Is running mobs through a base bad form?

How do you feel about mobs led into towns in massive numbers

• I think they should be banned.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I personaly dont really care one way or the other.

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • I think its fine.

Votes: 77 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Kevorkian

Alpha
Society
Circle of Lootius
Dr Kevorkian Killzone
Im kinda wondering what the community thinks of this pratice.Earlier today Im at Argus at a tt terminal in the open area and a massive herd of Cornadacudas comes carging through attacking everything in sight.I needed to repair a fap and got wacked in the process of trying to get armor on.
Not to long ago Im hunting and I see someone tagging more and running around with them.I tp back to the base,give a heads up and decide Im gonna intercept and run them to the guns.About 30 to 45 mins later a few come running through and this guy calls out to clear the area to the base.I go over the hill nw of the base and theres no less than 30 of the mob in a circle with him fapping away to get them together.I tag em and run em to the guns on that la on the hill.Takes a full minute for the gun to kill them all.He asked why I ruined his work cause "people like when he does that"

Ok heres my Question.How do you feel about the pratice of people training herds of mobs into a base with no warning?
If the majority dislike this pratice I will send MA the screen shots and the text and see what they think about it.

This is not only acceptable, but a needed break from the typical monotany. The more mobs drug into a base the happier I am.

Last edited:
It's all good. No need to worry.:D

I did that sometimes and it was so much fun. :wtg:

The best thing i saw in luring mobs was faustiaan bringing a spider to the rig. I was speechless when i saw it running towards me.

It would be nice to disable PA turrets and bring a hurd a spiders there hahahahahaha. I would pissin my pants laughing.....

p.s Mr Kavorkian use an ESI on Sense of Humor skill maybe it helps

nothing wrong with it. dying is free ;)
if you saw this thing coming, you should have been taking ur armour off, not putting it on.

herding might become a proffession again now that the launchers have reached Calypso :)

:launcher:

It's one of the practices in EU that doesn't really bother me. Fun time sweating...

Now if it's a herd of spiders....:laugh:

I see it as a nice break , it wakes a sleepy town up:) Most people that frequent these towns know of the trains and the dangers they bring. There is alot of towns you cant run trains into , if your worried about your safety maybe do business in one of them

It's actually Hilarious.

If someone has managed to find one of the places where there is a gap between turrets into a major population centre (and there are a few), and then taken the time and effort to herd a huge mob-train together (and this aint easy, trust me..) then I say all power to 'em...

I've done it, and when I see it happen I actually $h!t my lips laughing...

My advice on the subject:

If you're herding you need to keep running back and around in a circle to let the slower ones catch up, or they lose interest. And avoid green dots along the way.. your train gets easily distracted...

If you're in a town when a mob-train comes thru you have 2 options...

Armour OFF, or Guns OUT :)

Large numbers of Mobs senselessly attacking cities is more than HALF of MA's events!;)

Interesting replies.Personaly I think it would be much more fun if it was known they were coming and everyone was armed to the teeth when they hit but Im going by what everyone else thinks on this.

Large numbers of Mobs senselessly attacking cities is more than HALF of MA's events!;)

Yea I was there for the feffs at fury.Just tp'ed into that mess with no warning but as the tp was covered by the gun,there was no danger.Just a laggy 90 seconds trying to get the hell OUT of there.:laugh:

Interesting replies.Personaly I think it would be much more fun if it was known they were coming and everyone was armed to the teeth when they hit but Im going by what everyone else thinks on this.

armed to the teeth? for corns?! really?:laugh:

Nah. The surprise is half the fun. I have been annoyed a couple of times, when out of the blue a buncha mobs come in and interrupt something I was working on, but, then I get over it

Remember one time Twin got overrun by mobs and it took a while to clean them out. I got one of my best globals from that.

As somebody has in the sig here: "...The chaos is part of the fun."

I like that.

I have done a fair share of mob running and once managed to get myself stuck at a revive due to it being a bit to close to where I died. Personally, I think if anything MA should disable turrets in all tps except twin and PA.

You still missing the fun part kevorkian. Use another ESI on humor skill asap.

