It's raining items it's time to act now MA

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
Do you wish to destroy the economy? Because that's what going to happen at this rate, the amount of items being released through vendor because everyone has way too many tokens is just insane.

You grind for being able to take out vendor gun, then sell it for a profit this continuous cycle where high dps players with big bankroll can get 50k+ mayhem tokens per mayhem makes it so it's way too easy to take out items, for those who are actually able to loot rare tokens though.

I believe in order to give the economy more time until you guys can figure out a better solution you should make so that every item you take from the vendor will cost you significantly more than previous one (like 50%+ more mayhem tokens and 1 extra rare token every time), but it will reset for you, to the original price after a year. This should help prevent people from taking out the best items all the time, and allow those that wants to get the best item a higher chance of getting them, there should also be a cooldown. You shouldn't be able to take multiple items out within 24h, again to allow others who actually need the items to get them.

Such minuscule raise ya did on mayhem vendor prices does nothing to stop people from getting the weapons as you can see from rare item hof list (by the way fix Perfected Electric 15 chip, it's still not rare item hof).

If you feel its fine to destroy the economy this way and destroy player trust in their investment be my guest.

Also I forget to check my privilege. Just felt compelled to give you my two pecs.

Im really not following here.

I may be missing part of the point or totaly out of my track here but did you just say something that sound a bit like.

"Let's raise the price in mayhem token so only those who farm so much that they already got one can farm another"

Is that what your saying ? Cause those who really need it could use that extra bump in token.

Not really into devs micromanaging player decisions like this with long cooldowns/price scaling/quantity limits. The 24-hour cooldown idea isn't quite as philosophically objectionable. Both seem apt to attract alts and alt drama.

Or just introduce new, higher level items that cost ALOT of tokens, few exampels.
Mayhem LR-200 Modified for 200 000 + 6 rare
Mayhem LP-300 Adjusted for 300 000 + 8 rare
Mayhem BP-400 Perfected for 450 000 + 12 rare

The fix is so easy, just throw in crazy high level items with crazy high prices in tokens and those level 200-400 players will need to grind like crazy to reach them.

There could also be an options to convert regular tokens to rare for those who are unlucky with rares, lets say 100k tokens can be converted in to 1 rare.

Players selling vendor weapons for nice sums is not something MA profits from, but if those weapons become cheap for everyone to buy then more people will shoot them hence MA would profit way more in my opinion that way. So, yes I would agree with you and say they are trying to fuck things up intentionally, but only because they want more people shooting. 🤑🤑🤑🤣🤣🤣

Acquiring mayhem tokens comes with a cost. That's not going anywhere and hasn't changed.

Choosing to: use enhancers, shoot after completing redulite, shoot without a daily mission active, or otherwise shooting while paying excessive amounts of markup - is again - a choice.

The cost of weapons has always been heavily influenced by the "cost per token" being associated with all of the variables I posted above set to true. And has been maintained due to seldom restocking.

This is a self-correcting issue where eventually people won't just be randomly pulling items without having a buyer lined up and probably at a price point set to around the cost of acquiring said item rather than for massive markup..

I highly doubt MA's intent with the revamp was for people with the biggest weapons to just be pulling everything and deny 99.5% of the population the ability to make gear progression without paying inflated prices (don't forget that MA makes more money if more people are cycling with bigger weapons).

More people will end up engaging with mayhem if they know they can play affordably and not have to bankrupt themselves to have a chance at getting an item before it is sold out.

I would argue that the real "check your privilege" moment comes when Player A and Player B have both spent x amount of money on acquiring said tokens and Player B is told that they are unworthy of redeeming their tokens because they weren't able to acquire them fast enough due to not account sharing, playing 24/7, or already having the biggest weapon in the game to grind with.

I understand the OP sentiment but the new mayhem system (and its dependency on being restocked) is more of a way to create trust rather than destroy it. It is literally a system that allows for "spend X ped for tokens and get Y value." People paying 500% the cost of acquiring an item is a personal problem not a MA one.

Rising some items with only 10% was a mistake if u ask me but raising 50% more i also think can be negative on players motivation. Then we had Christmas for 40 days that was just crazy long.

Also prices were insane high when the format changed and slowly we reach the prices before the change.

Mayhem LR-200 Modified for 200 000 + 6 rare
Mayhem LP-300 Adjusted for 300 000 + 8 rare
Mayhem BP-400 Perfected for 450 000 + 12 rare

The fix is so easy, just throw in crazy high level items with crazy high prices in tokens and those level 200-400 players will need to grind like crazy to reach them.
Top hunters already running 24/7 during mayhem, how more crazy they can go?
But i agree those prices would make them claiming gun every 3-4 mayhem instead of every 2nd.

Do you wish to destroy the economy? Because that's what going to happen at this rate, the amount of items being released through vendor because everyone has way too many tokens is just insane.

You grind for being able to take out vendor gun, then sell it for a profit this continuous cycle where high dps players with big bankroll can get 50k+ mayhem tokens per mayhem makes it so it's way too easy to take out items, for those who are actually able to loot rare tokens though.

I believe in order to give the economy more time until you guys can figure out a better solution you should make so that every item you take from the vendor will cost you significantly more than previous one (like 50%+ more mayhem tokens and 1 extra rare token every time), but it will reset for you, to the original price after a year. This should help prevent people from taking out the best items all the time, and allow those that wants to get the best item a higher chance of getting them, there should also be a cooldown. You shouldn't be able to take multiple items out within 24h, again to allow others who actually need the items to get them.

