JD - International Entropian of Mystery

sir odd

Jack of All Trades
odd sir odd bunny
JD
International Entropian of Mystery

[wrap=center]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/200px-JDrl.jpg[/wrap]

He may not be the best hunter, miner, or crafter in Entropia Universe, but he's the mastermind behind one of the most valuable sources of Entropian information today, the EntropiaDirectory. Requiring constant additions of new content and events to the directory, maintaining the site is no small chore. I'm proud to present JD as this week's Wednesday Who's Who.

John JD Doe was a name picked on the fly, as he thought he would not continue playing after an hour. Well, as Project Entropia (as it was called back then) affected most players with a sense of adventure; JD became a dedicated player and decided to stick around. While 'John' and 'Doe' were not good aliases, JD became the name he is most widely known by.

JD stepped off the colonist ship onto Calypso in 2003. The main draw was the novel concept of a real cash economy, and the ability to control how much one deposits at any time.

So, to the burning topic, what prompted the creation of Entropia Directory? JD saw the need for an off-line directory of anything and everything that is Entropia that would be a reliable community resource that could be updated with new information when discovered. The site is too large today for a single person maintain, so the ingame society of EntropiaDirectory, along with other contributors, help keep the content fresh and the information rolling in. Those who work to maintain the site every month receive some PED for their efforts from JD and any sponsors that rented space on EntropiaDirectory.

So how does it feel to run a site like EntropiaDirectory? "It can be daunting at times because we rely on a trusted group of editors to manually update all the directories, charts and resources." While a lot of work is required every month, or when a new Version Update comes along, JD also reports that over 10,000 players access ED's 2000+ articles every month. Now those are some impressive numbers!

Entropia Directory (society and website) celebrated its 2 year anniversary last November. "The Society is about the 4th biggest in EU and all though I created it on a solid foundation by genuinely trying to help every new player I met." While JD is the mastermind, the entire society is run by the upper ranks. Right now the society Entropia Directory is tied for being the most populated society in Entropia. One memberable quote JD said was "I'm just the suit and I have spent more time partying, chatting, flirting, wheeling and dealing, while the likes of Amar and Runner keep the society educated and entertained."
JD also mentions that the ED website will be undergoing construction for improvements.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/Jdbar.jpg[/wrap]What's the most visited place on ED? "Without doubt the most popular resources at Entropia Directory are our Land Area: Mob, DNA and Mining Charts, these allow you to look up and find the exact Mob, Mineral and Ore you are chasing." No doubt, this will come in handy with the upcoming land grab!

JD's advice to newcomers of Entropia: "Don't expect to make money or even break even for years, unless you have money to invest. I play for entertainment and I am prepared to pay for that when I am surrounded by an awesome group of mates."

What is JD's idea of a good time? I was almost afraid of the answer!
"Jason Bot Field (past the drones and into the biggens) when I am with a group and secluded landmarks well off the beaten track when I am with an exotic young Lady ...at least until I find out she's actually a 65 year-old, bald, overweight bloke from Utah!"

To look past the virtual pixels and onto the person behind JD, I asked if there were any pockets of info he could share. JD disclosed that last year he was diagnosed with a permanent illness that caused him to lose many things he cared for. However, things are looking up as he recently finished moving to a new location, got a steady stream of online income, is in a relationship with a gorgeous flamenco dancer, and is able to enjoy EU once more.

JD gives his continued thanks to the people who make the great society of Entropia Directory what it is today!

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice article sir odd :)
Always nice to know some background info about avatars everyone knows :)

Reactions: J D
Very nice story Sir Odd.
Thankyou.

Great job my Dear Bunny ... and JD is indeed a well-deserved profile to be showcased in the Wednesday's Who's Who series. I say it's about time ... and JD? ... ditch the Flamenco Dancer, I can boogie with the best of 'em! (j/k) ... I'm glad things are going much better for you, and you will always be one of my favorite virtual friends! Much love my dear! ;)

"...while the likes of Amar and Runner keep the society educated and entertained."

I'm famous! ;)

Seriously though, gratz JD you've clearly given a lot to the EU commumity over the years. Its good to see you on the front page.

