Khorum Coast on Austin TX news!

Hell yeah, thank you all for the support! I half feared the trolls would come out of hiding when I shared the story on here hahaha.

I admire your efforts but theyre journalists. I get the vibe they were lowkey trying to ridicule you.

Notice you said "I know it sounds crazy but.." and notice the discussion about gambling with the smirk on their faces. Notice the phrases "'entire life savings' '20 years' '18k USD'".

Have some confidence in your tone, speak with conviction, throw teeny tiny bit of insight on the actual business side of it. Spark their curiosity. "What does this guy know that I don't". You gave them the liberty of coming up with whatever conclusion they wanted to. And if your intention was to bring EU to light in a positive manner, thaat prolly isnt the best way of going about it.

In any kind of interview you are in control of the dynamic. Anyone interviewing needs you for something, not the other way around. They need you for a job, or in this case they need you for a story so they can keep their job. So theyre gonna twist it in any way you allow them to. Think about that moving forward. Intentions will get you 1% of the way there.

I admire your efforts but theyre journalists. I get the vibe they were lowkey trying to ridicule you.

Notice you said "I know it sounds crazy but.." and notice the discussion about gambling with the smirk on their faces. Notice the phrases "'entire life savings' '20 years' '18k USD'".

Have some confidence in your tone, speak with conviction, throw teeny tiny bit of insight on the actual business side of it. Spark their curiosity. "What does this guy know that I don't". You gave them the liberty of coming up with whatever conclusion they wanted to. And if your intention was to bring EU to light in a positive manner, thaat prolly isnt the best way of going about it.

In any kind of interview you are in control of the dynamic. Anyone interviewing needs you for something, not the other way around. They need you for a job, or in this case they need you for a story so they can keep their job. So theyre gonna twist it in any way you allow them to. Think about that moving forward. Intentions will get you 1% of the way there.
Definitely needs some media training if he wants to keep this up

I appreciate your offer of assistance and advice but you are also assuming quite a bit. I am glad you enjoyed the interview though!

I appreciate your offer of assistance and advice but you are also assuming quite a bit. I am glad you enjoyed the interview though!
Your intention was to appeal to an audience unfamiliar with EU. Yes or yes? Everyone here can praise you all day long but the end of the day we werent your target audience. We already play EU. So ima keep it real with you and not play the A for effort game.

Think outside the EU Box, see what the main discussion became, see the words in the headlines, and the words and numbers they said. The evidence will speak for itself. The typical viewer unfamiliar with EU will be more likely to form a negative reaction because of the way the journalists engineered the delivery of that information.

And Im stepping on eggshells here trying to remain respectful, i got nothing against you. Picture someone my age, who never heard about the game.

Now they throw phrases like "spends all his retirement" "played 20 years" "life savings (of $18K)" "GAMBLING".... What would most people think? At that point the beautiful home you live in fades into the background and seems irrelevant.

Id think "Im not doing THAT for 20 years", cause the numbers and the finances dont add up. Idk why you disclosed that kinda info but damage is done.

Id like to see someone going the extra mile to bring platers actually use his full potential and see the results they wanted. Just take a step back and think about how you communicate going forward.

I
Your intention was to appeal to an audience unfamiliar with EU. Yes or yes? Everyone here can praise you all day long but the end of the day we werent your target audience. We already play EU. So ima keep it real with you and not play the A for effort game.

Think outside the EU Box, see what the main discussion became, see the words in the headlines, and the words and numbers they said. The evidence will speak for itself. The typical viewer unfamiliar with EU will be more likely to form a negative reaction because of the way the journalists engineered the delivery of that information.

And Im stepping on eggshells here trying to remain respectful, i got nothing against you. Picture someone my age, who never heard about the game.

Now they throw phrases like "spends all his retirement" "played 20 years" "life savings (of $18K)" "GAMBLING".... What would most people think? At that point the beautiful home you live in fades into the background and seems irrelevant.

