment, armor, faps etc. it of course costs you nothing. I have pulled in around 3K USD myself - or very close to +/- but if I withdrawal now, I don't get near as much out. I didn't "overspend" my money. I used them on armor, weapon (a gun, 2 swords, rifel) and ammo/repairs. *shrugs* but a lot of people did it better than that! Also remember that you are paying for the "more-fun" you might get by having a little money (- not including the annoyance from bugs etc. here). IF you decide to deposit it is a very good idea infront to decide HOW much you want to deposit a month. Because it is difficult to stop when first started.

Good luck

Back