Items Stolen

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I was looking at another post of a wooden deck placed outside of a Condo on the outside deck by another player and his question was "How long will it last" I thought that I would do the same. I must admit that his was very nice and looked great. Mine on the other hand was much smaller. Mine lasted about 3 weeks before it was gone. The worth was less than 1 PED. Kind of like stealing one piece of bubble gum. Funny.

I couldn't find the other post and I wonder if he still has his deck.

LOL it is funny but so sad :D

Its not stealing..

Its not stealing..

Why do you say that? Is it because I am stupid for putting it there? In RL would you walk on to someones yard and take the lawn funiture because it was not gaurded?

Why do you say that? Is it because I am stupid for putting it there? In RL would you walk on to someones yard and take the lawn funiture because it was not gaurded?

In RL you dont get a message telling you that anything you drop can be picked up by anyone else.

In RL you dont get a message telling you that anything you drop can be picked up by anyone else.

no because in RL that is quite obvious :rolleyes:

So because it tells you then it is OK to take someone elses property, correct? I am glad I did this as it shows that some people that have no respect for others property. I would feel differently if the boards were placed in an open area like around a TP or in the middle of nowhere, hopefully most people can see the difference. Sorry for the slam but I would not go to someone elses condo and take things from their patio.

The touble is, the patio areas ARE public areas, thats why ya get the message about dropping items. MA should make them private too, but in the mean time there is no use whining about people 'stealing' because they are not, they are simply taking advantage of a 'feature'.

If you drop an item in a public area, expect it to be taken...

So, if you find a dime on the street and pick it up, you're stealing items too?

Weird world. :scratch2:

Lol I find that funny too true :laugh:

That message by the way warns the item's owner of what their doing.
So, if you find a dime on the street and pick it up, you're stealing items too?

Weird world. :scratch2:

I don't think it is stealing. I pick up a dime off the ground if i see it. What is someone suppose to do wait for the owner to come back :silly2: ...Right now if i see it drop out the owners pocket of course I will say, "hey you dropped this."

lol thats because lawn is ur property, try placing the lawn furniture on the pavement next the the lawn... In EU, the area around the house does not belong to u unless it specifies it is.

However, i frown upon ppl who tempt others into doing crime. Baiting, in other words...

In RL would you walk on to someones yard and take the lawn funiture because it was not gaurded?

Well someone stole my garden hose from my back garden which is surrounded by a 8 foot high fence and my neighbours 3 seater wooden bench which takes two people to even lift disappeared overnight, I've the same type before you ask as to why I know it takes two people to lift it, mine is now bolted to the ground. I even caught some kids unscrewing the latch from my gate! I live in a great neighbourhood. :yay:

Spikeblack,

May I make a suggestion?

Landmines.......

:)

I give you a neg rep for your thread, you lured me into this threat assuming that your items were stolen and you mischiefed me

I dont like that

It's just like real world...

In the real world, patios and decks are usually considered communal property. That's why landlords throw a fit if you put up a satellite dish on one... but legally, at least in the US they shouldn't be able to steal your dishes out there due to OTARD... but that's a whole different story.

personally i think taking something from someones property is theft...however,i have taken to re-arranging ppl's garden gnomes in a comical manner,,and once uprooted a potatoe from a vegitable garden,and rammed it up the tail pipe of there 'sit on' lawn mower,after a drunken night out with some buddies...later that morning i awoke in a puddle of what may have been someone elses vomit,on the floor of my next door neighbours garden shed,and i smelt slightly of 2 stroke engine oil and compost...im pretty sure it wasnt my vomit because it contained,amongst other things,the contents of a doner kebab;and i never eat doner kebabs as they make me very ill....anyhoo,ltr that day,i decide to go out into my garden to get some fresh air and mow the lawn;and hadnt noticed at 1st that some drunken scum bag had re-arranged my garden gnomes in a comical manner... 'not to worry' i thought ' i often do the same myself',as i started up my trusty 2 stroke 'sit on' lawn mower....there was a god almighty 'KABANG!',and i turned around just in time to see a flaming potatoe smash through my kitchen window,hitting my auntie Morag in the head...thankfully she was beside the sink at the time and managed to extinguish her smoldering hair amongst that mornings dirty dishes...and i remember thinking how ironic the flaming potatoe backfire was..as i often did the same thing myself....so the moral of the story is : never do anything to anyone you wouldnt want done to yourself..sometimes they may have a bizarre imagination like your own :eek: .....and a potatoe..

