Judges.

Looks like Spike called the 12:00 serbia/sweden one first; if he can't Mags agreed to step in, Major Putty might be available.. all good.

If any teams have worries, note em and post em.

Going smooooooth so far:)

Hurrikane

The hangover should be all better by mid-day so I can concentrate on the 12:00 start. Cya there :)

No problems so far, can't thank you all enough, nice one:)

Look on theWarSheet (post 2) though, new tie-break/Golden Global info added.

Should be there but might not be for 12:00 sunday but I think it's covered well:)

Soon a new outpost will beckon:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Ok, nice job so far:) Next weekend has only Russia (possibly) and a quick tie-breaker; so a good one to not worry about judging, it's covered:)

The week after that there will start to be 6 hunts every weekend... hope we can cover them all:)

Hurrikane

Hi to all Judges!!! I have news.

After much deliberation, the outpost for the next Stage has been decided. The bad news is, there aren't many mobs around it, although it is blessed with facilities, and some "atmosphere".

As it will be difficult for the Judges on the Stage 2 hunts to find mobs to hunt, I have changed the Judge Award criteria a little, and found a job for Noobs as well:)

The Judge Award is now for Any Global on Any Mob or Mining Find within 1000m of the Start/Finish Outpost. Certain flexibility can be had with close calls, so enter them anyway. How will you get these mobs so close? That's the noob job I was on about;

I will be posting in the noob section for Judge Gophers: these will be random noobs who will turn up, keep you company, run in mobs for you (and hopefully stop before the turrets), help scoring and so on.

Why would they do this, you might ask. Well, I'm telling them that those who turn up at more than a few hunts and do actually help without being annoying will get stuff from a mixed bag of crap I got lurking in the bottom of my storage (Hunter arms, Fap 15's, A103 amps etc). I'm sure all of you have a surplus (or useless) item or two, but don't worry, I'm not asking you to give: if you let me know who's being doing the good work I'll reward them in-game as the hunts continue. If anyone wishes to ADD to the "pile of crap destined to make noobs happy" they are more than welcome to do so.

I shall make it clear that it is not a case of "turn up and get paid", and that at some hunts the judge shall have more than enough company and/or no wish to hunt. I shall also mention if the Judge DOES wish to hunt, the bigger the mobs that could be brought in the better:)

Any reward will be for repeated assistance.

Does this sound ok to everyone?

Hurrikane

sry i m not that good at english...
in simply it means...
noob go lure mob to near the outpost but dont let the turret kill it?

can a judge (referring to myself) be the noob who lure the mob?
lol
i m still noob...

Initial Post Updated:

Judges are now advised to print team lists before hunts, so as not to allow any illegal players the chance to sneak in.

Another reminder for Judges to print out team lists from Hunt For Your Country whenever they get the chance; Don't want any undue confusion as to who can hunt.:)

Thanks for all your support so far, and the help you will give in Stage 2:wtg:

Hurrikane

Rough TimeTable for Future Stages:

Stage 2: this weekend (17-18th of March) and the following 2 weekends (24th-25th March, + 31st March-1st April), will host Rounds 1, 2 and 3 of Stage 2.

Stage 3: There will be a 1 weekend break, then on 14-15th April, and 21st and 22nd April, the Stage 3 Hunts will take place.

Stage 4: Another 1 weekend break and then the Stage 4 hunts will be held on the 5th and 6th of May.

Stage 5: Final: This will be held on 19th of MAY

All changes, Start/Finish points and Hunt Times will be added as soon as they happen/are confirmed.

Hurrikane.

Last edited:
Hello all Judges! The times for this weekend are up now, and as you might notice, 18:00 Saturday and 16:00 Sunday are looking BUSY.... as before, turn up when you can, all help greatly appreciated:)

Please note, rules are relaxed on the Judges Award... this is now for any mob globalled on within 1000m of the Start/Finish Point.
May well have noobs running you mobs in this time:)... it's not exactly a big spawn area, although there's a few Snarg to the west:)

Hurrikane

Yep dude, shall be there for most of them.

Hello to the Judges! I have noticed that the chaos and geniality of the Judging has made it quite unlikely that many globals will be posted in the Judges Award; but several of you have offered prizes.

I have a solution; any donations could be put towards a nice Beacon Mission for all the Judges to take part in after the Tournament.

