Help: Issues with 9.3.4

Dazza

Provider
Society
Emperor's of Darkness
Azaris Dazza Nerosa
Ok, here it goes -

I open up the client loader, press I accept, and up comes the update screen. About 10 seconds later, "An error occured when trying to download a file" "File: Entropia.exe" Reason: (12029).

It could have been that it was busy last night, but this morning, I seriously see no reason why it should be busy..

Anyways, I thought, I'd reinstall it. I go to entropiauniverse.com, try downloading the client, and get a dead link?

Anyways, if anyone can help me get this sorted soon, it'd be good (need my EU fix before uni lol)

Regards with thanks in advance,

Dazz.

I have two issues so far.

1. I am noob and died in the Eviscerator spot.
2. Still haven't looted Jag.

lol, yah, something along those lines Oleg :D

The issue I'm having is with the client loader itself - can't even download the new update :confused:

Good luck on your search for Jag! :silly2:

standard questions

are your firewalls off?
have you tried restarting computer?
have you waved the magic troll over the computer and asked nicely?

lol . . . sorry Dazza, do hope you get it downloaded and I see you ingame!!

big hugs

jewels

;>

standard questions

are your firewalls off?
have you tried restarting computer?
have you waved the magic troll over the computer and asked nicely?

lol . . . sorry Dazza, do hope you get it downloaded and I see you ingame!!

big hugs

jewels

;>

Hehe, answers to q's..

yes
yes
and yes - little bastard ran away from me 2 times though..

Hmm, may have to wait a while, then try again - although I doubt that servers are that packed :scratch2:

See ya soon Jewels,

tc, gl! :yay:

no answer yet . . . so here is a bump!!!

trollcompwiz.jpg

Don't quite understand it . . . but since I put the troll on the fileserver the processor has increased efficiency by 110%

Don't quite understand it . . . but since I put the troll on the fileserver the processor has increased efficiency by 110%[/QUOTE]

Lol, seems to work sometimes :D

Hmm, gonna try get the installer from my external hard drive, see if that works... *crosses fingers

Thanks for the bump Jewels :yay:​

Not sure if this is your problem, but I am on a new laptop with Vista 64bit...
In order to get the new download, I had to set the CLDLLPatcher. exe, ClientLoader.exe and Entropia.exe files to run in Windows XP compatible mode AND set them to run as administrator.

Hope this helps.

Ok, here it goes -

I open up the client loader, press I accept, and up comes the update screen. About 10 seconds later, "An error occured when trying to download a file" "File: Entropia.exe" Reason: (12029).

It could have been that it was busy last night, but this morning, I seriously see no reason why it should be busy..

Anyways, I thought, I'd reinstall it. I go to entropiauniverse.com, try downloading the client, and get a dead link?

Anyways, if anyone can help me get this sorted soon, it'd be good (need my EU fix before uni lol)

Regards with thanks in advance,

Dazz.

I had the exact same problem, with Vista Home.

To get around it, I went to entropiauniverse.com and clicked the "download software" button. After the installer downloaded, I ran it. It downloaded something (not the 9.3.4 release), then when I launched EU again, the 9.3.4 update downloaded normally.

I have no idea why it worked this way, but I'm just glad I could play again.

In order to get the new download, I had to set the CLDLLPatcher. exe, ClientLoader.exe and Entropia.exe files to run in Windows XP compatible mode AND set them to run as administrator.

Hope this helps.

This laptop had vista on it, but I killed of vista and am running xp SP 2 on it again..

Just easier with older programs, not having to set to "run in xp compatible..."

Thanks for the tip, might help a lot of people who may have that problem :)

My entire family is getting failed to find file Validfiles9.3.4.ark
it stops quarter way through downloading and sits there
I've reinstalled entropia and it still doesn't work.

make sure vitsa runs as admin apart from that support case may take like 8 hours but Ma wil let ya know the problem.

i have a vista pc but no tryed update on it yet best of luck.

GAMBLE

info

My external HDD didn't work - so I got my friend to send ONLY his CLDLLPatcher - guess what?

It works! Maybe an issue with the CLDLLPatcher on my laptop - but im not complaining now - downloading update! :yay::yay::yay:

Anywho, if anyone has the same issue, get a friend (trusted, ofc) to send you the CLDLLPatcher.exe!

Thanks, see you all ingame! :yay::yay:

Dazz

My external HDD didn't work - so I got my friend to send ONLY his CLDLLPatcher - guess what?

It works! Maybe an issue with the CLDLLPatcher on my laptop - but im not complaining now - downloading update! :yay::yay::yay:

Anywho, if anyone has the same issue, get a friend (trusted, ofc) to send you the CLDLLPatcher.exe!

Thanks, see you all ingame! :yay::yay:

Dazz

nice to see it worked :) but this isint best option for alota player's im sure there is something MA will do to fix for those who support case it :)

Hope this helps.

I had this problem. That fixed it. Thanks, I never would have figured that out myself!

My entire family is getting failed to find file Validfiles9.3.4.ark
it stops quarter way through downloading and sits there
I've reinstalled entropia and it still doesn't work.

Reinstalled as in redownloaded, or from an old copy? Maybe delete random files, or d/load the installer (with EU files still on your HD) and see if that works (if the above is the case).

