Is Medusa's Head Island a sign of MA needing fast cash?

interest links

(sorry about shortening your post here..)

This is the Map of Medusa:

And this is a map of Medusa with the LandArea's overlapping:

From these you should get a good idea of how much water is involved.

well nice pics ... :D

Gallery Message

Xen-G, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

(sorry about shortening your post here..)

Understood, and I'll try to answer some of the questions that I can answer right now:

Regarding the size of the land. If you pick 3 of the large LandArea's on Amethera, and 5 of the small LandArea's, that's comparable in size.

This is the Map of Medusa:

And this is a map of Medusa with the LandArea's overlapping:

From these you should get a good idea of how much water is involved.

• These will be the natural spawns of the islands: Gokibusagi, Prancer, Allophyl, Berycled, Snarg, Estophyl, Itumatrox, Caudatergus, Cornundacauda, Hiyuru, Tripudion. In addition, some puny's will also spawn outside the residential area. These are the spawns that is not available to control via the DNA, but the land-manager will be able to have them removed.
(A mistake was made when we first went out with the information about Medusa, it was said that these spawns could be moved once; however that is not correct. They can only be removed. The info-page have been updated.)
There will also be fish in the waters around the islands, such as Calypsocods, Razortooths and Rippersnappers. In most cases they won't be covered by the Land Area.
• Hunting Lodge is what you know as the Shed, however it is redesigned to fit with the Medusa Theme.
• We have no plans of removing or touching any existing spawns of any of these mobs.
• Regarding any future development, the proprietor of the estate will have contact with FPC staff.

There's some points which will make more sense at our next Content Release, which is now scheduled for Wednesday the 8th December as the release now have unfortunately been pushed back one day.
There's five days available for anyone who's interested in acquiring the deed to be able to hands-on experience the area before December 13th, when the auction is planned to start.

As Im sure you know by now, FPC does not code. There have been no less development on the old systems because of this addition to Planet Calypso, as this is a FPC product.

I am not allowed to watch these screens of landareas and land, why?

I am not allowed to watch these screens of landareas and land, why?

Same here.

I think permissions have not been set properly.

There are load of LA's an other property that MA can sell, so I don't believe them to be in trouble in anyway, though it is curious as the last deer mall shop has also been put up for sale recently.

Actually, it doesn't matter. Do you know why? If MA need cash, and someone buys this, they WILL get cash.

And if they need more cash in the future? Taddaaaa, another release.

As long as they can create islands/spacestations/asteroids/hamburger restaurants/volcanoes etc. for sale, there will be buyers. So, it doesn't really matter if they need money or not. If they want, they can create. That is what is so good with their business plan. For them, anyway...

How many years new planets were announced ? i can't remember...
Where are they ?

Rocktropia is already with us.

Next Island is due to launch on 10th December.

Ozi showed us his new planet in progress (cant find his thread)

And as far as I'm aware the others are still in development (takes years to develop)

As has been said, this is the usual big Christmas sale for the entrepreneurs / fat wallets :xmas:

If MA needs cash all they need to do is have a quick meeting with the BASE team not develop a whole new area.

Its christmas time, and in that.... its a time of year end bonus' also.

???

Does Ma need fast cash?

That's a question i'm asking to myself, and i don't really know what to think about it.
With 8 new lands, i thought MA was replying to a request from the players who wanted to buy there own land because there was no more available.
But looking at different areas, I've realised that Marco was the owner of a few land and there were not exploited.

If it was just to put some more lands on the market, I guess Marco would have put one or two of his owns on the auction, but that's not the case.

By creating a new island with new mobs, the value of each of the lands is gonna be higher than the ones already existing, so a lot more money for MA.

So should we worry about it?

Okay I'm not sure where you get your information from but;
1)MA has nothing to do with land areas. First Planet Company(FPC) the builders and owners of Planet Calypso create a new area pretty much every year around Christmas.
2)At least once every 2 months I see a Land Area on the auction, usually the ones that are owned by poor land managers so they have terrible spawns, no TP/service station, and no incentive for anyone to go there. You can buy one of these for around 10-15k US$, add another 12k US$ for TP/service station, plus whatever the cost of DNA for the creature you want there, plus the cost of advertising/events, ect.

So basically if you got 25-30k US$ that your willing to invest you can buy land, of coarse the success of that area depends entirly on your marketing abilitys.

My only concern is the population. There's not a lot to tax if the playerbase stays the same. You can make all the taxable areas you want but you need players to tax. Though our choise becomes more diverse which might be good.

I don't think it's a clear sign that FPC is desperate for cash. It is however worrying that they are releasing more land without the player base increasing sufficiently. Put in other words, for every land area they release it devalues the existing areas by a similar fraction. (Release 10% more lands, and the existing lands are devalued 10% as well). As I am already a land owner this is of course quite worrying. It ought to be for anyone considering buying as well.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

FPC is in need of liquid funds to operate, this sale type will continue yearly, player base increase or not.

My question is: Will these funds from the sale be put to good use such as marketing Calypso to the public ?

Yes ....I think FPC = MA wants to get so much money fast now ( because they have sold CP and now put in Medusa in so short time ) before the now owner takes over the FPC.

When the now owner takes over FPC then will FPC not belong to MA anymore.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

FPC is in need of liquid funds to operate, this sale type will continue yearly, player base increase or not.

My question is: Will these funds from the sale be put to good use such as marketing Calypso to the public ?

You have to look at the bright side - eventually there will be enough land areas so that every player will be able to own one. :)

Just to clarify,

• It is FPC selling the property, not MindArk.
  • Marco isn't the owner of the LandArea's you're talking about, it is Marcus (Callender), our estate-avatar.

The sale is our Christmas-sale item, which is often done during Christmas. Treasure Island, Asteroid Space Station, and last year Crystal Palace have been earlier sales. Treasure Island was the first one to be sold in this manner, in 2004. :)

Ok... I am behind my avatar who is behind the avatar Marcus (Callender).:wtg:

I don't think it's a clear sign that FPC is desperate for cash. It is however worrying that they are releasing more land without the player base increasing sufficiently. Put in other words, for every land area they release it devalues the existing areas by a similar fraction. (Release 10% more lands, and the existing lands are devalued 10% as well). As I am already a land owner this is of course quite worrying. It ought to be for anyone considering buying as well.

doesnt stop them from releasing planets i dont know why it would stop them from releasing LA's.....I wonder how much they get from the same 1000 players lol.

"Sales of Subsidiary
The process, for MindArk's subsidiary First Planet Company, to sell all rights to the planet Calypso continues according to plan. The deal is intended to be completed during the last quarter of 2010 and will lead to a capital gain for the MindArk Group of approximately 6 million USD. The Group will receive the payment in five parts until June 2011.

Layaway? Someone (SEE) is buying the rights to Calypso on layaway?

Back