Society
Sweden Web Rangers
Jezper MrTiddles Ivarsson
Prizes:
1st place 150Ped
2nd place 75Ped
3rd place 50Ped

When:
00.01 on 10th of Oktober to 23.59 on 31th of Oktober.

It is that time of the month again, LA43 starts this months event on the 10:th of oktober until 31:st of oktober!

Rulas are easy, just climb the ladder! The ladder is thin at the bottom and getting wider higher up. With other words, the first "step" of the ladder is 2 screenshots with a II (tiny) claim. Step 2 is 3 screenshots with a III (very poor) claim and so on. The claims must be taken in the right order, so you can not post a size III claim that is found before you have found your 2 claim size II. It will not matter what kind of enmatter or ore is posted, all have the same value. You need to take a screenshot of your claim, the open claim dead must be shown with the position page and the map, you also need a timestamp. Post must be made within 24 hours. Last day with in 6 hours!

As a bonus every found of fruit or dung will be counted as 1 claim on the step that you are currently standing. Any finds out of the ordinary will be counted as 2 claims. For a fruit or dung to be valid, take a screenshot while unpicked and a timestamp. Take another screenshot after you have picked up the fruit/dung. This again with a new timestampnot more than 30 seconds later than the first one.

This event is part of The LA43 Great Mining Championship the top positions in this event will get championship points. The player with the most points after the December event will become the LA43 Grand mining champion and win the grand prize. The championship points rewarded is as follow

1st Place 5 championship points
2nd place 4 championship points
3rd place 3 championship points
4th place 2 championship points
5th place 1 championship point

See event thread The LA43 Great Mining Championship event information, standings, stats and prizes.

Last edited:
As long as i am aware there are no spaceships available yet.

I am not really a miner, but this sounds like a fun event, and I might just participate.

Now, for clarification... regarding fruit/rocks.... say, for example, you are on the 5th rung... if I thought this through correctly, you are required to find and post six (6) level VI claims. So, what if I have 2 lv VI claims, and find 4 piles of rocks or fruit? This advances me, or is there a limit on the number of rock/fruit piles you can use per rung? Is it just one, is it < 50%, is it any number?

Thanks for the fun event!!

* as an aside, found my first ever solis beans on your LA a few days ago, so thanks and yay!!! :D

Congratz on the Solis beans, hopefully they will keep on coming ;)

There are no maximum uses of a "bonus" claim per step, so in theory you could win the event with only fruit, stones and dung.

Thanks for the info on the spaceships VeTa, i was hoping they were back though, i miss them!

If there is any questions at all, just ask, i am happy to be of service!

Maybe this is a stupid question...but what's to stop people putting down a heap of stones or whatever, taking a screenie, and claiming they found it on the LA?

jay

Maybe this is a stupid question...but what's to stop people putting down a heap of stones or whatever, taking a screenie, and claiming they found it on the LA?

jay

good point Jay!Whats with these pick up from the ground "highlights" in the last events?i guess most ppl play on low graphics,or window mode,or do smt else meanwhile they mine..This just makes the round slower for no reason :grumble: Me no likey!!

A few modifications have been made in the rules about bonus points. A growing fruit or dung looks different than one that has been put on the ground.

Dont really see why this would make the round slower, does not stop anyone from doing their normal mining.

3,5 hours before we start, good luck!!!

A growing fruit or dung looks different than one that has been put on the ground.

Whats the difference between them ? Because the pre VU10 "butterflies" disappeared anyway and the TT of less then 1k fruit is 0.00 so you cant drop it to the ground, also its hard (impossible) to loot 1k fruit. so problem resolves itself.

if you mouseover any fruit, dung or stones that appear on the ground, it will simply show the name of that fruit, dung or stone. If you mouseover fruit, dung or stones PLACED on the ground, it will show the name AND the number of items in the pile.

Also, as someone pointed out, except for rare finds on CND, fruit, rocks and dung piles found on Calypso tend to be in the low range... meaning 10-150. You simply cannot drop anything in less than a pile of 1000, with regards to the stones, fruit and dung.

Size: Very poor (III)
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
II

II

III

III

III

IV

IV

IV

IV

V

V

V

V

V

Some people like to carpet bomb an area and then go back and drill up their claims. I think you need to stipulate that the finder window is open when screenshots are taken and be checking times on deeds so that people aren't leaving larger finds in the ground and going back for them once they have enough of a smaller one. I'm also with the 'no fruit' crowd.

II
Some people like to carpet bomb an area and then go back and drill up their claims. I think you need to stipulate that the finder window is open when screenshots are taken and be checking times on deeds so that people aren't leaving larger finds in the ground and going back for them once they have enough of a smaller one. I'm also with the 'no fruit' crowd.

yep. That 's exactly what I do(with small claims as well as large) And for a reason. If i deviated frrom a bee-line and went and got my claims out right away, i would get hopelessly confused, and wind up wasting PEDs all over the place by bombing the same place twice (I've tried it
:( ) That's why i asked, before I joined the competition if it was OK to do it this way. The prospect of winning a prize would not be worth the PED wastage otherwise

But, since the deed gives the time remaining, i do believe it's actually impossible to cheat in this way. One can always work out exactly when the claim was actually found. Which is why Mr Tiddles said it was OK to do it this way :)

You want to change it NOW? that looks a rather like gamesmanship:laugh: (j/k, but there is a serious point to be extracted)

jay

Btw, I was gonna dive straight in like everybody else, but decided to drop a few probes on that! chomper LA on the way through. Result: another uber! (2800k ares). That kinda distracted me :laugh:

jay

I don't mind how you mine, I just want to make sure the event is run fairly. You can always take screenshots when the finder window is open like I said. Position info is already on the deed...

The chomper LA used to be a good area before the chompers. I don't go there so much anymore. Gz on your hof. :)

Since you have to show the open claim window with location and time remaining at the same time as a new timestamp is taken it still works to do a carpetbombing. I did go to school and can put 1 and 1 together ;) . But! I prefer it the way Helios is doing it, makes it more easy to see if the claim is valid or not, from the point of where you are standing in the screenshot. If you carpetbomb and go back to the finds later please make sure to have the location visable in the chatwindow aswell, making it more easy to determin if you are in or outside of the LA.

Gratz on the HoF Jay and it seams Helios is of to a good start!

1.Helios step 5.
2.Cecko step 3
3.Petraj step 3

So here is the beggining...

ii

iii

iv

Size: Small (V)

VI

VI

VI

VI

VI

VI

VII

VII

VII

VII

VII

VII

Finally found them, took some time!

V

VI

VII

VIII

VIII

I'm off to a rather slow start, cos got so far then realised I'd forgotten to time-stamp one of my size II claims. This not only invalidated THAt claim, but every later claim too, since I had to find another size II :laugh:

After that, I took a "spare" size II AND a "spare" size III in case of similar errors.(they're on my hard drive...i don't think i need them *squints at her screenies, fretfully*)

jay

SIZE II

SIZE III

SIZE IV

Last edited:
VII

VI

This claim has been posted both in size V and VI, leaving the step with claims in size VI uncomplete. 1 claim size VI is missing. If you have the right claim to put in, please do so. There is also one claim that seams to be out of range in step VII that i will take a closer look on.

Standing right now:

1. Helios step 7, 2 claims VIII
2. VeTa step 5, 5 claims VI
3. Cecko step 5, 0 claims VI
4. Petraj step 4, 0 claims V
5. Jaywalker step 3, 2 claims IV

Back