Try it yourselve and just watch i know it is childish but that´s half the fun. And then you find out herding isn´t that easy it cost some time and controls and some decay also :wtg:.

Don´t discuss here anymore untill you dune it yourselves, DEAL MR Kevorkian?? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love it when people bring the mob trains into Port Atlantis (Look at all the OJ's run!) I tried to do one myself the other day, however they all drowned...

Took some massive decay on my armour though...

I think it's actually pretty funny, doesnt bother me at all :)

Mobtrains charging into a town wakes people up a bit and is all fun.
I only wish you could drag the train through a TP so you could give the CND controll room a good stir from time to time ;)

It's all good fun.

People that run big herds of mobs into town are wonderful :yay: They are the souls that bring a bit of randomness and light relief to the game :) The trick is to get the really big ones in :wtg:

It's thrilling when a train of a mob is behind a green dot on the radar and you see it coming straight for you... makes me laugh :laugh:

I had a train of tantillion outside Twins once, and like most, I ran like hell for the closest turret.

I died, many tantillion died, but the dozen or so that spilled down the hill into town really made my day. The chatspam changed in an instant, and all you could hear was "wtf?!?", "LOL", "roflmao" bzwing ratatatat *mreowr*, with traders, pilots and everyone suddenly stirred from the usual routine.

Excellent fun. Then there was that Diripi that buzzed Ithaca once....:laugh:

I think the mob herding is entertaining. Do I really care one way or another though? No.

Mobtrains charging into a town wakes people up a bit and is all fun.
I only wish you could drag the train through a TP so you could give the CND controll room a good stir from time to time ;)

It's all good fun.

Now that would be fun. Mall may not have alot of people but that would be funnier. CND needs to be attacked or overrun now.

DOOOOONT! I personaly think its alright to bring whatever you like to a base, but i hate to see the comunity bringing somebody down on his opinion. Dont just morph to blend with the rest!

I dont think anyone should be banned for this but i cant understand how so many find this funny :scratch:
So what to vote...?

I tp'd into Argus during this attack, and though it was funny. But as i always try to have ammo on me, i just pulled out the h400 and started shooting. The first one I looted was 37ped, so I didn't mind at all. And to be honest it lasted what 3 mins. Who ever trained the mobs im sure took alot more time and decay then we did to kill them all.

The way I look at it, ill spend my ped how i want to see (hunting, mining, or crafting) but if someone wants to spend ped and time rounding up 30 mobs for eveyone to meet at the tp so be it

SpikE

Like majority of everyone else i think its just fun :)

Its been the only time ive gained evade skills while crafting is when someone dragged a whole bunch of tants in the Nymphtown sc :D

i think its fine although it sometimes comes at an unfortunate moment....

eagle

Personally, I think it's dumb.

But I wouldn't want people banned for doing it.

I also tp'ed into Argus last night, and the first thing I see is 1000 cornu crashing through the main entrance... It was kind of fun actually.

But I also know how incredibly annoying this is when you're crafting. No big deal at Argus since the mobs are pretty low level, but how fun is it to have a Falx dragged into omegaton while doing some clicks? And then when you revive you get killed again? And again?

this is a terrible bahavoir !

how could you run all those mobs the poor guy gathered after much time, and even his lost decay
simply run to the turret !

i think all of those ppl who run hard gathered mobs to the turret should get banned !

nah, honestly

god, how did i hate those ppl who did that back in the days :D
so in the end
it just matters if you are the one who lures
or the one of those the mob is lured too :p

it is great fun having a mob train behind you ;)
from time to time i do that myself :p

partially it is simply fun to see the ppl running away, screaming, corn/armax behind them... :laugh:

yes it is rude to lure something to anyone when he is in a fight and busy with that mob (and as long that guy didn't killstealed my mob i would never do that)

but come on, even if you're sweating
the standard sweater gets around 300 sweat per hour
you can miss the 40 sweat you lose when youre overrun by a herd :p
you might get some evade skills even
not to mention the ppl at the revive

you are brought together, maybe you find your next friend there :D

or in other worth

Bring the ppl together and have fun doing it!
Lure mobs herd to them !!

Back