Such minuscule raise ya did on mayhem vendor prices does nothing to stop people from getting the weapons as you can see from rare item hof list (by the way fix Perfected Electric 15 chip, it's still not rare item hof).

If you feel its fine to destroy the economy this way and destroy player trust in their investment be my guest.

Also I forget to check my privilege. Just felt compelled to give you my two pecs.

There is no problem with LP40 goes back to 30k and LP100 goes back to 60k.

no where near enough drops in my humble opinion... MA does not live of player markup and as a player who has been here almost 20 years I still refuse to pay thousands of dollars in order to have a competitive gun ... So keep them coming, I am still in the market to buy a decent rifle :)

Top hunters already running 24/7 during mayhem, how more crazy they can go?
But i agree those prices would make them claiming gun every 3-4 mayhem instead of every 2nd.
Of course more challenging game play is need also so the crazy high level guns is needed for something.
I think it is very important in a game like this that you never can reach a point were there is nothing more to strive for, that is the case for more and more people now.

More Items will drop and should drop. I see no problem with prices going back to pre-covid. It does not make sense to have majority of good guns at 100-200k. If you bought a weapon for a stupid price and did not make that money back it's on you. It should not come as a shock to anyone that prices go down when you use your gun to "produce" new weapons.
Around 40-45 end game weapons have dropped/pulled since TWEN started the effect of this have not hit the market in full yet. Prices will continue down as more items drop and that's a good thing for Entropia. Keep it up MA!

Last edited:
You have this backwards sir. Yes a lot of items are flooding the market right now but as a result tier comp prices have shot through the roof. Tier 3 comps were about 350% a few weeks ago now over 1000%. Why? Because those super weapons will need to be tiered which will impact the cost of the item.

It's insane that there is now a player who has pulled TWO mod nano blades in 15 months while most players struggle for years to get to 80-100k tokens.

While you made some great suggestions reality is the biggest issue has been the horrible pricing. They have finally required a good number of rare tokens in line with the value and usefulness of the items. If you really want to solve the problem just make everything in the vendor have a quantity greater than 1,000 always available. Don't limit how many of each there are at all.

This means no one grinds for years to get something only to "miss out" but also allows the economy to determine what really has value. The most useful weapons will be pulled and yes the price for a fresh pull will go down. However the usefulness of the weapon will cause the price to stay high as you will need the high dps high eff high dpp to farm those tier comps and high MU loot.

You can always add even higher level weapons and L weapons as some have suggested but you wont stop people from grinding, botting using super weapons they already have or farming tokens fast endlessly causing others to miss out. Make it so nothing is ever out of stock, add new L and UL stuff regularly and allow the market to do the rest.

NOTE: Don't you have a BP70 Perfected.....?

Well, if they restocked more items, the players who have tokens and want to buy something but cant, will be able to, and all the ubers that just bought up stuff to sell at high markups wont be able to anymore because their customer base just disappeared. Item prices drop to reasonable levels, and more players end up buying items. The market will find equilibrium. I think the problem this entire time is the fact that the items have been made super rare because the reward system was based on a finite amount of tokens per event back when it was competition categories, where now tokens are not as finite as they were since more grinding is obviously giving more tokens out than previously.

20 mayhem weapons pulled so far, counting LR-60 and up
22 TWEN weapons, similar threshhold
(1 DOA slugstorm, not counting it )

that's 44 new weapons this year so far for your average 2.0 junk, and we're 4,5 months in. More people hunting with higher turnover gear benefits MA, I don't see a problem with it. There's always the risk of devaluation.

It looks like MA wants prices to come down, which is a good thing IMO. Why anyone would buy a weapon now for the highly inflated (covid) prices beats me. The market hasn't adjusted for 44 drops yet and it shows if you look at the tradechats and PCF, so many threads up. + more gear will hit the market the next months.

Last edited:
The obvious answer is to make each pull progressively more expensive. It won't stop anyone from grinding (on the contrary
), and it'll ensure more people than the top 10 richest macro users/botters can pull the biggest items consistently.

Progressive cost could be as easy as having to grind 100% of first pull before allowed to do another pull. E.g. pulling a 10k token amp -> must pay 10k tokens to system before next pull is available. If you pull a 100k item then you'd have to pay 100k to the system to reset. Simple, fair and would guarantee continuous macro grinding (which is what we must assume is what MA wants the most)!

Why not make all Mayhem items avatar bound?

If you outgrow or don't want that item anymore then you should be able to sell it back to the vendor. Vendor can then restock it (untiered) and you get your tokens back.

Just a thought - don't shout at me :eek:

let them drop most guns overpriced anyways with the exception of a few which if i had the ped id buy them for 200k. For instance lr-40 fen doubled in price since pandemic last i checked your still losing a % tt wise and most oils and such are rock bottom so its based on lucky drops. Add the fact you need rings etc etc it gets rather expensive.

If you outgrow or don't want that item anymore then you should be able to sell it back to the vendor. Vendor can then restock it (untiered) and you get your tokens back.
I will pull a lp120 if i only have a rare after i get one more rare i will sell it to vendor get back my tokens and go for bp110 and after getting another rare i will sell and get mod nano ....

Soon everyone runs with mod nano :D

Back