Just Wondering...

BoondocK

Mature
Society
NBK Army
Veritas "Boondock" Aequitas
Why is it that there are a handful of shops/booths at any given location that all belong to the same user and are all vacant? I understand that people buy them cheap to turn around and sell for a profit, but when is the little guy going to get a chance?! I want a chance to try and run a booth or even put on my big boy pants and try my luck at opening a shop. Are these people clinging to their shops, waiting for the demand to increase even more, so they can make another pocket full of change? GREED, I say! This is wasted space right now, people. Empty shops and ones you can't enter due to "maintenance fee not paid" are wasted bandwidth that aren't doing any of us any good.

All I'm saying is a want in on the retail action, but I don't want to sacrifice an arm and a leg to do so. So, why is there all this wasted code sitting on MA's server that could be filled with something a bit more useful? Crap or get off the pot, as I believe the saying goes. Words to live by...

I agree.... but what are you going to do.

Why is it that there are a handful of shops/booths at any given location that all belong to the same user and are all vacant? I understand that people buy them cheap to turn around and sell for a profit, but when is the little guy going to get a chance?! I want a chance to try and run a booth or even put on my big boy pants and try my luck at opening a shop. Are these people clinging to their shops, waiting for the demand to increase even more, so they can make another pocket full of change? GREED, I say! This is wasted space right now, people. Empty shops and ones you can't enter due to "maintenance fee not paid" are wasted bandwidth that aren't doing any of us any good.

All I'm saying is a want in on the retail action, but I don't want to sacrifice an arm and a leg to do so. So, why is there all this wasted code sitting on MA's server that could be filled with something a bit more useful? Crap or get off the pot, as I believe the saying goes. Words to live by...

Not to mention the places that sit totaly empty with no estate terminal... in my apartment building, Kansha Tower in Sakura City, there are no estate terminals for the shopping store spaces in the lobby, nor are there those little stands on either side of you when entering a lobby - like in other buildings... maybe MA just has not gotten around to adding them yet? I don't know, but like you I would love to get a small booth or store to operate but at the current prices for whats available.. its gonna be a while til you can buy something at Xander's Emporium :)

Is there any change the owner is "Marcus Callender the Estate Broker"?
He is a MindArk avatar dealing with all the deeds and yes, everything he owns is empty and no maintenaince fee is paid. Many (all??) of the deeds owned by him can be bought at the auction.

:cool::rolleyes::cool:

its called monopoly.......

Back