Sound good to you guys?

(I'd like to add I'm not a treasurer, and have not taken any donations so far, and would like someone else to handle the cash!)

Hurrikane

Sounds like a splendid plan Hurrikane :)

All Bots must die - even the ones hiding up in space in their tincans...

I love bots.. especially the squalling sound they make when i kill them !!

Sounds good to me.

Hello to the Judges! I have noticed that the chaos and geniality of the Judging has made it quite unlikely that many globals will be posted in the Judges Award; but several of you have offered prizes.

I have a solution; any donations could be put towards a nice Beacon Mission for all the Judges to take part in after the Tournament.

Sound good to you guys?

(I'd like to add I'm not a treasurer, and have not taken any donations so far, and would like someone else to handle the cash!)

Hurrikane

Good idea Hurrikane...I have 200 peds to donate towards the judges' prize so when you know who the Treasurer is I'll give them my peds.

Could all judges please post their availability to Judge this weekend's Hunts:)

Hurrikane

Hiya Hurrikane,

I should be available for judging for the following times and will try my best to make them.

16:00 Saturday 24th March

12:00 Sunday 25th March

16:00 Sunday 26th March

Dependant on when and if I am competing in any of these slots...

Last edited:
Things we get up while judging

During the quiet times waiting for WoF globals, there are some strange things you can get to :D

I think this is the record for the variety of mobs we got up on that balcony. We managed to get a Snarg and a Drone up there as well, but not at the same time. Big thanks to the runner chaps Outman and Fergal for bringing some in :laugh:

5.jpg

Wooooosh

And when the "Go" is given, the Woooosh is quiet a spectacle. A picture does not capture the moment 40 odd people TP away at once very well :D

We should try and video one of these moments

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Just a thought...

Have all the Judges got TeamSpeak?

Would make life a bit easier should servers go down during a match again etc

I can certainly be around for Sunday 16:00 too, if that's another busy one.

In fact I WILL be :)

If you need me for others just let me know.

U have my mobile number if I'm off-line...

Good idea.

I got teamspeak

Uhhh ... the judges tread!

I neclected it. Sorry! (New title instead of "Captain of Team Germany" is "Director of the circus" :D )

Since we have not that much low-mob-globals from the judges ... I like Hurrikan's idea of buying a beacon.

Sound good to you guys?
Hurrikane

Yes, sounds good!

And the amount of offered prizes is not that bad so far:

200 PED from Hurricane
200 PED from RidingDirty
100 PED from Jamira
200 PED from Oracle
700 PED

How much 25 or 28 PED beacons is it? Or shall we buy one mission and set 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize?

BTW: 15 accredited judges. But a team of 12 only is possible, isn't it? So, two beacon missions?

Jamira

PS: LOL! At last the winner will probably get more than the winners of the WoF!

Last edited:
We can have a qualifying, for the judges... to drop 3.

LOL

HAHAHA, on gnibs :rifle:

And here is a video of a Wof Start, taken by Vumba, who came to watch one.

http://www.thedisturbedones.co.uk/videos/WoF Launch.wmv

I'm guessing that tune came in just by chance on the game... but watched from the start, with the noise of the fireworks, the tune kicking in then the last guy on the roof whooshing off... that's a lovely bit of film:) Gonna be heading back here a lot; everytime someone new comes round LOL... now I can show 'em what a WoF looks like:)

Thanks Vumba for making it and Safara for sharing it; Nice one.

Hurrikane

Btw... I counted 19 out of about 25 avatars going off at once there... not going to see that again til next year now... *sigh* LOL

Last edited:
Next time we should line up everyoen in a circle facing out...give a countdown, then a GO!

whoosh! whoosh! whoosh! would be awesome...

Sorry for the late post (as you may have come to expect:))

This Weekend's Match Times:

Stage 3 Round 3:

France Vs Romania: 21:00 Friday

Italy Vs Germany: 21:00 Friday

England Vs Ireland: 21:00 Friday

USA Vs Australia: 01:00 Saturday

Denmark Vs Eudoria: 16:00 Saturday

Scotland Vs Sweden: 22:00 Saturday

Denmark/Eudoria time confirmed from "evidence", lacking dual consent.

Judges, see you all there if you can make it, and apologies for this shamelessly pasted post:)

Hurrikane

Back