Lag make u drag wrong item in the TT?

dotc0m

Stalker
Hi,

Tonite i was doing a quick repair and selling tt junk at the terminal.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br] U can see in the picture that i did two consecutive sell because 1 stack wasnt sold... then took a few second to realise what happened... interesting enuff the spike occured near 5:55:55

Sold all my stuff as normal and then 1 stack of ammo was left so i drag it and push sell but when i dragged i got a lag spike and SERVER ended up dragging my expensive amplifier in the terminal instead.

But i saw the ammo stack being dragged and dropped... I saw it, and by the time i moved my mouse over the sell button something might had happened...

Because i clicked sell and confirm cause 'hey, who verify how much ammo you sell' , i just dragged the ammo i saw it myself, so yes i confirmed, despite i do check everything normally, i had just did on the previous sell but didnt do it for the remaining only item left, cause i repeat, i had just dragged the remaining ammo stack i saw it myself, so yes i confirmed, despite i do check everything normally ...i saw the confirm window, 1line yeah ok, yes... then look at my inventory and ammo still there... AHH NOT THAT BUG AGAIN i say(where u sell something and it doesnt work) then i notice something else was missing...

Problem is the server changed what i had dragged with a expensive amplifier i use. And that now i lost it, and its not my fault really.

Its not normal that i dragged my ammo stack, see the drag animation, release mouse, go over sell button and meanwhile suddendly its something else that appear there. My mouse didnt start over my amp, and its not the amp i seen dragged in the window...

Did it happened to you for the same reason?

I filled a support case i will keep you informed about this i wish MA is more willing to recover item since the bugs with VU10 are more common. I run a very good card and i still get those lag sometime.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sold all my stuff as normal and then 1 stack of ammo was left so i drag it and push sell but when i dragged i got a lag spike and i ended up dragging my expensive amplifier in the terminal. which was sold because wrong item got dragged in the terminal.

Did it happened to you for the same reason? I filled a support case i will keep you informed about this i wish MA is more willing to recover item since the bugs with VU10 are more common. I run a very good card and i still get those lag sometime.

Pay attention to what you are doing... and that will not happen...

Reactions: SHY
booklyn : not much ppl like you on this forum cause you are a troll but sometime what you post are not bad. this time its bad.

I did take attention, never did such mistake in the last 5years im playing this game. With new VU10 you can get the bug i explained. i got it a few time but could cancel it before.

just go and drag item u dont want in the tt and hit sell and then realise the lag dragged the WRONG ITEM. but u did push sell to sell the other item u dragged. its not cool. but u are bound to your own opinion. but saying i didnt took attention is wrong.

I dragged my stack of ammo and pushed sell. Game caugh up on the lag and decided i dragged my amp instead. BUG to me! this post is to know if other ppl got that bug too.

On my poor performance computer i have similar problems, but it is usually when i drag something to a refiner i end up dragging a hp-bar of storageterminal.
When dragging something to TT i have been soooo carefull from the beginning, doing all slow-mo. Hope you get a solution to this dot, maybe alter your click-drag cycle?

well, send a support case... and see what they say :eek: (sry for you)

and now you, and we, know that this bug does exist... so we can check the "are you really sure?"-list an extra time before we click "ok" :wise:

Yes it happens to me as well, from time to time.

Fortunately, only when sorting stuff in Inventory / Storage, not repairing or TT'ing, so no major issue so far. Finger crossing.

GL with support case, I gave-up reporting bugs for some weeks as it seemed my cases were not taken in account. :(

I am also having some trouble when moving things from inventory to storage or TT, so I am extra careful when TTing things.

Cheers :beerchug:

booklyn : not much ppl like you on this forum cause you are a troll but sometime what you post are not bad. this time its bad.

I did take attention, never did such mistake in the last 5years im playing this game. With new VU10 you can get the bug i explained. i got it a few time but could cancel it before.

just go and drag item u dont want in the tt and hit sell and then realise the lag dragged the WRONG ITEM. but u did push sell to sell the other item u dragged. its not cool. but u are bound to your own opinion. but saying i didnt took attention is wrong.

I dragged my stack of ammo and pushed sell. Game cough up on the lag and decided i dragged my amp instead. BUG to me! this post is to know if other ppl got that bug too.

Don't shift the focus to whether some people like me or not...

Let's focus on your decision based on this premise... If you knew about the bug and had problems before... why did you hit the sell button and the confirmation button that tells you exactly, in words, what you are selling... so you were not paying attention and acting irresponsibly and carelessly… knowing full well that there might be a problem due to lags...

And then come on the forum with lines like... "I wish MA is more willing to recover item since the bugs with VU10 are more common"... as a way to suggest that MA if it doesn't return your item… they are not favorably responding to bug and lag issues…

My personal opinion is you are trying to use the lag problem to cover your mistake… which you fail to acknowledge and which has nothing to do with bugs or lag but everything to do with your inattention to taking proper notice and care of your items and their disposal. This inadvertent selling of valued objects has happened before any of the bug or lags of VU10 or 9 for that matter and that is why there is a confirmation button for each sale… that asks are you are sure you want to sell the item...

