FYI: LA 17 - M2S - Grand Formidon (Gormidon)

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
Menace to Society is happy to provide fully fertilized Gormidons for your hunting pleasure:

Land Grab Area 17
Coordinates: 34500, 33300
Closest TP: Palms Corner & Nate Valley

gormidons.jpg

Grand Formidon 1 DNA (Gormidons)
grand_formidon.jpg

Maturity: Minimum (As of October 24th)
Numbers: Maximum
50% Cut, 50% Stab
Known Drops: LR59, cb28, Martial Feet, Martial Arms, Stingury Shortblade, ESI

Gradivore 1 DNA
la17_537500.jpg

Maturity: Minimum
Numbers: Maximum
Hardly spawning atm.

Pre VU 10.0
Minerals:
Niksarium
Narcanisum
Azzurdite
Zinc
Blausarium
Lysterium

Enmatters:
Growth Molecules
Oil
Garcen
Magerian

Post VU 10.0
Minerals:

Minerals:

Hunting Tax: 3.9%
Mining Tax: 3.9%

Please notify us if you find minerals or enmatters different to those on this list. Thanks and we hope you enjoy your time hunting the Gormidons.

Last edited:
50% Cut, 50% Stab

I'm not sure where that came from (or rather, I guess you got it from Entropedia, but I'm not sure where that came from), but it's not right. 6a decayed so there must be Penetration (or Burn but that wouldn't make much sense).

That's the only test I've done but without any more info I'd guess they do Stab/Penetration/Impact, same as the little fellas.

Grats on getting a cool 'new' mob :)

I thought it looked suspect too on entropiawiki.com. I'll check it myself and adjust it to the correct ratios. I agree that there is most likely impact in there as well but I never really hunt formidon so I'm mostly speculating. Thanks for your post and if you do get a chance to check it let me know!

Congratulations!

with that nasty critters on the LA not many will mine there anyway...

Nik? never found it there, but i am not sure if theres gold and maybe even Cumbriz too... besides this the list seems to be complete. I cant say anything about enmatter though.

Congrats on the win :)

I probably just didn't understand your post, but are you increasing gradivores too? Just numbers, or maybe maturity too (or at some point?)

I'm not sure where that came from (or rather, I guess you got it from Entropedia, but I'm not sure where that came from), but it's not right. 6a decayed so there must be Penetration (or Burn but that wouldn't make much sense).

That's the only test I've done but without any more info I'd guess they do Stab/Penetration/Impact, same as the little fellas.

Grats on getting a cool 'new' mob :)

Just a point on damage distribution, I got hit, naked, for 184 max, and two people hunting with Jag + 5Bs (54) saying they got hit for 130 max.

I believe entropedia Is correct on this subject. Just my findings though.

Grats on LA aquiring Star. :D

If it is in fact just a combination of stab/cut/penetration then Polaris would be an excellent and extremely cheap armor to hunt them in, since it has high protection in those categories but none for impact. Anyone want to try it out and post how it works? :)

I thought it looked suspect too on entropiawiki.com. I'll check it myself and adjust it to the correct ratios. I agree that there is most likely impact in there as well but I never really hunt formidon so I'm mostly speculating. Thanks for your post and if you do get a chance to check it let me know!

Will do, but I know Jimmy B has been checking them out so he will probably come up with something before me :)

Just a point on damage distribution, I got hit, naked, for 184 max, and two people hunting with Jag + 5Bs (54) saying they got hit for 130 max.

I believe entropedia Is correct on this subject. Just my findings though.

Grats on LA aquiring Star. :D

Jag+5b would give 70 protection if its Stab/Pen/Imp, so not far off the 54 you found, so seems reasonable. If you were naked I'm guessing you didn't take all that many hits :)

Gratz on the LA and new mob Star - went for a run through there earlier and I never seem to have any luck mining in there... I'd like to see bigger Grad's tho...I like the way they prance along after you :)

Gratz on the unusual LA and lol, Gormidons is a terrible name. Grand Formidon sounds almost regal, like they're the rulers of the Calypso wildlife. Gormidon sounds like they live in a swampy rubbish tip. The creature that attacked the Star Wars lot when they rescued Leia and then jumped into the rubbish, they should be called Gormidons, not these elegant beasts.

