John Capital - Knowledge Seeker

Great article, glad I have something to look forward to on weds again :)

i devoured the article like a good book! At first it was the: finally a wednesdays who is who again... then it was like: Oh look a geek story :D

All the best!

Par

Great article!

And...

Who is John Galt? :D

John Teacher Capital
for President!!!
[/QUOTE]

:yay: i second that :yay:

JC...I think I know him....name sounds familiar ;)

I seem to get that "you remind me of someone" thing a lot. Over the years, I've been compared to everyone from Reno to Weird Al to Clark Kent. :dunno:

Have you ever been compared to Tony Shaoloub? :)

Tony%20Shalhoub-CSH-045380.jpg

MS9,

As always thank you for bringing a great article to us!

Mr. Capital, you seem like a great resident of Calypso!

Thank you for all the comments ... I will do my best to address a few things that were mentioned, and then take the time to give my own perspective on our showcased profile. :D

First ... my apologies for the lengthy break away from doing the WWW profiles, but it had more to do with RL and other writing projects than anything else. I totally enjoy doing these profiles, but they're quite a production and very time-consuming. For now, I will only be doing two a month, and the next one will be published on Wednesday, February 25th. I'm hoping that it will be a female this time. I had to re-juggle the profile list due to my absence from writing them on a weekly basis, and those who were confirmed have some scheduling issues, so I had to go back to the drawing board.

Second ... I know how much the community not only enjoys the profiles, but the news articles that the staff presents now and then. I also know that it's not as frequent as you would like them to be, but I think there are plans being formulated to increase the Newsroom staff sometime in the near future. This would certainly help to achieve the goal of keeping the Front Page fresh and revolving, which has always been the goal, but as we know only too well, RL can get in the way.

In the meantime ... just a reminder, that even if you aren't a part of the Newsroom staff, anyone in the community is free to submit an article to 711 for review and possible publishing at the Front Page. We have witnessed many at this forum who have a talent for writing, and if this is something that some of you enjoy doing, then take a shot at it. Show us what you have to offer and get an article published. ;)

In targeting someone to profile ... I take into consideration many things, and do my research. I've been around EU for 4 years (next month), and have been involved enough in the community to meet a lot of wonderful people who have evolved their characters right along side my own. Therefore, it's not TOO challenging to pluck someone of interest out of the mix, but I want to be diverse in that respect, and why I was changing it up with male, female, couple, etc. I have more couples targeted, and you will begin to see them in March. Sometimes I take a risk, if nothing more than for shock value, because I know it will get the community involved, but please know, that my choices are quite calculated. :silly2:

To Globex ... just wanted to give a public thank you for your continued support and assistance with some of the graphics work I've needed done. Your service is quite timely, and immensely appreciated. I try to give various graphics artists an opportunity to do something with the profiles, and why I change it up now and then. Baradur was also a wonderful assistance in the past, and would not hesitate using him again. I plan on using others as well, just to showcase some of the talent we have in this community. I have PhotoShop on my computer, but have yet to have the time to make any sense out of it.

To JC ... thank you for allowing me to showcase your profile. The day you gave birth to your avatar, was the day JSA was celebrating its 1 year anniversary as a society. It was through BlackRain that we met, but I don't recall the exact date. I DO know however, that we have been friends for a VERY long time ago. I especially remember you and BlackRain joining us during the Feff invasion at Fort Fury, what fun that was.

You ARE special ... and every wonderful thing that this community is sharing about you is truth. You DO care about your fellow Entropians, and will go the distance to be of help in any way possible. You are also quite creative in how you present adventures and fun to those fortunate enough to be a part of the experiences. JSA and TCF have been a friendship alliance for what seems forever, and have enjoyed joint beacon missions and hunts whenever we could arrange them.

Your service to this community is admirable ... and there is no doubt in my mind that you will continue to research, learn, and share your knowledge with others who seek to be more efficient and effective in our universe.

Thank you JC ... and thank you to the community members who take the time to sing the praises of those who are so deserving of it, like JC and others have been. It's nice to hear about the shared experiences.

Till next time ... happy reading! :yay:

Very nice read.

Wonderful article . . . thank you!!

As always, you have brought us an article that introduces us to one of our fellow Calypsians . . . and in turn you show how amazing you are.

Congratulations John Capital . . . you Rock!

Thank you Mindstar . . . you are the best

;>

Great article about one of our great Entropians. I should emphasize the "great" on both accounts.

Well done MS9, that was a good read, and another fascinating insight to a player I didn't know enough about! Keep it up!

Nice JC! Thanks for sharing man! And MS9, great to see you getting these WWWs rollin in again :)

Nice job once again MS9.

Good to see you back in harness,,,oops I meant the saddle, again :D

Mac ;)

a nice article about a very good player.

john is one of those people who always has a positive way of looking at things. he has been known to point out to me that I might be a tad bit over-reacting to whatever my thorn of the day happens to be.

one thing that has certainly earned my respect are his numerous contributions to the community as a whole. that sort of stuff takes a great deal of work and can be a thankless task.

Love it as usual... brilliantly written ;)

Interesting to see the face behind the nick. :D

Keep on learning ;)

Great article MS9. John I didnt know we started within days of each other. Gratz on your achievements. :D

Great article really nice read

Nice job once again MS9.

Good to see you back in harness,,,oops I meant the saddle, again :D

Mac ;)

News Flash ... harnesses, saddles, and lariats don't work you space cowboy :nana: ... it's the intangibles that count, and impress me the most. ;) Thanks for your thoughts though, I know they're sincere. :D

a nice article about a very good player.

john is one of those people who always has a positive way of looking at things. he has been known to point out to me that I might be a tad bit over-reacting to whatever my thorn of the day happens to be.

one thing that has certainly earned my respect are his numerous contributions to the community as a whole. that sort of stuff takes a great deal of work and can be a thankless task.

Thanks Kira ... and I agree regarding JC's disposition. Even though he and I have been on opposing ends of an intense discussion or two, I appreciate the fact that he can bring it with passion and conviction, and still respect the process from a constructive perspective that adds value. He is one of my dearest friends, and someone whose contributions to the Entropia community are highly respected.

Thank you again to everyone for your comments ... they are greatly appreciated. :)

awesome story...

I always enjoy getting to know the people behind the barbie or ken doll avatar :)

WOO HOO JC!

Great Article MS9 :yay:

Damn it, that was supposed to be me!

JC, I pretty much do what you do, I was and I am still a seeker of Entropian knowledge and pretty much I keep being updated to whats going on in Calypso for the past 4 years, despite my lack of avatar presence due to real life stuff. I also acquired some knowledge of the outside world , I am really interested in exchanging some ideas with you, that way we can think of schematics in how can we improve our standards despite the current economy crisis the world is facing and how to achieve success quickly in the greatly biased "Entropia Universe".

Back