Last edited:
I give you a neg rep for your thread, you lured me into this threat assuming that your items were stolen and you mischiefed me

I dont like that

You wasted more of your life writing that post and sending a neg rep than you did by clicking on the thread and finding that it wasn't what you expected it to be.

I would say "Items stolen" is a pretty reasonable title for a thread about items being stolen.

So you can have a -rep yourself for being a miserable git.

And I bet 1 million PEDs I get a counter -rep with a message along the lines of "fk u"

(as in your pm)
Well you call it miserable, I call it bs posts.
Just tell me what the tread is about and don't lure me in the post with some lie
I am aware of my reaction, it is fierce and probably way out of proportion. At least I hope he among others maybe learned to post a proper title for their threads.

Forums take an awful lot of time to read, make it clear so people see what they want to see. If there are too many of those deceiving threads, checking the forum won't be fun at all anymore because you cannot choose your topics anymore, other do that for you.
Thats why I react like that ;x

better share your vision then yell aye, we could learn from each other ^^

Dudes, amazing, don't you have something better to do? Ppl are cheap, doh. It doesn't even matters if it is or not "stealing" as in dictionary. Political correctness breeds idiocy.

I live in a PVP zone so that it will police itself in many instances. You steal, you could get shot. Not worth the risk to most people.

please leave valuables on your patios , if after 3.5 years no one has learned , then the lessons will be retaught ,, just pm me your leaving expensive stuff out , so it at least goes to a good cause LOL

I guess I am old fashioned but if you take something that does belong to your from someone else's property (I call my patio "My Patio") then it is stealing, if you take property that is in the street, loby or whereever I don't think that is stealing. If you read something and bitch at the writer because it wasn't what you expected that is dumb.
PS I didn't give out any -reps

Apparently anything goes - WooHoo

(as in your pm)
Well you call it miserable, I call it bs posts.
Just tell me what the tread is about and don't lure me in the post with some lie
I am aware of my reaction, it is fierce and probably way out of proportion. At least I hope he among others maybe learned to post a proper title for their threads.
^^

Interesting opinion, but what title would you suggest? Seems pretty self-explanatory to me, and accurate. neg rep to you for just being contrary.

I think it's a valid debate. Just because the game allows a behavior doesn't make exhibiting the behavior good character. Just like RL, actions speak volumes.

Now, excuse me... I have an important engagement at Atlas Haven emote spamming and mob training Muahahahahahhaha....

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

Bill Gates does, he must be, there is no other explanation... :D

911, emergency services, how can i help you sir?
Uhh... i've had my wallet stolen, i knew it was a public zone but heh... was doing a test to see if it got stolen or not... so i dumped it on the ground despite all the security warnings and advice we get from security authorities everyday around the media...
Dooh...

:eek:

This thread kinda reminded me of something...

It's the world we live in... it's dynamic...:wtg:

The only thing you do here is some sort of hidden camera show..

Its like you put a quarter on the edge of your garden, stand behind a a hedge with a camera.
And the kid that takes it gets some verbal abuse from you for beeing a thief and all.

Altough in this case the fukking bords arnt even on your property otherwise noone would be able to take the stupid stuff.

I really get frustrated by this shite threads, some goes for all the spaceship ettiquete, and the other how should you behave threads.

People will always disagree and we are just batting a dead horse here...

Back