Id think "Im not doing THAT for 20 years", cause the numbers and the finances dont add up. Idk why you disclosed that kinda info but damage is done.

Id like to see someone going the extra mile to bring platers actually use his full potential and see the results they wanted. Just take a step back and think about how you communicate going forward.

Like I said I appreciate your input but there isn't a reason to be a negative person trying to start up comments. You are still just seeing what you want to see and assuming quite a bit. I even read your comments again and watched it a few more times, I think it is just you having issues. The video only sounds like that when you jumble the words together. It is really cute though and I guess it bumps my thread.

The point of my article was to get Entropia on the news here in the USA and give me a jumping off point for future endeavors. Sure, the article wasn't perfect because the journalist doesn't play or understand the game but it made it across the world. I have players who saw my article in their country translated to their language. I call that a success, the story was good enough to catch more eyes and get a rewrite. Was it perfect, no ofcourse not. What truly would have been though?

I suppose if someone watched the article and didn't pay attention to what it was about or what was actually said they could misinterpret it. However, if someone is too lazy to actually pay attention to what is said in a 2 minute video they probably won't understand the complex mechanics of EU anyways.

Do you think I would have got an interview if I just said "There is this game I play". No, the hook was that I spent my savings on a business and it is profitable online.

Again, thank you and I appreciate your input. If you are so great at telling about Entropia get on out there and do your part before criticism of others. I look forward to seeing what you can do for this game with your fantastic knowledge of journalism!

Last edited:
I

Like I said I appreciate your input but there isn't a reason to be a negative person trying to start up comments. You are still just seeing what you want to see and assuming quite a bit. I even read your comments again and watched it a few more times, I think it is just you having issues. The video only sounds like that when you jumble the words together. It is really cute though and I guess it bumps my thread.

The point of my article was to get Entropia on the news here in the USA and give me a jumping off point for future endeavors. Sure, the article wasn't perfect because the journalist doesn't play or understand the game but it made it across the world. I have players who saw my article in their country translated to their language. I call that a success, the story was good enough to catch more eyes and get a rewrite. Was it perfect, no ofcourse not. What truly would have been though?

I suppose if someone watched the article and didn't pay attention to what it was about or what was actually said they could misinterpret it. However, if someone is too lazy to actually pay attention to what is said in a 2 minute video they probably won't understand the complex mechanics of EU anyways.

Do you think I would have got an interview if I just said "There is this game I play". No, the hook was that I spent my savings on a business and it is profitable online.

Again, thank you and I appreciate your input. If you are so great at telling about Entropia get on out there and do your part before criticism of others. I look forward to seeing what you can do for this game with your fantastic knowledge of journalism!
Your being way too defensive just take his advice… for example that anime pillow put off a very bad vibe on Reddit and most people just mocked you rather than even think about the game.

Your being way too defensive just take his advice… for example that anime pillow put off a very bad vibe on Reddit and most people just mocked you rather than even think about the game.

Thank you for the valid criticism. I regret the freaking house decor and especially that pillow too but it was beyond my time frame to change it. My wife and I enjoy anime and she likes to decorate with what enjoys. It doesn't bug me normally but I can see how it distracted from the interview for sure!

Here is how that whole interview went down:
I had sent out an email to an Austin news company explaining what Entropia Universe is and what I do on the game. How I invested in a land area and had turned it into a profitable business with a decent return on investment rate. I didn't hear anything or get a response for a few weeks.
One day at work I get a call and it is a journalist. She is interested in an interview and happened to be in my area. She had just finished another news interview and wanted to get mine before she drove all the way back home.
It was kind of scary yet exciting to get this call, it seemed like if I didn't take this opportunity for Entropia it would be lost. I was about an hour from clocking out at work and asked if they wouldn't mind waiting.
She accepted and after work I rushed home, took a shower and tried to make myself look as appealing as possible. They were in my driveway immediately! I didn't have time to consider moving decorations to another room but luckily we at least live in a clean house.

