Is MISS MISS MISS where the ped comes from for missions?

Naithen

Old Alpha
Society
Indy
If you hunt youve noticed the three MISS factor that happens ontop of the normal misses you get hunting.So the other day as the Longtooth globals flash across the screen and at the same time the 3 MISS's do, it didnt take much thought to put the two together and wonder if the 3 MISS's in a row is a new tax on hunters aimed at paying for these missions? If not where is this extra loss in pec per shot going? And if this was the case would you care and accept it as something you would support?

my opinion

misses suck and are engineered to give the mobs chances to damage you

humans strive to derive order from randomness

How about where the "fail" "fail" goes to :confused:

Kinda makes sense.

Seeing as a whole lot of people notice it, not just one person thinking its odd.

What happened to MA makes money off of decay and ammo goes in to loot pool theory?

What happened to MA makes money off of decay and ammo goes in to loot pool theory?

I thought this had been confirmed. If I remember correctly from a few old-timey discussions with Marco, all ammo spent (on ranged weapons) goes to the loot pool, and weapon decay is MA/FPC profit. I don't have time to search for it now, but I thought it was in one of those Q&A chats they used to have every now and then in 2006.

What are you more likely to remember? The time you hit 3 times in a row and a global went by, or the time you missed 3 times in a row and a global went by?

Its possible there is a correlation between misses and globals, but i think its FAR more likely there isnt. We as humans like to look for patterns. Our whole sight system depends on recognizing patterns in what we see. Even if there is no pattern to some data we will try to put some order to the chaos.

it didnt take much thought to put the two together and wonder if the 3 MISS's in a row is a new tax on hunters aimed at paying for these missions?

what would we be paying for?

Skills? although they're valuable to us, are free for MA...

Programmers and customer support? well, maybe the balancing team is trying something...

Maybe the mission broker's union is demanding a new contract:D

I thought this had been confirmed. If I remember correctly from a few old-timey discussions with Marco, all ammo spent (on ranged weapons) goes to the loot pool, and weapon decay is MA/FPC profit. I don't have time to search for it now, but I thought it was in one of those Q&A chats they used to have every now and then in 2006.

Unfortunately this isnt true, as it would make high decaying guns and amps horribly uneco if your spent 50% on ammo and 50% on decay compared to 90% on ammo 10% decay, but this isnt the case.

MA gives everyone longterm a certain % back, varying with your eco, but only on ammo/gun/amp decay, fap and armour isnt in the equation.

I think that at the moment with a 3.0 Average eco you'll get 100% TT return on TT spent, of course if everyone started using more eco guns, then the average would go down.

The MISS's are just alot more noticeable as you get them pop up in chat, but as many have tested, we have 2% more misses, instead of 92% hits landing and 8% miss, its now 90% and 10%.

2% could add up to alot in the long run, but what that does is reduce eco on all guns, therefore increasing the loot per average eco return %.

For example:

If everyone used guns with 2.5 avg eco, then someone using a gun with 3.0+ eco would profit TT wise, but if everyones eco dropped to 2.0, and the person with 3.0 dropped to 2.5, he would get the same results (TT profit) he did with 3.0 when everyone was using 2.5.

1) Average Eco: 2.5 = 90% return
Person using 3.0 = 110% return

2) Average Eco: 2.0 = 90% return
Person using 2.5 = 110% return

It's not exactly a crackpot theory, as back then when no (L) guns existed, the average eco was surely under 2.5, yet people had the normal 90-95% overall returns, and everyone with 50+ hit and an imp/mod gun profited.

The system has a way of balancing itself for the most part.

Last edited:
maybe a lot of people are just very paranoid:D

You don't miss more when hunting mission mobs, so no.

It is really funny, for years we asked that we can see misses in chat so we can track some things. Now we got that and one would think people would use the appropriate tools (i.e. Akoz's, Starfinder's) instead rely on gut feelings and impressions. But nope, some people rather babble away instead of doing some basic testing and research.

It is really funny, for years we asked that we can see misses in chat so we can track some things. Now we got that and one would think people would use the appropriate tools (i.e. Akoz's, Starfinder's) instead rely on gut feelings and impressions. But nope, some people rather babble away instead of doing some basic testing and research.

Uhm that is what I just wanted to write.... so I can only second it now. :)

Unfortunately this isnt true, as it would make high decaying guns and amps horribly uneco if your spent 50% on ammo and 50% on decay compared to 90% on ammo 10% decay, but this isnt the case.

Sure you just got it wrong.

