LA 66 - Please spawn the steelbirds lower -

Platform building is no longer feasible anyways.. I tried it the other night.

P.S. Read one page back and the last post..

~Danimal

i did but missed obies post :D

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your report. I have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation and any irregularities found will be adjusted. Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Eddie| Planet Calypso Support

This was the crappy response he cut and pasted for me to read.. he didn't even tell me which website I should stay "tuned" to..

I'm freaking irate right now :) ... read my previous post in this topic. That is NOT an exaggeration either.

~Danimal
Typical. Wellp if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all, so I'll stop here :D

Renting out ML with range enhancers :yup:

doesn't help :(

If you can't see those birds, you can't pull em :(

Anyone know whether the situation has changed so far (just doing some little spiders, but would like to resume that steelbird mission soon)

Angel

Now we just need vision enhancers...

Seriously, this spawn is nothing but aggravation now. It was about one mob per 3-4 minutes running around today, and about half of the ones you encounter spawned "skewered" on a tree over the past week, and will become unreachable the first few times you're sucker enough to fall for that. Time for a spawn reset... and a halfway intelligent spawning algorithm that doesn't place mobs near solid objects or avatars...

Maybe if you fly through them with a quad they will think it's a mama bird and follow you down to the ground. :silly2:
Ya the mama bird trick was the 1st thing i tried :laugh:
But no, steelbird's AI is different, it doesn't aggro your quad even if u fly right into it.

EDIT: Fixed!
When i logged in the first thing i saw was this
fixed.jpg

... the sky's full of steelbirds!

Thanx!

Last edited:
Reactions: aia
Ya the mama bird trick was the 1st thing i tried :laugh:
But no, steelbird's AI is different, it doesn't aggro your quad even if u fly right into it.

EDIT: Fixed!

Thanx!

Great!
I'll go there as soon as I get back from IRL work.

could be more dense/faster respawn, but, beggers can't be choosers :dunno:

could be more dense/faster respawn, but, beggers can't be choosers :dunno:

I was pleased with the new spawn over the previous pathetic spawn.. it allowed me to finish the mission in just under 7 hours time.

~Danimal

wellp, right now the spawn has diminished to something that I'd barely call a spawn :(

Steelbird AI is bugged, it keeps floating upwards, slowly but steadily

Looks like the last time they just manually reset the spawn but the AI bug is still there. Was only a matter of time until the whole spawn went up into space again... :(

Guess that explains why I was doing more running around and searching than I was killing :-/. I'll send a support case when I get home.

I went to look for them and finish my mission today but the're gone.

Only high level molisk's now :(

Yeah, please bring em back... was doing Longtooth first, would enjoy Steelbirds now ;)

Cheers,

Perry

They still spawn but were moved to Hadesheim crater, the new location is in the LA#66 welcome message I believe it is 61685, 84688.

the Crater south of Cape Corinth... but.... they are bugged again...

They still spawn but were moved to Hadesheim crater, the new location is in the LA#66 welcome message I believe it is 61685, 84688.

4 Steelbirds(if that) at a time is hardly what you call a spawn..........

4 Steelbirds(if that) at a time is hardly what you call a spawn..........

if you tried hunting those 4 birds. they respawn instantly in the same place over and over. makes it super easy to finish the mission. stop bitching

reduced to 2 steelbirds at Hadesheim, rest are a bit NE at high altitude (unreachably high), may be they are retreating.....

I think support heard your call, Sissi ... not much after you passed by and put in that support case, the spawn appeared down where i was hunting the 2 respawners ... but the problem isn't fixed so they floated off in the sky again :s

I don't see any steelbirds at the crater or at LA66.

Back