Known Issues 9.2

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Known Issues 9.2
29 Jan 2008

Server status in Client Loader sometimes displaying incorrect status.
Incorrect textures in Crystal Palace biodome.
Items icons displayed in wrong storage category.
Avatars sinking under ground in PA.
Limited Anti-Materiel Rifles not displaying (L) in name.

Originally Posted Here

What about mob Health increase...sounds like a bug to me....:rolleyes:

Dang I havent even got to play yet and there are already issues!

You would think that things would be tested before rolling out a new VU.

:lolup: oh shit, what was I thinking!

What about the damn lag and persistent CTD's everyone is experiencing????? Fix these first ffs, gimmicks are nice but at least deal with the fundamentals first.!!!!!!
The last VU took stability back 2 years at least..!!!

sinking avatars in itaca too :mad:

sinking avatars in itaca too :mad:

Quick! Go to the thorifoid temple and see if you can sink through the door! :D

Well OK, no, don't exploit bugs :wise:

Glad i'm at work then, let things settle down before i actually login :).

MAfitagain_thumb.jpg

What about the damn lag and persistent CTD's everyone is experiencing????? Fix these first ffs, gimmicks are nice but at least deal with the fundamentals first.!!!!!!
The last VU took stability back 2 years at least..!!!

I am going nuts here with the constant disconnections and crashes to desktop! FFS, how annoying and FRUSTRATING!

I keep getting an error msg saying entropia did not shut down properly, so i cant even log in

Image is too small...can't click the thumbnail....

And while I know some of you are complaining of CTDs and whatnot from the past few weeks, please remember, its VU day. Its to be expected today. And for those of you who feel we're beta testers, for goodness sake, they do test, but its impossible to test with the load of a few thousand users. Computers do mysterious things when you least expect them to. Have patience, quit whining, and although this VU seems like we're moving to Barbie's playhouse, be glad we're getting an update at all. MA is finally sticking to their general update calendar. As stated in the VU Content List, 3/4 of the dev staff are working on CryENGINE2 stuff, and I'd rather get some light VUs for awhile and let them concentrate on the big update coming soon.

For me, the CTD and "did not shut down properly" issues went away after a reboot. Might be some sort or runaway process or something.

Image is too small...can't click the thumbnail....

And while I know some of you are complaining of CTDs and whatnot from the past few weeks, please remember, its VU day. Its to be expected today. And for those of you who feel we're beta testers, for goodness sake, they do test, but its impossible to test with the load of a few thousand users. Computers do mysterious things when you least expect them to. Have patience, quit whining, and although this VU seems like we're moving to Barbie's playhouse, be glad we're getting an update at all. MA is finally sticking to their general update calendar. As stated in the VU Content List, 3/4 of the dev staff are working on CryENGINE2 stuff, and I'd rather get some light VUs for awhile and let them concentrate on the big update coming soon.

Good comment MrWizard, and very true.

However as this is a known issues thread it is a good place for posters to put additional "unknown issues" so that MA can see them ;)

I'm CTDing like mad too, but I was for a while with the last VU so I was expecting it.

Think I'll see whats on telly :computer:

Got another bug for you, knife and axe animations don't work in first person, zoom out and avatars swing the blades.

what about the random CTD's ive been having? and for me it messed up my quickkeys, took off my armor and removed my mindforce implant.. we were trying to do a beacon mission in that area near kingfishers and memorial island.. i couldnt tp out of the land area because it took the implant out :(, so we finally get to the right coords, and they tell me the servers going down :(

Lets hope that when they come back up, they'll be fixed to a semi-usuable state :rolleyes:

took off my armor and removed my mindforce implant

I had the same bug last month, had to do the reimplant myself. Held out for a week or so after raising a support case which took them 5 days to answer and which point they essentially said 'not our problem'.

What about mob Health increase...sounds like a bug to me....:rolleyes:

In reality, it was a bug. Some mobs have always been meant to deal out more damage in some areas (and heal much much quicker than they did), but it has always been a bug that they didnt. This VU, along with future VUs are designed to finally correct this flaw. ...so dont let it be said that MA doesnt fix bugs, just took them a few years to get around to fixing this one. I am sure there are many more bug fixes to come as their financial requirements from the players continue to increase day to day.

In reality, it was a bug. Some mobs have always been meant to deal out more damage in some areas (and heal much much quicker than they did), but it has always been a bug that they didnt. This VU, along with future VUs are designed to finally correct this flaw. ...so dont let it be said that MA doesnt fix bugs, just took them a few years to get around to fixing this one. I am sure there are many more bug fixes to come as their financial requirements from the players continue to increase day to day.

Morg, thanks for the response...but I call Bullshit...I have been a very active member of these forums for many years, and I can honestly say I dont recall anyone talking about a mob not dealing enough damage is a bug....Feel free to point out any post over the past few years that says that or some quote from Marco, and I will stand corrected.

Otherwise, even tho your post makes sense....no actual facts or quotes to support this bug theory.

Regards,

edit...sorry was not aware this was all tongue in cheek...hehe, actually quite funny once it was splained to me...

Last edited:
Wot no Bots??!!!

I was out hunting troopers....good spawn around me when EU freezes on me and i'm left staring at 2 frozen troopers for a few mins b4 i decide to relog....
when i get back on (2mins max) all the bots had gone!!!! i mean just dissappeared....none....and no-one else hunting either!! where did they go? :scratch2:

Morg, thanks for the response...but I call Bullshit...I have been a very active member of these forums for many years, and I can honestly say I dont recall anyone talking about a mob not dealing enough damage is a bug....Feel free to point out any post over the past few years that says that or some quote from Marco, and I will stand corrected.

Otherwise, even tho your post makes sense....no actual facts or quotes to support this bug theory.

Regards,

I think he was just joking. ;) or rather being sarcastic

Regards,

Yes NS, I agree is BS...but I have gotten use to it over the years (found a bottle of TT lube to help the transition over these last couple years). With a touch of sarcasm I was just referring to the BS story MA gave about why they suddenly decreased the Axe1 damage...essentially it had always been bugged (was always meant to do less damage) but it took them a couple years to finally get around to fixing it. However I am sure the real reason they decreased the axe damage is pretty similar to the real rea$on they changed the mobs health.

we were trying to do a beacon mission.. :rolleyes:

Beacon mission.... on the day of a vu .... you sir are much braver than I!

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

roflmao

Back