Just a heads up about the VU and the UI + Lab update

My|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
A heads up for everyone excited for the upcoming VU; The upcoming VU will not include the new UI or the Secret Lab update. We are still working on the new UI and the Secret Lab update and want to create something awesome for everyone. Therefore we want to take our time and finish everything properly.

However, I can tell you that there will be a video with a SNEAK-PEEK on the new UI after the VU. The reason for the video is for us to put out visuals and explain the features. With this, we would love to receive feedback about the UI and hear what your opinions are. Since we are still working on the UI, the feedback we receive will be a tool for us in order to maybe change some features to more of your liking. Therefore your feedback is very important to us!

Do you already have questions about the UI you can PM me on Discord and I might be able to include that in the video! My Discord ID is MyAnt#8937

Looking forward to the SNEAK-PEEK, thanks for the heads-up (y)

Historically, the two things MA have tweaked in response to player comments have been a return to a more extended zoom out on 3rd person view and the angles of slope that stop full running speed or are impossible to climb at all.
Please thus show full ranges of limitations in the sneak peak so that we can get a chance of assessing what we think from the video. Maybe even have two types of video - one for more basic explanations and one for showing the limits of ranges.
Also, as a concrete hope, I hope the UI and controls for space flight are changed to make it less annoying - maybe even with the addition of radar to the UI if that is not too much of a challenge.
Ty

I am hoping the dmg and heal text is movable , mine is down in the bottom right corner which makes it behind my radar.

No , I am not moving my radar.

Nice! Can't wait for the sneak-peak! ?

I am hoping the dmg and heal text is movable , mine is down in the bottom right corner which makes it behind my radar.

No , I am not moving my radar.
The text is set to come above the healthbar. Move the healthbar a little to the left and it wont behind your radar.

As sad as I am to hear I'll have to wait a few more months for the next stage of RDI, I do appreciate the communication. Hope we can have a RX unit event in the mean time

A heads up for everyone excited for the upcoming VU; The upcoming VU will not include the new UI or the Secret Lab update. We are still working on the new UI and the Secret Lab update and want to create something awesome for everyone. Therefore we want to take our time and finish everything properly.

However, I can tell you that there will be a video with a SNEAK-PEEK on the new UI after the VU. The reason for the video is for us to put out visuals and explain the features. With this, we would love to receive feedback about the UI and hear what your opinions are. Since we are still working on the UI, the feedback we receive will be a tool for us in order to maybe change some features to more of your liking. Therefore your feedback is very important to us!

Do you already have questions about the UI you can PM me on Discord and I might be able to include that in the video! My Discord ID is MyAnt#8937

More communication like this please! Thanks for the update.

I am so addicted to hopium!!o_O Thanks for the new fix!!:cool:

Since you asked for feedback, here's some preemptive feedback from me as a player that uses the auction and shops a lot:

---Message Center:
One of the most frustrating things for me has been that shop sales notifications are gone forever once you click 'ok'. You will never be able to go back and see what you sold and to who as it's permanently erased. Saving them (by not clicking ok) is completely pointless as far as I'm concerned since there is no search function in the message center. Here's what mine looks like so you can better understand the situation:

index.php

That is showing 1612 pages of available records, 1612 PAGES! There's 20 records per page, which means if I want to go back to find that one time I sold some Manufacture Armor skills last year, I'll have to sift through 32,240 individual records to hopefully get lucky and find it.

Without a search function, keeping this many records in memory is totally pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Ideally, you will add a new section in the message center for shop sales notifications (and fix LAs and Monria so we can actually see who bought the items), add a search function and keep all records going back 1 year like you do for everything else already.

---Shops:
I've made a list of some things I would like to see changed/improved, mostly quality of life improvements for shoppers and shop owners. You can see that list in this post.

But the 2 things I would really like to see asap are:
- Being able to set price as %mu for limited items instead of peds in decimal format, it's a guessing game everytime and takes multiple tries to get it right.
- Being able to move an item from one place to another without losing the set price and having to set it again. If I right-click an item and select "place" in order to move it, why do I lose the retail price I set, it shouldn't.

---Auction:
Well there's a whole list of functions which I've compiled here. The community has been very clear about what features they would like to see added to the Auction House.

---Crafting:
All my crafting functionality/UI improvement suggestions here.

Cheers,
Legends

Last edited:
@Legends and MA
Klunk is SOOOOO 20th century~~!!!

I am excited to see the VU and UI rollout! RDI lab is something I'm dying to try on my list of To-Do's

Thank You MY for post and communication on here.

The text is set to come above the healthbar. Move the healthbar a little to the left and it wont behind your radar.
Thank you sir , you are the first person to explain this to me , and I am very inquisitive.

Keeping us in the loop, asking for input, sneek peaks. All those things keep us happy and give us things to get excites about. Keep up the positive changes to relations with your community.

Since you asked for feedback, here's some preemptive feedback from me as a player that uses the auction and shops a lot:

---Message Center:
One of the most frustrating things for me has been that shop sales notifications are gone forever once you click 'ok'. You will never be able to go back and see what you sold and to who as it's permanently erased. Saving them (by not clicking ok) is completely pointless as far as I'm concerned since there is no search function in the message center. Here's what mine looks like so you can better understand the situation:

index.php

That is showing 1612 pages of available records, 1612 PAGES! There's 20 records per page, which means if I want to go back to find that one time I sold some Manufacture Armor skills last year, I'll have to sift through 32,240 individual records to hopefully get lucky and find it.

Without a search function, keeping this many records in memory is totally pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Ideally, you will add a new section in the message center for shop sales notifications (and fix LAs and Monria so we can actually see who bought the items), add a search function and keep all records going back 1 year like you do for everything else already.

---Shops:
I've made a list of some things I would like to see changed/improved, mostly quality of life improvements for shoppers and shop owners. You can see that list in this post.

But the 2 things I would really like to see asap are:
- Being able to set price as %mu for limited items instead of peds in decimal format, it's a guessing game everytime and takes multiple tries to get it right.
- Being able to move an item from one place to another without losing the set price and having to set it again. If I right-click an item and select "place" in order to move it, why do I lose the retail price I set, it shouldn't.

---Auction:
Well there's a whole list of functions which I've compiled here. The community has been very clear about what features they would like to see added to the Auction House.

---Crafting:
All my crafting functionality/UI improvement suggestions here.

Cheers,
Legends
why the fack would you keep all those and why would you search for them?

Back