If you are getting problems on a cold install, maybe a firewall issue. Try router reset (or a simple disconnect, connect) if firewall is off and still not wokring. If none else works... contact MA :O

Reinstalled as in redownloaded, or from an old copy? Maybe delete random files, or d/load the installer (with EU files still on your HD) and see if that works (if the above is the case).

If you are getting problems on a cold install, maybe a firewall issue. Try router reset (or a simple disconnect, connect) if firewall is off and still not wokring. If none else works... contact MA :O

well tryed all that redownloaded the entire thing all day..

disabled virus scanner and every firewall even in the routers no go

Then i start comparing files to others and i found that in the data directory there is a file Data config with these two lines:

[Export]
Version=9030400

my friend had

[Export]
Version=9030401

I changed the 0 to a 1 on the end and it worked??

hmmmm.... atleast I can play now and I told support about it so maybe if it happens with others they can fix it.

Then i start comparing files to others and i found that in the data directory there is a file Data config with these two lines:

[Export]
Version=9030400

my friend had

[Export]
Version=9030401

I changed the 0 to a 1 on the end and it worked??

hmmmm.... atleast I can play now and I told support about it so maybe if it happens with others they can fix it.

This little tidbit of information just saved me from having to open a support case - darn CL always downloading the patch because the file had wrong verion info. Apparently there is a permissions problem of some sort ....

:scratch2:

Anyway, made the above change to the file and viola, no more download the patch every time I started up!!

+rep for this extra helpful post :)

:yay::yay::yay:

Kinda unrelated, sorry, But is anyone else able to logg into the game???

I just made a large deposit and then i go to the luancher, wait 10 miniutes for it to download, then when i enter my name and password, it says game currently unavailable for soem reason or another and to check the news..

So I check the news on the main site and theres no info about why the games down...

is anyone else having this problem?

I thought that since i downloaded the update, the game would be running again !?!?!

:(

-Dalorian

Kinda unrelated, sorry, But is anyone else able to logg into the game???

I just made a large deposit and then i go to the luancher, wait 10 miniutes for it to download, then when i enter my name and password, it says game currently unavailable for soem reason or another and to check the news..

So I check the news on the main site and theres no info about why the games down...

is anyone else having this problem?

I thought that since i downloaded the update, the game would be running again !?!?!

:(

-Dalorian

Sounds like a problem w/ the internet DNS servers possibly. Try it again after a while and it should work out fine for you. Sometimes there are issues like that. Otherwise may need to reinstall EU

Ill try again tomorrow, i waited and tried for over 3 hours and still isnt working..

Sounds like a problem w/ the internet DNS servers possibly. Try it again after a while and it should work out fine for you. Sometimes there are issues like that. Otherwise may need to reinstall EU

Well its the next day and Im having the same problem.. My DNS server all checks out, and all my other games work perfectly, its just entropia. The game worked fine hours before the new update...

I sent in a support case, because im sick of being stuck outside while all my money is just sitting there doing nothing GRRRRRR!!!! :confused:

Ill only re-install the game as a last resort...

EDIT:

Well ive completly re-installed the game and the problem is still exactly the same... Does anyone have any sugjestions? This is pissing me off now LOL... :(

Last edited:
I had this same issue once mate - have you tried going into the root directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\MindArk\Entropia Universe\..) and tried opening the Entropia.exe file? Skips the client loader all together, for some reason I think it screws up the login.

It worked after I skipped the CL, and just went and ran Entropia.exe

GL mate!

Using vista then dounloud the intaller to start it al

every time i want to start EU i have to press on the installer or else EU does jack shit :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I still can´t get the CL to load unless I run it as administrator. WhenI do it works but the strangest thing is that then my scrollwheelbutton doesn´t work. But it works if I execute "entropia.exe" from the install folder.

Doing that the resolution is screwed but then I found a thread on how to get EU in windowed mode if running 1024*768. It is in a sticky thread but I´m not bothered to search for it. I think it was Tzepu who suggested the one I´m now using.

I used those command lines and now EU runs perfectly, except I never see the CL window.

The command line is the following:
"X:\Install_folder\MindArk\Entropia Universe\Entropia.exe" -col32 -dw -w1440 -h900 -bw1500 -v0 -k1 -r4 -a0

-W means screen width and -H means screenheight

Well after everything i tried, It turns out that for some reason, my firewall setting no longer allowed theg ame to proceed when I launhed it...

What I had to do was go in and delete all my firewall settings then manually block or allow them as my firewall program poped up to ask me "Allow" or "Block"..

Now I can logg in again. :yay:

Well after everything i tried, It turns out that for some reason, my firewall setting no longer allowed theg ame to proceed when I launhed it...

What I had to do was go in and delete all my firewall settings then manually block or allow them as my firewall program poped up to ask me "Allow" or "Block"..

Now I can logg in again. :yay:

So.. it was along the lines of what I was thinking, I just didn't think about ur firewall... good call tho finding it. I'd of not thought it was somehow blocked or changed, tho i have had the same issue before and it was a DNS issue. Glad you got it up again.

if you are a vista user, you have to run it as admin... else it wont update your client.

How it worked...

I had the same problem and I'm running XP. This is how it worked...
I started the tiny entropia installer and it did something in parts of the second cuz I couldn't see what it did... then it was done and had a tick "run entropia universe" I let it stay there and clicked finish, then it started downloading the update and I logged in fine. It didn't even ask for a directory, just made a shortcut to my current client loader on the desktop.

Back