Anyway, "hmmmmm" I say to 50% Stab, 50% Cut. I will eat yet another hat if that is correct.

If I recall right, I was taking from roughly 15-95 in Polaris+5B when I tried them. Tough going as they miss less than regular Formidon, but I killed them more than they killed me. If Polaris is the right choice, I'd say Gormidon Young is somewhere between Formidon Dom and Formidon Alpha. I'll try testing them properly in a bit, I like Formidons.

I hunted them with Spartacus+5B, Took hits from 1-35 dmg something, it was mostly 1 dmg.

Stab / Cut / Penetration would be my guess.

Nik? never found it there, but i am not sure if theres gold and maybe even Cumbriz too... besides this the list seems to be complete. I cant say anything about enmatter though.

The list of ores posted is from my short run today using vrx2000 and mt2000. Only dropped about 50 of each so very possible there's more there, I got one X nik with my newly aquired oa101 :)

I have a feeling there might be dunkel but that's just a guess.

Mining isn't too bad, the mobs aren't too aggressive and can be weaved thru ok - main problem is the spawns, which caught me out a couple of times.

Oooh.. CB28 you say?

Recently maxed this fine wep, so I'd be delighted to find a source that doesn't involve stampeding into pvp4...

Gratz on the new LA :thumbup:

i was out there mining last week. pretty good land for that and i can confirm i found a few nik and some narc as well. that mobs not so aggressive so should be pretty easy to avoid like slither said.

i look forward giving the grand formidon go when land grab is over.

...i look forward giving the grand formidon go when land grab is over.

I am hoping some of the WoF Support Teams feel the same way ;) Those are indeed Formidons (we get asked a lot if they count) so go nuts all over them.

Curious... is that DNA there to stay..? Or will FPC take it away as stated in the LG Rules/Info?

Gratz on the new mob.

and the LA.

Hope its a good one.

I did a quick test earlier on a Grand Formidon Young. Unplated Ghost decayed 2.951 PEC from one hit, which equates to 33 damage protected.

Ghost protects 33 total in Stab/Penetration/Impact, so it looks like these do those 3 types in some combination or other, same as the normal Formidon.

That particular hit did me another 153.something damage on top of those 33 :eek:

Stats from a decent length hunt with Polaris+5B were min hit 7.5, max hit 95.9 (also 96.6 and 98.6 towards the end, but I broke a piece of L armour so can't be sure they weren't through that). I died a fair bit, but mostly only to crits. So they're doable solo for mid-level players with Polaris.

Oleg tested their damage types and found the damage types to be Impact, Stab, Penetration in as of yet unknown proportions. My figures say no more than 20% Impact though, and I reckon at least 25% Penetration.

Loot wasn't great tonight, just as everyone was telling me about cb28 I got my only global of the night, a shiny lump of coral :D

Jag+5b would give 70 protection if its Stab/Pen/Imp, so not far off the 54 you found, so seems reasonable. If you were naked I'm guessing you didn't take all that many hits :)

I went out about 20 times (not much I know) But 182 or 184 was the highest I got hit.
Doing some fapping on the two people in jab+5b they got max hits for 130 from them youngs, and 138 from matures.

Just helping out. :)

Grats M2S on the new LA.

Stats from a decent length hunt with Polaris+5B were min hit 7.5, max hit 95.9 (also 96.6 and 98.6 towards the end, but I broke a piece of L armour so can't be sure they weren't through that). I died a fair bit, but mostly only to crits. So they're doable solo for mid-level players with Polaris.

