Joke of the day

Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Jimmy Gunslinger Jones
Did u guys already hear the ad about making money through "smart hunting"?

Given the massive amount of no looters I am seeing with v8.2, I wonder what they mean by that. But I guess it either must be

a) Spend 3k to make a 2k HOF or

b) Dont hunt at all.

I mean seriously, the hunting system gets worse and worse, we are seeing higher and higher hofs (which make *very few* players happy), but less frequent and lower average loots because of that - AND THAT MAKES *A LOT* OF PLAYERS VERY UNHAPPY!

So how about returning the loot system to what it was like a year before, with much better and frequent average loots?!

this could perhaps be a suicide message but i dont feel the loot getting dramaticaly worse after this VU....in fact ive been having decent loots these past days and almost a global a day

im not saying im not loosing money but dont feel like it got any worse ;)

too soon to know...... but I have mixed feelings about the VU as far as loots go. Yesterday I had a nice global and silent (GSI)... whereas today I had squat!!! so.... we'll just see what happens tomorrow.....

It is really hit and miss. Over all this weekend I had 3 globals and 4 GSI's, but Sunday my Bro and I hunted and received squat. almost 30 "no loots" and that includes moving to different spots on the map. I ended up breaking even though, so I'm not complaining (too much). :D

Ok, I had admittedly a pretty good run of loots today too, but the central point still is that it would be much nicer to have more frequent and better average loots instead of überhofs where only "one" players profits and "many" are losing money. Don´t u agree with this?

gunslinger i have wanted that since the day that VU was :( Anyways, MA told us that it has been on THEIR ( ;) ) wishlist for a long time, and therefore they will not change it (Source:Marco :p)

i dont really think its as bad now, as it has been before. I if anyone use to think loots are aaaaalways worse after a VU and think ' darn MA made hunting worse again ' but i think its better now than when they implemented the 'no loot-system ' :)

Maybe MA and the players could meet in the middle of the line, letting monsters have loots and no loots, but less no loots, and therefore more small loots instead? :)

I would be much happier with smaller loots. Of course the globals are always appreciated, but I think people wouldn't be as discouraged to hunt if they received loot 6 out of 10 times.

i take "b) Dont hunt at all."

So, im just waiting for the next VUs and hopefully they will bring something, which brings better loots in. p.e. a good adsystem ;)

Gunslinger, this is your sig:
Solo and team hunting globals and hofs: allophyl young (250+), argonaut young, argonaut mature, two atrax young, caudatergus provider (900+/2), cornundacauda mature, globster young (during Festival of Firepower), molisk adult, molisk scavenger, prancer guardian, sabakuma dominant, plus 4 loots worth 50+
what the hell r u complainin about???
sure, ur prolly losin money, but who isnt? (dont answer that one lol :p)

you might make out ur the underdog, but trust me, there are plenty of people far worse off than you - me included

apache_ZC said:
this could perhaps be a suicide message but i dont feel the loot getting dramaticaly worse after this VU....in fact ive been having decent loots these past days and almost a global a day

im not saying im not loosing money but dont feel like it got any worse ;)

Loot has definitly been better for me. But still no globals/HOFS.

andyzammy said:
Gunslinger, this is your sig:

what the hell r u complainin about???
sure, ur prolly losin money, but who isnt? (dont answer that one lol :p)

you might make out ur the underdog, but trust me, there are plenty of people far worse off than you - me included

It´s good that u pointed this out, cause, as i said, im not against globals, im just against überhofs - and most of mine were globals ranging from 50-80 ped. These of course should stay, but the really big hofs should go away in favour of better average loot.

It´s good that u pointed this out, cause, as i said, im not against globals, im just against überhofs - and most of mine were globals ranging from 50-80 ped. These of course should stay, but the really big hofs should go away in favour of better average loot.
ah ok then, noted and i apologise bout that comment.

but even then, what ur complainin about, uberhofs, might not be possible to change.
the uberhofs, or the hofs for that matter, might not be in the equasion for giving out loot. ok sure, say the loot-pool was 10ped, you couldnt loot 20ped - thays only a limit due to an empty wallet, but we're tallin a lot more than 10 ped here. there might be so much in the loot pool that MA wouldnt even know what to do with, and an uber hof would only ever so slightly decrease it. theres still a hell of a load of money in there, but it still dont wanna show itself in the loots.
i recon with every VU, MA r takin addin more dice to a game where you have to roll a 6 on every die to get loot.

I'm almost to the point of saying hunting sucks. Yes, I've gotten a couple of globals, for around 50 Ped, but that's in spending several hundred Ped in ammo and repairs.

Most of the time the loots are either nothing, or a few pec. I've gotten so many 1 and 2 pec loots that I stopped counting. I guess that is loot, but why bother when I've wasted much more than that.

My wife and I team and we've ranged far and wide trying to find something that loots reasonably well. We keep going back to Argus for Snable as at least once in a while they will give a low level item like Pixie. :laugh:

Of course, Mining isn't much better. We break even less than half the time. The rest of the time we either do bad or terrible. :confused: And this is supposed to be fun.

DarkMatter

Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

We keep going back to Argus for Snable as at least once in a while they will give a low level item like Pixie.

I often go hunt combibo's/exo's young/mature/old when the loot is bad.
That way i balance my change for a good loot.
U can kill 10 mob A with 1000 ammo , or hunt 100 mob B with 1000 ammo.
The change u do more loss with mob A is bigger than the change with mob B.

And i see globals falling of mob B as they are falling from mob A.

The only diff there is, is getting skills from lower mobs.............
And meaby lower mobs loot lesser amount of loots.............

I hope u understand what I am try to say :laugh:
But that's my thought :wise:

Greetings,

bigdeal

uberhofs, might not be possible to change.

Sure MA can get rid of them! Why shouldn´t they be able to? Just change the algorithms. I mean yesterday bots yielded bad loots while someone made a 2400 hof - i see no point in that totally unbalanced approach.

Back