Just came back - What skills should I chip?

AKing2713

Hatchling
Hey all, Played Project Entropia about 3 years ago and just came back to see whats new with the game. I gata say I love it. But I don't want to have to grind back through all the low lvl mobs I did in the past so I think I will just chip in to get me back where i was. But its been so long I need some advice.

So my question is what skills are a must(for a hunter) to get me back on my feet. I was thinking bout trying to get to the point where i can hunt some bigger game like atrox's and such.

Any advice?

Last edited:
Hey all, Played Project Entropia about 3 years ago and just came back to see whats new with the game. I gata say I love it. But I don't want to have to grind back through all the low lvl mobs I did in the past so I think I will just chip in to get me back where i was. But its been so long I need some advice.

So my question is what skills are a must(for a hunter) to get me back on my feet. I was thinking bout trying to get to the point where i can hunt some bigger game like atrax's and such.

Any advice?

you need skills for atrax??? dude if atraxt your goal to start with a settler 5b armor and a opalo/101 amp is all you need.. its atrax thats a noob mob unless you go alfha and up

you need skills for atrax??? dude if atraxt your goal to start with a settler 5b armor and a opalo/101 amp is all you need.. its atrax thats a noob mob unless you go alfha and up

I think maybe you mean Pixie? Settler is meant to be very un-eco and useless from what i've heard.

So my question is what skills are a must(for a hunter) to get me back on my feet. I was thinking bout trying to get to the point where i can hunt some bigger game like atrax's and such.

Any advice?

I would say laser pistol is the way to go, and work your way up to the KorssH400, nice eco gun. But it really depends who you ask, thats just what I think.

Also you may want to skill a bit of evade on the noob mobs first, will save you a lot in armour/fap decay.

I think maybe you mean Pixie? Settler is meant to be very un-eco and useless from what i've heard.

Settler is great plate carrier and then it is quiet eco. setller +5b is better then pixie . So it aint that bad

Settler is great plate carrier and then it is quiet eco. setller +5b is better then pixie . So it aint that bad

Pixie and 5b is probably even better though. :D

Depends on what you are hunting and what maturity I guess.

Pixie and 5b is probably even better though. :D

Depends on what you are hunting and what maturity I guess.

gremlin + 5b is even better, just pointing out settler aint that terrible :)

gremlin + 5b is even better, just pointing out settler aint that terrible :)

Of course, its just that settler and pixie are pretty close in price, so it seems more logical to go for pixie.

Of course, its just that settler and pixie are pretty close in price, so it seems more logical to go for pixie.

Oh yes .. dont get me wrong i wont cheer for settler. Pixie is way better ofc

Hmm what size atrax?

At present you can't really go wrong with some evade, LWT (depedning on which weapon you choose) and throw in some some paramedic skills. Familiarise yourself with the SIB and (L) systems and you're ready to go.

Hmm what size atrax?

At present you can't really go wrong with some evade, LWT (depedning on which weapon you choose) and throw in some some paramedic skills. Familiarise yourself with the SIB and (L) systems and you're ready to go.

I meant atroxs. but anyways. I was thinking the same thing but I have a question. How much does weapons training effect my actual damage output and which skills are best to get?

I meant atroxs. but anyways. I was thinking the same thing but I have a question. How much does weapons training effect my actual damage output and which skills are best to get?

It affects it a lot. A level 1 in Laser Sniper (Hit) and Ranged Laser (Dmg) won't be able to hit as often, or do consistently higher damage like someone with level 50 would be able to.

So how much do you think would be a good starting point to shoot for in my major skills? 1000? 2000?

I just answered this same question for someone I'm helping in game to get started. They were at the point where they wanted to chip in some skills to be able to move up to atrox and similar mobs. He was interested in depositing $300 (actually $500, but I told him to save the rest for ammo :) ) just for skills over the next 2-3 months and wanted to know what I suggested. Here's what I told him, your mileage may vary and you can scale it down if you want to deposit less.

JDegre created a great chip optimizing tool. Use it to figure out best way to get to certain profession levels you desire. He has a skill scanner too so you can enter in your current skills as a start. The chip/ped amounts below are assuming you are starting at zero skills.

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

Laser Pistol Hit – ~Level 16 (Allows you to max Korss 400 and other similar guns)
Ranged Laser – ~Level 16
Handgun – 350 ped (40 ped TT) (Hit)
Weapon Handling – 50 ped (6 ped TT) (Hit)
Laser Wep Tech – 400-500 ped (65-70 ped TT) (Hit & Dmg)
Anatomy – 400 ped (50 ped TT) (Dmg)

Evader – Level ~15
Evade – 500 ped (17-20 ped TT)
Athletics – 250 ped
Combat Reflexes – 150 ped
Courage – 100 ped

Paramedic – Level 15 to max Vivo T15
First Aid – 500 ped

Above will also get you up to about 100-105 health points.

