Is there sometimes an ammo change bug?

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
I've experienced the following many times which is annoying to say the least. I'm battling with some mob and suddenly I get the message saying I've run out of laser ammo, so I quickly hit the key for a BLP gun only to be told yet again I don't have sufficient ammo even though I know for certain that I have enough of it in PI. So wondering WTF is going on, I then go into my PI so as to convert shrapnel to weapon cells. During all this time I can't o.c fight back and so often end up at the nearest revive terminal. I then check the same BLP gun again, and this time BLP ammo is showing as normal.

So why was I told that I didn't have enough ammo when I switched to the BLP gun from the laser one?

Wonder if it's something like you need to combine your stacks or something? But even so it sounds odd and not something you shouldn't have to worry about.

Only thing I can suggest is that next time it happens you should:

1. select the chat you see the message
2. Press the key to print the time
3. press the key to print the location
4. take a screen shot of message with the 2 extra bits of info from above and showing what weapon you have selected
5. take a screenshot of the weapons/ammo part of your inventory, also the stats of the weapon to shot it uses that sort of ammo
6. send to MA claiming you think you may have uncovered something you think may be linked to an exploit*
7. wait a month to receive no useful reply
8. Go find an MA rep in game and tell them about it
9. give up ;-)

Wistrel

* chances are no one will bother unless you imply it may be linked to an exploit.

I thought it was maybe an ammo stack issue as well, but checking PI always told me that the different ammo types were stacked as normal. I think I'll go for option 9 and give up on the idea of complaining to MA about it, after all it doesn't happen all the time but still annoying when it does.

Back