Isn't it about the time to update the name of our ingame currency ?

Aandar

Prowler
Maybe it should be changed from PED Project Entropia Dollar to EUD or EU$ ?
We veterans got used to it, but sometimes newbies are confused and ask questions like:
"What does the PE in PED stand for ? Oh ! Project Entropia ? I thought i downloaded Entropia Universe... so what is the deal with the name change ? Kinda SHADY !".
:D

We veterans got used to it, but sometimes newbies are confused and ask questions like:
"What does the PE in PED stand for ? Oh ! Project Entropia ? I thought i downloaded Entropia Universe... so what is the deal with the name change ? Kinda SHADY !".

No joke, but i would more like to get back PE :)

I prefer PED.
It's just a better name.

And it's nice that EU has a history. It also gives you an opportunity to educate the new arrivals. ;)

If changing the name at all (something I do not feel is needed tbh), I'd rather see it be named simply ED (Entropia Dollar) rather than EUD.

but i like peds :cry:
please dont change the name!

the word PED reminds me of the word PEZ, which is of course yummy candy that comes in a nifty bobble head dispenser thing...candy and toys!

I vote for PEUP: Project Entropia Universe Pennies. I'd love to loot warm, steamy piles of PEUP.

Since Project Entropia Dollar is a registered trademark, it’s not just an act of re-naming. There would be quite some cost involved, legally, establishing a new trademark. Plus, you’re giving up on a well-established brand name. So... :dunno:

I don't think it's shady at all. If they're curious about why it's called "Project", then explain it to them... they'll learn some history of the game. PED is fine. Changing it to "EU" anything is confusing, since it makes it look like it's associated with the European Union.

Keep the PED!!

Entropia world wide wealth...

Ewww...

:smoke:

EUD could be read as EUropean Dollar. :silly2:

Voting for ED or any sci-fi name, like Zaklub or Otrax!

....it must remain intact! Project Entropia cannot be forgotten ! PED's is one of last things that remind us how cool it was some time ago.

Much better kept as PED imo.

Good idea and also verry true...but its the only thing that has left from good ol` Project Entropia :rolleyes:

makes sense, but "PED" just rolls off the tongue so nicely! :yup:

I like peds!! but I would take pez any day!! :yay:

do they really? why would they even question it since its used ubiquitously as a noun in its own right?

why change just because of a vauge and semi-forgotten history? the £ is called the pound due to once being a pound of silver (it was also 255 pennies... now only 100..whats the deal with the change? kinda shady?). and how about the dollar itself, look it up its derived from a german word for valley from where a silver mine and mint was once created, the term adopted because it was the name of spanish silver coins available at the time of independance. its not silver or spanish any more, why the change, kinda shady... :laugh:

do they really? why would they even question it since its used ubiquitously as a noun in its own right?

why change just because of a vauge and semi-forgotten history? the £ is called the pound due to once being a pound of silver (it was also 255 pennies... now only 100..whats the deal with the change? kinda shady?). and how about the dollar itself, look it up its derived from a german word for valley from where a silver mine and mint was once created, the term adopted because it was the name of spanish silver coins available at the time of independance. its not silver or spanish any more, why the change, kinda shady... :laugh:

Well the USD is still United States Dollar not New England Dollar... NED would sound much cooler than USD though lol ! :D

Let's rename it GED (George's Entropia Dollar) :D

Note this is a cunning plan to keep it as PED because now you can all start on how it should be renamed after your names:

Jimmy B = JED
Aridash = AED
Lange = LED
Nor Alien = NED
Tycoon = TED
BestGamer = BED

Chrome = CED
xwandererx = XED

etc etc etc

Obviously then we will have no choice but to keep it as PED :)

Last edited:
I'm just gonna say that, it's just fine as it is.
A bit of nostalgia to old-timers.
Everyone's used to it.
If Newcomers are interested in the meaning, there's a good time for you to teach 'em some history of the place ^^

Note this is a cunning plan to keep it as PED because now you can all start on how it should be renamed after your names:

Jimmy B = JED
Aridash = AED
Lange = LED
Nor Alien = NED
Tycoon = TED
BestGamer = BED
Dusk = DED
Chrome = CED
xwandererx = XED

etc etc etc

I agree with this absolutely excellent observation.. Maybe because my name was listed.. or I like the ring of NED!! :yay:

Jimmy B = JED
Aridash = AED
Lange = LED
Nor Alien = NED
Tycoon = TED
BestGamer = BED
Dusk = DED
Chrome = CED
xwandererx = XED

etc etc etc

We should have all of them, there can be an exchange rate and everything. I'll be wanting at least 3 of your puny GEDs for each of my JED!

Last edited:
Well the USD is still United States Dollar not New England Dollar... NED would sound much cooler than USD though lol ! :D

How long until people started calling the 1NED "a Flanders" after Ned Flanders from Simpsons? :silly2:

since it comes from player depos, and we keep it on a card, how about...

Dollars Of Universal Card Holding Entropians

long name, maybe needs an abbreviation? :dunno:

Jimmy B = JED
Aridash = AED
Lange = LED
Nor Alien = NED
Tycoon = TED
BestGamer = BED
Dusk = DED
Chrome = CED
xwandererx = XED

etc etc etc

why not call it Dusk Entropia Account Dollar = DEAD

sorry dusk...:)

Since they can be extracted from the ped-card, and become the portable coins they really are, I would prefer something like 'Portable Economic Entity'.

Back