Oleg tested their damage types and found the damage types to be Impact, Stab, Penetration in as of yet unknown proportions. My figures say no more than 20% Impact though, and I reckon at least 25% Penetration.

Loot wasn't great tonight, just as everyone was telling me about cb28 I got my only global of the night, a shiny lump of coral :D

In Shadow/5b with Spartacus/5b foot guards I was taking some hits of over 100 damage. The biggest weakness of Shadow is the stab protection, which shows through very obviously on mobs that do LOTS of stab damage (such as Scipulors and Osseocollum). Stab seems to be the black sheep damage type that often gets overlooked, so you should always test a mob with Shadow if you think stab damage is coming into play. Shadow also has lower penetration, so taking that damage on top of stab is extra noticeable.

Didn't crunch a single number, but this is my guess as to what the damage types might be:

50% stab, 25% cut, 25% impact

...or possibly something like...

60% stab, 20% cut, 20% penetration

We need someone to test this mob with Angel armor, since it has 30 stab protection vs Shadow's 23 (I think?).

Just throwing this info out there for those that are better at figuring this stuff out than me. :)

PS, my first Grand Formidon I killed yesterday was a global with an ESI in it. From what I've heard these things can drop ESI pretty frequently.

Didn't crunch a single number, but this is my guess as to what the damage types might be:

50% stab, 25% cut, 25% impact

...or possibly something like...

60% stab, 20% cut, 20% penetration

Honestly, it's Stab/Impact/Penetration, I promise :)

Honestly, it's Stab/Impact/Penetration, I promise :)

I'll take your word for it, Stab/Impact/Penetration it is. Those damages make sense just looking at the mob anyway...Not much on the mob that seems it could "slam into you" that isn't a giant pointy spike. :laugh:

Ok, so now take my word for it that it most likely does a LOT of stab and penetration and not a lot of impact. What could we test with the following conclusions?

- Polaris has no impact protection, but decent stab and high penetration
- Angel has decent impact, good stab, and low penetration
- Shadow has high impact, low stab, and moderate penetration

(stab "ratings" are to scale since stab protection is generally lower than damages like impact and cut on many armors)

EDIT:
I sometimes took very low hits (occasionally 1 dmg) which I'm assuming were absorbed by the Spartacus/5B foot guards.

No matter what the exact damage types, this definitely looks like a Chronicle/Spartacus/Vain mob instead of a Rutuba/Shadow/Angel type.

We need someone to test this mob with Angel armor, since it has 30 stab protection vs Shadow's 23 (I think?).

Don't know if this helps but in Angel + 5b's I had the following...

Young: 18.7 - 98.3
Mature: 26.5 - 98.6
Old: 51.8 - 127.8

No idea on crits as not received any yet but if I do I'll add them :D

:rofl: I spoke too soon... just got a 288.2 crit from a Young

Don't know if this helps but in Angel + 5b's I had the following...

Young: 18.7 - 98.3
Mature: 26.5 - 98.6
Old: 51.8 - 127.8

No idea on crits as not received any yet but if I do I'll add them :D

:rofl: I spoke too soon... just got a 288.2 crit from a Young

If that's true, it's gotta be a LOT of stab damage since that's the only type of protection that Angel beats Shadow in. My damages in Shadow + 5b were a little more than yours, even with Shadow having more penetration and impact.

Ok, so now take my word for it that it most likely does a LOT of stab and penetration and not a lot of impact.

I haven't checked over your figures but normal Formidon do 65% Stab, 13% Impact, 22% Penetration aproximately, so yes, I believe you :)

I haven't checked over your figures but normal Formidon do 65% Stab, 13% Impact, 22% Penetration aproximately, so yes, I believe you :)

I've never looked into what damage types Formidon do, so I would say that looks about dead on.

Just looted an Isis LR59(L) from grand formidon so i've added it to wiki :)

Gz on the clickwar victory, GL taking care of the grand walkings sticks :)

Back