Beyond that, just churn through ammo. Skills move up pretty quickly through the low-mid levels.

This is of course just one person's opinion :)

My suggestion for armor is Gremlin + 5A or 5B plates depending on if you want more protection or more eco. Gremlin is a great all-around armor and won't break the bank to get a full set. When you are ready to move up beyond that, look at Tiger (L), Martial (L) and some others in that range. Avoid the parts that cost more than 150% and you can still be pretty eco with (L) armors. If gremlin is too much, than Pixie + 5a or 5b plates is a cheaper way to start.

Also, as Immortal suggested, learn about the SIB (L) weapons. (L) weapons will allow you to be the most eco as you go up through the ranks. Keep moving up to the next laser handgun (L) that you can MAX (which is more than the "recommended level" in the weapon information. You can find the level to max most weapons in Entropedia.info. If you can't chip enough to max out the Korss 400, then work your way up the Breer P1a, P2a, P3a, etc. handguns. If you prefer rifle, than the Breer M1a, M2a, M3a, etc are a decent choice to look into (and ofc chip in Rifle instead of Handgun above).

Good luck, Mack

P.S. PM me if you want to meet in game and get me on FL. Glad to help out where I can...

Reactions: Jed
I agree completely with Immortal.

Pick the gun you want to use and the professions which drive it, for instance a P5A handgun. It would use Ranged Laser Damage and Pistoleer Hit. Find the requirements to max the weapon and then go to this website.

Pop in your current skill levels and what level you want to be then it tells you what to buy skill wise and how much.

Going back to Immortals words, Paramedic and Evader skill levels are quite important in keeping cost down so I'd look into bumping those as well.

Edit, Damn that Mack beat me! :D

I just answered this same question for someone I'm helping in game to get started. They were at the point where they wanted to chip in some skills to be able to move up to atrox and similar mobs. He was interested in depositing $300 (actually $500, but I told him to save the rest for ammo :) ) just for skills over the next 2-3 months and wanted to know what I suggested. Here's what I told him, your mileage may vary and you can scale it down if you want to deposit less.

JDegre created a great chip optimizing tool. Use it to figure out best way to get to certain profession levels you desire. He has a skill scanner too so you can enter in your current skills as a start. The chip/ped amounts below are assuming you are starting at zero skills.

Laser Pistol Hit – ~Level 16 (Allows you to max Korss 400 and other similar guns)
Ranged Laser – ~Level 16
Handgun – 350 ped (40 ped TT) (Hit)
Weapon Handling – 50 ped (6 ped TT) (Hit)
Laser Wep Tech – 400-500 ped (65-70 ped TT) (Hit & Dmg)
Anatomy – 400 ped (50 ped TT) (Dmg)

Evader – Level ~15
Evade – 500 ped (17-20 ped TT)
Athletics – 250 ped
Combat Reflexes – 150 ped
Courage – 100 ped

Paramedic – Level 15 to max Vivo T15
First Aid – 500 ped

Above will also get you up to about 100-105 health points.

Beyond that, just churn through ammo. Skills move up pretty quickly through the low-mid levels.

This is of course just one person's opinion :)

My suggestion for armor is Gremlin + 5A or 5B plates depending on if you want more protection or more eco. Gremlin is a great all-around armor and won't break the bank to get a full set. When you are ready to move up beyond that, look at Tiger (L), Martial (L) and some others in that range. Avoid the parts that cost more than 150% and you can still be pretty eco with (L) armors. If gremlin is too much, than Pixie + 5a or 5b plates is a cheaper way to start.

Also, as Immortal suggested, learn about the SIB (L) weapons. (L) weapons will allow you to be the most eco as you go up through the ranks. Keep moving up to the next laser handgun (L) that you can MAX (which is more than the "recommended level" in the weapon information. You can find the level to max most weapons in Entropedia.info. If you can't chip enough to max out the Korss 400, then work your way up the Breer P1a, P2a, P3a, etc. handguns. If you prefer rifle, than the Breer M1a, M2a, M3a, etc are a decent choice to look into (and ofc chip in Rifle instead of Handgun above).

Good luck, Mack

P.S. PM me if you want to meet in game and get me on FL. Glad to help out where I can...

Wow thank you for the great post man. And yes if you wouldn't mind I would love to meet you in game to have a chat. I was looking at some prices and Martial (L) isn't that expensive. About 600-1000PED depending on the quality for a full set. That along with some plates and I would be set. It looks like to me that shooting for around 16 skill would be a good start.

Even though I'm a big proponent of natural skilling, I hope it goes well. :)
Trox aren't too bad with Gremlin and 5b (I can attest to this as I hunt them with this setup every day).

Back