Question: Is "System" a very primitive AI ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Please note that the following post is framed in terms of mining not hunting and concerns mining only.

So this is a simple concept. Does "system" exhibit neural network (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_network) / reinforcement learning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement_learning) characteristics ?

How do we test for this, if "system" is essentially an "AI" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence) what would it's goals be ? What would it do in order to make sure that it's goals are met etc ?

So this has been bugging me for a while, after various interactions with "system" and monitoring the game's response, I think that reinforcement learning can be used against "system"

Allow me to explain. I can think of two obvious goals for system if it was an AI / reinforcement learning system.

1) Entertain the player in such a way that they are willing to spend peds inside Entropia Universe.
2) Ensure that the players remain engaged with the system for as long as possible.

My goals in this "game" so not match either of these proposed "system" goals as my goal it is simply to make as much ped as possible... So I have been testing "system" the following way.

1) Probe a unique set coordinate pair.
3) IF I receive no monetary reward, ie if I miss, I terminate my interaction with system and the game (ALT-F4). Returning to the game after a semi set period of time.
4) Head to the next coordinate pair that matches the unique set that it at least 55m away from the current coordinate pair.
5) Goto step 1 until probes have been depleted.
6) Recharge probes with profits of mining run and logoff.

This little procedure netted me a size 15 claim last night, and I will continue to test until I am so bored that I loose interest or peds, whichever one comes first.

I am theorizing that ideally the game factors goal 2 over goal 1 if the loot in the loot pool will allow it. I am also suspecting that I will have to spend more time in a "cool down" state before I will receive any sort of resource reward.

Can anyone think of any additions to add if my hypothesis is correct ?

It's working very well so far. Only problem is the lack of rare resources.

One day later and the diminishing returns are significant... a 60 to 85% hitrate has now been reduced to 25 to 50%, I will be decreasing the login frequency to once a day in order to not lose too much ped.

Trying to work out there algorithm ehh. Think you better check your privilege bud.

JK :p

One day later and the diminishing returns are significant... a 60 to 85% hitrate has now been reduced to 25 to 50%, I will be decreasing the login frequency to once a day in order to not lose too much ped.
I think it's based on how much money is in the system... Shocker I know.... :)

Hit rates are still crappy, perhaps players are preparing for the long weekend :)

In a nutshell.
I blame Ludwig, it's his fault.. The whales... they need to mine more and loose more peds, I want their juicy, juicy peds....

Is mining broken at the moment ? It's terrible..

maybe your system doesn't work?
That's the thing, it's doing exactly what it should be doing, and thanks to ManyFaces, I know how long to wait before it should respawn, if it does not, well lets just say that a longer respawn time would also suggest a low resource pool, which the 24 hour HOF board is also confirming.

if it does not, well lets just say that a longer respawn time would also suggest a low resource pool
"Could", not "would". There is also a multitude of other things that this could suggest. It could also mean absolutely nothing.

which the 24 hour HOF board is also confirming.
The 24 hour HOF board means absolutely nothing on its own. If you want to use it to deduce anything, you would have to look at several other things (many of which are outside of your reach)

I am assuming you are inferring that you can observe that there is low availability in the resource pool because the 24h HOF board is "low".

I can make an assumption of the exact opposite. "The 24h HOF board is indicating an abundance of resource availability because it hasn't been paying out much"

This assumption would be just as bad as your assumption because it does not take anything into account except how the HOF board is looking at the moment.

Take an unlikely but not impossible scenario; if someone at the time of writing this post hits a 75k mining HOF, how would that alter your view?

If it would change anything at all, you can be pretty certain that your assumptions are flawed in some way.

I can make an assumption of the exact opposite. "The 24h HOF board is indicating an abundance of resource availability because it hasn't been paying out much"
False, if that was the case, there would be multiple HOFs, because resources would be easily found as there would be an abundant level of resources in the pool...

False, if that was the case, there would be multiple HOFs, because resources would be easily found as there would be an abundant level of resources in the pool...

I have been trying to help guide you through your random ramblings and delusions, but seeing how you are not even reading posts in your threads, this ends now.

Good day!

The game follows the same predictable diminishing return pattern even when the hit rate improves...

i saw people like you in roulette systems.
now i will for the last time give you a free hint:
THE SYSTEM HAS AN EXPECTED PAYOUT OF LESS THAN UNIT
this means that it is not as relevant what you do but to gather the missing 2%
so... go to the zone SW of lake in Argus and Bomb
now on mayhem there is pyrite demand. you will gather 88--102 percent with swings and the 15% pyruite you find will pay (90*0.15) = 13% MU on the pool
alternatively go to RT Stadium, bomb for Alternative adn collect 9% mu that will save hyou, miss should be narcan
if most of players do this... it is the way to do.. no black magic.. just math

i saw people like you in roulette systems.
now i will for the last time give you a free hint:
THE SYSTEM HAS AN EXPECTED PAYOUT OF LESS THAN UNIT
this means that it is not as relevant what you do but to gather the missing 2%
so... go to the zone SW of lake in Argus and Bomb
now on mayhem there is pyrite demand. you will gather 88--102 percent with swings and the 15% pyruite you find will pay (90*0.15) = 13% MU on the pool
alternatively go to RT Stadium, bomb for Alternative adn collect 9% mu that will save hyou, miss should be narcan
if most of players do this... it is the way to do.. no black magic.. just math
3 globals over the weekend.... Using math, not black magic.. They were lyst and oil (yuck) but they were globals..