And thanks for a excellent interview, Sir Odd

Absolutely classic photo on top. Great job done by EntropiaDirectory team

Last edited:
Nice reading :)

Yay Sir Odd.

This was overdue, JD is Über in a very special way, not in skills, but in his personality. He really helps beginners to stand on their own feet. I wouldn't have played for more than two hours if it weren't for him. When I started, he got me into a society with really awful mates, and even had a job for me.

I love ED. The Socmates are der r0ck0rz, and it was YOU, JD, that brought us all together.

Looking forward to many more years in Entropia Directory.

Regards,
DD

Great article, great writing, great guy!

Great Soc!

JD you rock!

Great article Sir Odd :)

And I'm with Durakiller - awesome photo!

gz JD ! ! !

Nicely done .. a great view into one of Entropia's finest.

Bones

Nice one JD i've known you for some time and you have always been a great fella! Keep up the fantastic work you do, good to see you on WWW!

All the best.

Jamhot

Ahhh... Thats why everyone was a saying "hello JD" - today in Twin Peaks!

"I thought it was just that I had been sprung sneaking Mel into the Bank's Jacuzzi "
:ahh:
[SIZE=-1]
No seriously that was Morbs Idea... I would have taken her straight to Ms9's apartment!

Ok ...really on a serious note. Who says I'm not the best Hunter in game??? Huh! Just cause I'm old-skool, hunt barefoot, completely overkill everything with firestorm/BLP, don't know what friggen limited weapon I should be using for the max SIB......

Hey! thats what sites like Entropia Directory (ED), Entropedia, Entropia-Loot are for!
- ED will give ya a glossy overview of everything in game,
- Entropedia will give you hard core data and
- Zap will give ya great events - loots, loots and more loots
(just to name a few of the many community sites that have become bigger than the person that started it).

kk..... I am going to be really serious now!!! Entropia Universe has cost me a substantial amount of money over the years. But that money has been well spent on pure fun and after 5 years has become a great investment. Its been a great ride, I have some awesome international mates that I will have for life. Some of those are priceless in the daily support they give me, in business, entertainment and life.

[/SIZE]
"MindArk make ENTROPIA,
We make the UNIVERSE!"

[SIZE=-1]

I dropped off the forums last year, dropped out of EU, was pretty much screwed on a physical level and came way to close to finding out if there is a Revival Terminal outside of my computer. Went down the tunnel 3 times in fact.

I could not thank everyone enough - that supported me and Entropia Directory through that tough period - and some well deserved ED figures got a nice plug in Sir Odd's most excellently written article. CHEERS TO YOU SIR!

Most people who have been through what I experienced over the last year end up with a kangaroo loose in the top paddock... (being really serious now)

[/SIZE]
"One thing will bring ya through anything
...and thats humour!"

[SIZE=-1]

So I am taking my hat off to MorbidX ([/SIZE]F0rum Hob0) - thanks for the laughs on Xfire Voice mate - Ya make a bloke forget he's heading for a wheelchair faster than ya can pluck an Ostrich!

...thanks to all for the comments and good wishes. :cool:

Expect a lot of big changes at Entropia Directory this year! ;)

Great post JD, I hope to see you again. Haven't seen you for over a year. :mad:

Thanks for the postings :) Yes JD is one great guy! :cool:

Good to hear things are looking up.

:bowdown:

Unfortunately I don't know JD on a personal level, which gives me an interesting perspective.

I've long respected JD and ED, which has allowed me to have listings in various areas, connecting myself with other Entropians.

I was not aware that he'd had rl issues and had been away. And that's my point. I think when we're gone, when our last breath is given and our nearest have mourned our passing. Then we live on in peoples memories, the truest test of life beyond the grave, are the thoughts of those that don't know we're not around. I would surely like to think, one day, that I'm remembered for what I am. Personally I think that's about as good as it gets!

I always enjoy Wednesday's Who's Who, this is another much appreciated read Sir Odd.

Well done bunny man, and gratz on the very much deserved article JD. Long time no see, I was away a lot last year too, but clearly the biggest gratz goes to you for hanging in through the hard stuff and still being here kicking with us now :hug:

Back