1. Marco never said they take ALL of the decay the just said their profit comes from decay that is a huge difference.
2. It would not be uneco since given a lootpool in fact exists is a global pool. Whether you spent 90% ammo and 10% decay or just 100% decay it does not matter since you are getting the money of others.
3. Actually it does not matter anyways since no one knows how loot distribution works exactly we only can witness a certain percentage we are getting close to so it's not appropriate to look at Marco's statement from a biased point of view.

You don't miss more when hunting mission mobs, so no.

Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with missions or globals, and the overall miss rate is ususally ok, but I'd still like an explanation for the 3 miss thing, which seems to happen more than often than it should by chance. No I have not counted, yes that's a gut feeling. :)

Fail causes neither decay nor ammo usage so the correct answer is - nowhere.

Are you sure about this statement. It sure looks like my ammo goes down everytime I get a fail which seems to be every third or fourth shot. I know the Misses deplete ammo for sure . But looks like the fails do as well . Or am I just seeing things

Fail causes neither decay nor ammo usage so the correct answer is - nowhere.

Are you sure about this statement. It sure looks like my ammo goes down everytime I get a fail which seems to be every third or fourth shot. I know the Misses deplete ammo for sure . But looks like the fails do as well . Or am I just seeing things

In my opinion, Dude, you are correct. You shoot, spent ammo and decay than fail occurs, which is the failure of if you hit it or didn't. If it is added to the loot pool and the decay to the profit is not clear, but bottom line, you lost ammo and decay for nothing.
And MA has probably taken this as pure profit as you dont have it anymore but you did pay for it and now no one can withdraw it so its in MA hands.

Last edited:

MA gives everyone longterm a certain % back, varying with your eco, but only on ammo/gun/amp decay, fap and armour isnt in the equation.

I think that at the moment with a 3.0 Average eco you'll get 100% TT return on TT spent, of course if everyone started using more eco guns, then the average would go down.

Seems that you are sure about this. How can you be so sure? Is there any evidence?

The MISS's are just alot more noticeable as you get them pop up in chat, but as many have tested, we have 2% more misses, instead of 92% hits landing and 8% miss, its now 90% and 10%.

2% could add up to alot in the long run, but what that does is reduce eco on all guns, therefore increasing the loot per average eco return %.

This can be tested empirical. I have not seen these test(results), nor did I looked for it extensively. Can you point me to the results of these new tests?

If every time you shoot a mob and you miss those missed shots add up to ALOT OF PED! Depending on the weapon your using the ammo you just lost per shot goes to whos wallet the loot pool or MA ? IF it goes to MA then you should be concerned thier not manipulating the hit miss factor when ever they feel like it.And if your getting 3 MISS MISS MISS s in a row do your skills in aim,dodge evade etc mean anything at all or are your skills being bypassed to ripp you off?

If you get a fail ever 3-4 shots... you need to get some better connection with the servers I think...

I get 'fail' once a day or so, and afaik it never drains ammo or decay (I monitor decay/ammo left very carefully)

FFS - Everybody misses - misses are built into the system. The only difference is that now we can positively distinguish a miss from a bad shot.

As for three misses in a row - who here has not noticed that everything in EU, good and bad, comes in waves? Really, anyone?

The algorithms behind EU all lead to the bunching of outcomes. Hits, damage done, skill gains, globals, mining claims, crafting runs, everything. With a shot it is either Hit/Crit or Miss. As misses are quite common, so to are obvious, often uninterrupted, series of misses.

:beerchug:

Miles

Sure you just got it wrong.

1. Marco never said they take ALL of the decay the just said their profit comes from decay that is a huge difference.
2. It would not be uneco since given a lootpool in fact exists is a global pool. Whether you spent 90% ammo and 10% decay or just 100% decay it does not matter since you are getting the money of others.
3. Actually it does not matter anyways since no one knows how loot distribution works exactly we only can witness a certain percentage we are getting close to so it's not appropriate to look at Marco's statement from a biased point of view.

If this was true, then if everyone used 50% decay and 50% ammo, we wouldnt see anything over 60% returns... MA makes their profit from armour and fap decay, tp chips, everything not 100% necesary to kill the mob. People view decay on guns/amp as lost peds to MA, but its the same as ped spent on ammo. MA gives back a certain % based on your eco, thats where they also get profit.

the 3-5 misses are alot more frequent than they used to be, and quite frankly it's pissing me off.

I would like to see MA tell us why the 3 miss's are happening along with the normal rate of misses and how our skills in aim relate to the 3 miss's.And even better when will this be fixed ?:scratch2:

when i have managed to be watching at the right time ammo doesnot deplete for failed shots, I think this is one improvement they have made because i think before there was failed message your ammo did deplete when your net glitched or client glitched , i could be wrong it was harder to notice .

Back