Strangely the placement of the the claims were in "veins" not that I am saying that veins are back, but I do not think that they ever left.

round(coord/(radius*2),0)*(radius*2)

I wonder if I can find veins at 64m spacing?

"There is no personal loot pool."
He doesn't need a personal loot pool for this to work, and it is an exciting test to try out for giggles as it can be used to your advantage or, in other words, exploit the mining loot system against itself. Even though this is not the style of mining I opted for.

A high hit rate is not indicative of higher TT returns. As the hit rate increases, their size/value does/can decrease. However, I use the "hit rate" as an "indicator" for when a "global" is about to be paid out by the system and usually help it to drop a multiplier with success, as seen below in the log.
Is mining broken at the moment ? It's terrible..
Just turning into 10/04/23, I had a lousy day mining and lost about 200-230 ped in TT. Later that evening, as I continued dropping, I hit this multiplier [Globals]: Mark Rufen Power found a deposit (Energized Crystal) with a value of 218 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!
The game follows the same predictable diminishing return pattern even when the hit rate improves...
Here is the data from my mining log,
TT IN: 26,695.69TT OUT: 28,015.33TT RETURNED: 1,319.64TT %: 104.94%
So as you can see from the sample above, I am using this technique quite successfully. This is my version of veins. Once the multiplier drops, I extract and take a break, resume at a later time/date, and repeat the process as needed. Sadly, I can't go into more detail on how this is performed for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
There are various ways to approach how this system works and I will be opening a thread in order to discuss it, this will include the dreaded random number generator and how it can factor in.

There are various ways to approach how this system works and I will be opening a thread in order to discuss it, this will include the dreaded random number generator and how it can factor in.
Woohoo!!! I can’t wait <3

Believing in a system to make it work and having a system that you know how it work is really not the same thing.

A man once explain to a christian that praying based on the bible is not the only source. The christian is infuriated and remind that poor soul that he's gonna end in hell for believing that anyone other than god from the bible could respond to a prayer.

Confused by the christian statement, the man attempt to explain his process to the christian in hope to retain some credibility.
The man decide to put a jug of milk on the counter and make a prayer to if for money because he his poor. The christian get infuriated and leave the place screaming that the man is doing blasphemy!

2 months later the Christian cross the other man in the street and feel bad about the rash behavio Feel maybe trying again at illumination would work and be the christian thing to do. So the christian head to the man and ask him "Im sorry about the other day, I still would like to show you the way!". The man replied, "There is no worry! It worked! I got a check for money I wasnt expecting! Im going back to my jug to pray for more money!!!!"

Story has it that the man is now rich and still pray to the jug of milk to this day.

Believing in a system to make it work and having a system that you know how it work is really not the same thing.

A man once explain to a christian that praying based on the bible is not the only source. The christian is infuriated and remind that poor soul that he's gonna end in hell for believing that anyone other than god from the bible could respond to a prayer.

Confused by the christian statement, the man attempt to explain his process to the christian in hope to retain some credibility.
The man decide to put a jug of milk on the counter and make a prayer to if for money because he his poor. The christian get infuriated and leave the place screaming that the man is doing blasphemy!

2 months later the Christian cross the other man in the street and feel bad about the rash behavio Feel maybe trying again at illumination would work and be the christian thing to do. So the christian head to the man and ask him "Im sorry about the other day, I still would like to show you the way!". The man replied, "There is no worry! It worked! I got a check for money I wasnt expecting! Im going back to my jug to pray for more money!!!!"

Story has it that the man is now rich and still pray to the jug of milk to this day.
True, I need to have evidence to back up what I am saying. And seeing as I now have my new graphics card, I can make screenshots that are not in safe mode.. YEA... I have screenshots showing the sheet on the left and the result on the right..

It does not work every time and you have to do a bit of work to calibrate it when the game changes, but I think there is a pattern to it..

More tries, screenshots to come..

I just realized that I will have to blank out some details on the pictures.... Namely the factors that I am using.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zd3VJAp7EGzrH-ClO78v0X-fBrQog2qi/view?usp=sharing Please don't try and use the factors in the pic, they don't work..

Think of the factors as temporary passwords / cryptographic keys that can be derived from something ingame..

Factor 110

Last edited:
Back