LA52 mining competition - Mining for Murderers!

well its certainly not because we're not trying. I passed ace flyster the other day mining in there. I've burnt 12 count em 12 freakin amps, including one 107 without a single global. meanwhile ath's and multiple 30k towers are popping up. the loot system is tweaked is my guess.

How often do you get a global/hof in unamped mining on average btw?

I presume you meant me then?

It varies a lot, i hope to global at least every 500-1000 bombs sometimes a lot more, sometimes none

Rgds

Ace

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
HOF

I was hoping for two or three little 55 ped hoffs after the VU but did manage to bring this one home.

Just got back form the trip, will update list now :)

I presume you meant me then?

It varies a lot, i hope to global at least every 500-1000 bombs sometimes a lot more, sometimes none

Rgds

Ace

Yes thank you. I was thinking of changing the event type for next month so you don't have to mine hardcore every day to have a chance. First I wanted to do a point system where x amount of globals and hofs etc gives you a certain amount of points to use in stoicobra hunting service regardless of your position compared to other miners. But I quickly realized that amped vs unamped mining would make it just as uneven as it is now. I can't afford to give out a lot of prizes per global if a lot of people are mining amped. and if you only get a global once every 500-1000 bombs unamped you'd have to go through tens of thousands of bombs before you can get a good sized hunt from the points if I base it on amped miners.

I'm now leaning towards a "ticket" type event where you basically have as much chance to win the first prize as the percentage of total globals you had that month. If you f.e have 30 of 250 total globals you have a 12% chance to win first prize. If someone else wins and you have 30 of 200 globals remaining you have 15% chance to win the second prize and so on. I'll steal the details from neomaven's post using that system. It'll work pretty much exactly like that if I decide to use it next month.
I think it would work well for both amped and unamped miners since mining amped will give you a much greater chance to win but at least you have a small chance even without amps. What do you guys think?

Neomaven said:
Each global posted in this thread will be assigned a number. The first global will assigned the number 0, the next 1, and so on.

Using the modulo function a winner for each prize will be selected based on the Euromillions drawing on December 21st, 2007. The digits from the drawing, in the order they appear on the EuroMillions site, will be combined to form a random number. Then the total number of entries' modulo will be used to determine the winning global entry.

Example: 1267 Globals, winning Euromillions numbers for December 21st: 3 11 25 32 48 5 9

31125324859 Modulo 1267 = 139

In this case, global entry 139 would be the winner.

Prizes will be drawn in descending order (1st place, then 2nd place, then 3rd, then 4th).

The other entries from the winner of the 1st place prize will then be removed from the master list, and the remaining entries will be renumbered accordingly, and a new modulo taken for 2nd prize. The same process will then be used to determine the 3rd and 4th place prizes.

Once an avatar wins a prize, that avatar is ineligible for additional prizes.

1 more point tonight

Just got back form the trip, will update list now :)

Yes thank you. I was thinking of changing the event type for next month so you don't have to mine hardcore every day to have a chance. First I wanted to do a point system where x amount of globals and hofs etc gives you a certain amount of points to use in stoicobra hunting service regardless of your position compared to other miners. But I quickly realized that amped vs unamped mining would make it just as uneven as it is now. I can't afford to give out a lot of prizes per global if a lot of people are mining amped. and if you only get a global once every 500-1000 bombs unamped you'd have to go through tens of thousands of bombs before you can get a good sized hunt from the points if I base it on amped miners.

I'm now leaning towards a "ticket" type event where you basically have as much chance to win the first prize as the percentage of total globals you had that month. If you f.e have 30 of 250 total globals you have a 12% chance to win first prize. If someone else wins and you have 30 of 200 globals remaining you have 15% chance to win the second prize and so on. I'll steal the details from neomaven's post using that system. It'll work pretty much exactly like that if I decide to use it next month.
I think it would work well for both amped and unamped miners since mining amped will give you a much greater chance to win but at least you have a small chance even without amps. What do you guys think?

Definitely sounds interesting, but not sure it would encourage more people to mine there or not. Really really hard to judge.

At the moment most people attracted there as it is are people using decent amps and finders. As you can see from the screen shots.

Another idea to consider maybe to reduce the amount of points a hof and tower gets. As it is now, if someone in the top three gets a tower, the others probably wouldnt bother making much more effort to win.

Reducing the amount of points to gain in hofs and towers would make it more competitive for none amp users. (I would like to add that i am not dissapointed here, cause i cannot use amps at the moment, it was my choice lol)

That may help peeps with less peds to spend, ie cannot wack on a massive amp and go there. Would be more open to more miners.

They only thing about what you descibed above, is it is more like a lottery, and personally i dont like that so much myself

Just my 2pecs

Regards

Ace

Hi there

you could make another Z-game type event. Like the one in Star´s LA.

Is very well balanced for ampers and non ampers. Since non ampers will find more claims (but smaller) that can be used to fill the card and ampers will find less claims (but bigger). At the end, a single lucky global in the right coordenates can define the winner.

Also add a prize to the first person that fills the whole card :D.

The letters could be: F A B L D

Frigulite - Force nexus
Adomasite - Acid root - Angelic grit
Blausariam
Lanorium
Dianum - Devil´s tail (Chalmon)

And use the Zanderium or Valurite as the Bonus (not sure which one is the rarest)

Yes I don't like a lottery type event much myself but didn't see any other possibility to give non ampers a chance.
The event type in Jenna's area looks pretty good for a mining area, but it doesn't seem like he's getting that many participants.
It might be better to have next month very similar to this but with the addition of a "mini-game" that would be more suitable for unamped miners, something along the lines of Jenna's Bingo event but different. The prizes won't be quite as good as the main event, as I guess most of the taxes come from amped miners. But I think I can make it worth the while for unamped miners that want a chance to get a little bonus.

HOF

HOF

I just thought I'd remind everyone that the event ends in 3 days, not at the end of the month.
After that I will figure out how to balance the event for next month and start again the 1st of march.

1 very expensive point!

The last stretch now, event ends at noon tomorrow. Only 14 hours left!

this should tie it up unless hojlund is sandbagging! ;)

it would be nice if you sold sweat and dung to lighten the load!

HOF

What a run to finish of the event :) GL all

RELICS:yay:

I doing fine till hojlund breezes in and pops that frickin HOF less than an hour remaining! gratz :laugh:

Found the lost global from yeasterday...

Thank you for the fight Shiek was a close one :)

Hope to meet you again on the mineralfields..

Thank you for the fight Shiek was a close one :) Hope to meet you again on the mineralfields..[/QUOTE said:
It was fun just to run with the big dogs for a while! I enjoyed it.
I think some soccies got into it with me, note this screenie of my last global taken before you hoffed. notice the premature exuberance of my mate! It's good to know you have peeps pulling for you ;) :laugh:

It was fun just to run with the big dogs for a while! I enjoyed it.
I think some soccies got into it with me, note this screenie of my last global taken before you hoffed. notice the premature exuberance of my mate! It's good to know you have peeps pulling for you ;) :laugh:

Haha i am glad i couldnt see your soc chat after i hit the HOF :)

Looks like we're done for this month then :)
Thank you all for participating and congratulations to the winners!

Unfortunately there were some changes to the team system in 9.4.1 which forced me to put the hunting service on hold. Give me a few days to get an answer from support, and if it's not a good one I'll give out the prizes as cash instead.

it would be nice if you sold sweat and dung to lighten the load!

I only have one shopkeeper so far so not sure if I'll be able to fit it. Have room for 20 stacks.
But what would be a good size for sweat and dung stacks?

Back