Crabbys overly patronising advise wasn't helpful only seemed to be an attempt to deprecate his character and David had every right to be on the defensive, I thought his response was perfect.
Who cares about a fucking pillow, people can have what they like in their own home. The people that seem to have a problem with how other people décor their home should focus on their own issues.

Crabbys overly patronising advise wasn't helpful only seemed to be an attempt to deprecate his character and David had every right to be on the defensive, I thought his response was perfect.
Who cares about a fucking pillow, people can have what they like in their own home. The people that seem to have a problem with how other people décor their home should focus on their own issues.
It’s not my problem I’m just pointing out an example of where even basic media training would have helped in not only his attitude but also his awareness of how people react

Like I said I appreciate your input but there isn't a reason to be a negative person trying to start up comments.

Im not being negative. Im going assume the best which is you came here for feedback. And honest feedback is what I am giving you. How youre gonna perceive that is up to you. So listen up.

The story became...
Texas man who accumulated a life savings of 18K, after playing an online gambling game for 20 years, spends it all on virtual land in that same game. And HOPES to turn a profit from it.

When it couldve been...
Texas man invests 18K of his retirement to purchase virtual land in an online game. With 20 years of experience and knowledge, he has now formulated a plan to turn a profit after 4 years. A move that will continue to generate him income for years to come.

2 very similar things yet with a very different connotation. Because of your choice of words, info, and demeaner. And in the case of words, it only took a few to make that difference.

Youre dead set on blaming them for not understanding and not knowing about EU. But that is what you were there for. To make them understand. And once theyre done talking to you, theyre gonna go ahead and talk about it themselves and on TV... Without you.

If the only positive you manage to take from this is a free bump to your thread, youre not making good use of your resources. Youre 18K invested and youre not acting like it. And its starting to show an underlying intention of contacting the journalists and creating a thread here.

As this person said, you are within your right to take words for only their comfort and validation. Shes spot on right there.

As for wanting to discredit you? I dont benefit. You havent explicitly tried to insult me. So no. Matter of fact I'm telling you to go for it again and ace it.

Theres nothing wrong with what im saying. So a petty someone holding a grudge has to invent that theory smh. Could print those 1K posts on paper and theyd only serve as toilet paper. But like the contents in those posts it wouldnt be ideal and efficient :)

And Im gonna close my statement with one final point I find kinda strange.
No, the hook was that I spent my savings on a business and it is profitable online.
The hook that got most people here is the idea of making income from home. Plain and simple. That same idea is what made drop shipping a popular subject very recently, that same idea is part of the reason cryptos and nfts became popular, that same idea now been used as a tool for companies to attract more quality candidates by way of 'work from home'. That idea has, and will continue to be an interest amongst people. The proper term is invest, so if we replace the word 'spent' with it. It becomes a normal sentence.. Except for the fact that it is a an online video game with real money. That is NOT normal. There is less room for error when you are trying to represent the product (EU) or your service (The LA). The way you set up the hook came off as very.. Wacky to say the least. And that immediately garners negative attention. I mean that shit couldve been 'Florida man'.

So if you can highlight that idea with confidence, speak of your future with conviction and not hope. It becomes a lot harder for someone to assume youre a wacko with unhealthy behavior whos just throwing the dice here. It becomes easier for people to want to look into what this is all about, to come in and play for themselves to try understand more and see where it takes them. I think if you do that, the story will change to a more positive connotation. You will receive more positive feedback from the outside where it matters. And it will have a positive impact on your business and EU as a whole. That will be far more beneficial than any praise anyone can give you here. And it is an outcome that you can accurately use to measure your success and impact in EU.

Media training is a real thing. Go buy a class if you want to be on the news again. End of story. It simply will not be worth trying to be a promoter without taking a media training class

eh take it easy on the guy :) Give him a break.
He's done ok but there is always room for improvement.

I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes and you don't need media training!

eh take it easy on the guy :) Give him a break.
He's done ok but there is always room for improvement.

I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes and you don't need media training!
He does if his plan is to keep getting onto the news.

Back