January major estate sale - speculation thread

Mikass

Marauder
Masak Mikass Keer
Also in celebration of ten years of Entropia, there will be a major estate announced for auction at the end of January, with a completely new management/revenue model. More details will be released as the anniversary date approaches.
Original announcement

So what do you think? What could it be? New management/revenue model is also intriguing. Also, announcement came from MA not FPC. Could this be a separate MA sale? All previous major sales were basically Calypso related.

--------------------------------------------------
new info released today January 30th

Next week, MindArk will be announcing a major estate auction, quite different from the traditional land area model. All we can say for now is that the estate will feature some previously unknown alien lifeforms...

New information released in a Mindark newsletter(02/14/13):

These and other events will continue over the next several months. Each planet will also be introducing a special TEN Edition version of one of its weapons. Very soon, MindArk will be announcing a major estate auction, quite different from the traditional land area model.

Last edited:
Hey,

wild speculation: They'll auction Planet Calypso itself!

Regards
Thark

edit: i don't actually believe that

Hey,

wild speculation: They'll auction Planet Calypso itself!

Regards
Thark

edit: i don't actually believe that

:scratch2:

...well they kinda` did that already. :)

Original announcement

So what do you think? What could it be? New management/revenue model is also intriguing. Also, announcement came from MA not FPC. Could this be a separate MA sale? All previous major sales were basically Calypso related.

Space OLA and asteroid with landing tax-rights.

Space OLA and asteroid with landing tax-rights.

Was thinking it might be space related. Either that or they'll put Next Island on sale since it's been abandoned for months now.

I think about a beacon(s) kind or MM instance kind estate.
With a fee/key to pay to enter for a determined timer.

It might be cool

Feith

Space Areas (like Land Areas).

I would guess space stations or space asteroids or something as well. I am also guessing they will get another medusa island fiasco on their hands, cause there are only so many people that will mortgage their house for ingame investments.

I would guess space stations or space asteroids or something as well. I am also guessing they will get another medusa island fiasco on their hands, cause there are only so many people that will mortgage their house for ingame investments.

I guess they won't have a 1 PED SB this year.

Unless Medusa sale taught them something about the power of the "99%". :)

It will most likely be some sort of medusa type area, but they will finally add the option to sell it in parts, something similar to CLDs. When the ped center was introduced, it became quite clear, that this kind of option will most likely be available in future.

I remember a long time ago (2008-ish) they were talking about factories. Maybe there will be a large factory built in the Hadesheim crater. A rich player will purchase this estate and rent out slots crafters to install blueprints for use by other participants at a percentage cost per click.

my guess - they'll auction of sakura, genesis, omegaton, and all the other places with estates on them that are technically on LAs that MA itself owns right now and is collecting taxes on... and while at it, they'll add factories on some of those places? Along with it, they will give the high bidder the deeds to all of the properties on those locations that no participant has owned - similar to the Medusa Head sale last year kind of (example is all of the shops in Gamma building in the following video, which support ticket response has verified are all still places that MA/estate broker owns and no participant has ever had a chance to own yet):

After all, this will sort of be fulfilling a bit of a promise from 2007!...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?66126-Q-amp-A-Answers-(May-07
Post 221
Will there be more shops available at places like Genesis, Omegaton, Sakura?
Submitted by Violet

Last edited:
Banks. .. They recently did something with a bank. I Suppose This was n preparation forum a sale. Also a new revenue model, as opposed to the old -failing- model. To top this it will satisfy a current pp.

A factory is a possibility as it's a new management / revenue model means thats it's not using existing systems i.e. not a tax based system. But it doesn't mention anything about where the estate is and it's in the State of the Universe

Another possibility would be a space port / space gate system i.e. travel between planets at a charge set by the owner.

Castle in Germany ? (hope they paint it another color first though)

yes, but they will sell them for 500 PED each ;)

50 ped should be fair price for something like Next Island or some space hunting ground that few visit. Btw, what % of hunters are space hunters?

Malls up for sale, chance for some one to play Retail Tycoon :) Option to choose how much rent to charge on shops, and revenue from goods sold in shops.

Oh yeah :laugh:

Before my time forgot malls player owned:dunce:

Oh yeah :laugh:

Before my time forgot malls player owned:dunce:

:)

Yeah, guess we can cross that off the list.

Banks. .. They recently did something with a bank. I Suppose This was n preparation forum a sale. Also a new revenue model, as opposed to the old -failing- model. To top this it will satisfy a current pp.

Banks didn't generate much interest after the sale. Most of them closed down. I know the Argus owner tried for many months to sell that one without much luck. I doubt MA will put more effort into it as it won't get them much money. It was also part of a larger effort centered around aquirring RL banking license, issuing ATM cards and so on. All that is history now and most likely stay that way for a while.

It will most likely be some sort of medusa type area, but they will finally add the option to sell it in parts, something similar to CLDs. When the ped center was introduced, it became quite clear, that this kind of option will most likely be available in future.

I think you're on to something.

Last edited:
Anyone has saved the pictures? the links of Bertha Bot are dead :(

edit: Ah, posted in the wrong topic, but maybe somebody can help me here ;)

I had better be cheap land. There is bugger all liquid Peds in game at the moment. A few players may be able to find 100KPed for LAs, but who knows how this will go down.

I had better be cheap land. There is bugger all liquid Peds in game at the moment. A few players may be able to find 100KPed for LAs, but who knows how this will go down.

More details will be released as the anniversary date approaches.

Guess we'll find out soon enough. More announcements should come until January 30(anniversary date).

23 days left until the event and new info could come out at any time during this interval.

Back