Last edited:
Yeah happened to me the other morning, wasn't lag though, was just too early in the morning and hadn't had my coffee. Wasn't till a couple hours later after a hunt and heavy from a decent loot, went to push my tp chip hotkey and wondered why nothing was happening.... was pretty gutted, had a long slow walk back.

very bad luck mate, has happened to me before... a few times, but luckily I only ever sold 1 thing by accident like that ( only an a102 but it mean't alot to me at the time ).

Was totally my fault though because I never used to read the list in the confirmation box. Ever since then I scroll through and read it quickly before accepting.

Hi,

Sold all my stuff as normal and then 1 stack of ammo was left so i drag it and push sell but when i dragged i got a lag spike and i ended up dragging my expensive amplifier in the terminal. which was sold because wrong item got dragged in the terminal.

Did it happened to you for the same reason? I filled a support case i will keep you informed about this i wish MA is more willing to recover item since the bugs with VU10 are more common. I run a very good card and i still get those lag sometime.

You can have it restored though, for 1k ped + tt value.

Hi,

Sadely there is not much hope you will get it without paying 1000 ped fee as I'm 100% certain the story you tell is true we cant prove it to god and MA, oh they are the same when it concerns EU, so I think either pay or I would be very surprised about the double standard in EU once again.

Quotes from my Support cases:

Protokoll für Supportfall 149635

2008-09-14 11:38 Du schriebst:

I'm missing a Omegaton A104 Amp.

I'm 100% sure I had it yesterday in my Inventory and I am 100% sure I did not TT it as I'm allways check twice if there is another item than ammo etc. I throw into TT.

Please could you check why it is gone.

Thank you.

PS: I'm 100% sure that I never ever TT'ed a Amp and they have totally different pictures than ammo so I'm 100% certain I never TT a Amp, especially not a A104.

2008-09-15 15:14 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

We can confirm that you sold an A104 to a Trade Terminal at 2008-09-13 18:16:57 (MA time).
At the same time you sold some ammo and some Animal Oil residue.

We can now recreate items accidentally sold to the TT, but we take out a administrative fee of 1000 PED + the TT value of the item sold.

Do you want us to do this?

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

2008-09-16 18:20 Du schriebst:

I should trust your Log files?

I never ever moved a A104 to Trade Terminal only Ammo and other crap I looted. Most certainly it was a glitch in your software as there are many in it. Why should I trust a logfile witch not can show the bugs like killing myselve in PvP area with my own Fap? This Bug for example was introduced by MA in a VU end of last year and although a lot of users of your service told it to you you still where not able to correct it. Even with all the given information how to circumvent it when it happens how it happens that it happens when using hotkey etc. you where still not able to correct it.
How can you tell me this bug with wrong Item displayed to client when putting things into TT is not also a fault in your software?

Does this mean I have to take every time a screenshot when I put something into TT with date and time or will you then also trust your logfies more than my screenshot? As you are not able to correct other many times mentioned bugs I consider this a bug in your system witch let the user of your service see something else than your database records.
Seams to be something similar as the bug where you damage yourselve while fapping. It seams that the client uses a item or I drag a item to TT and your database thinks I use/drag another item.

As long as you consider a logfile witch obviously records wrong data as prove for such things I think you have to at least trust the users of your service as much as your logfile or do you trow 40 US$ into trash bin daily?

PS:

I certainly will not spend 1000 ped to recover a low TT item with maybe 400 ped markup.
It was obviously not in any way a try to get some peds because the item had below 1 Ped value.

Conclusion:

As long as you bring only a faulty logfile as prove for this I consider your logfile is wrong and not me. I am therfore hope to find soon the missing A104 amp in my storage again.

Once again I thank you a lot for your cooperation and wish you a nice Day.

2008-09-17 21:43 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

We believe it is necessary to explain how we work:

The members of the support department do not solve software bugs and errors. Our main task is to offer technical assistance and to pinpoint the cause of bugs and errors reported (whether the cause is user or software related). Once we have tested and verified the issue as software related, all vital information is forwarded to the relevant team in our organization. Unless we need more information from the user to locate the cause, we close the case since we cannot offer an ETA for a solution. The issues are investigated by the design team and fixed according to their priority.

In this process, the support dept. can highlight a problem (if reported by many users) and thereby increase the priority to achieve a faster solution. Therefore it is important to report all bugs and errors. We keep statistics on all reported issues. If the issue is only reported by one user, it will not be highlighted as a universal problem and consequently given a lower priority.

Since VU 9.0 we implemented an extra window that prompts you to confirm your sale to the TT (with a list of the items you want to sell). It's up to each participant to carefully inspect this list and make sure that they do not sell anything by accident.

As you do not want to use our service to restore items sold to the Trade Terminal we will now close this case.

Thank you for your patience and participation in the Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

Protokoll für Supportfall 149897

2008-09-18 12:32 Du schriebst:

re: 149635

1) I allways check the screen and the text what I sell and there was never a Omegaton A104 in the list.

2) To use a logfile as prove for your statement when it oviously not even reports things like avatars killing themselve with their own Healing tool in PvP areas then this logfile is not worth the bytes it uses on harddrives as a prove for this case.

3) If your programmers cant correct a error they introduced around 10 months ago it tells a lot about their skills and how much you can trust a logfile.

4) There where many many more persons in EU who found out that they lost something suddenly and you allways come up with it was traded to TT. With so many times this happening it may be not your customers at fault but maybe your software has a glitch witch your programmer did not catch up to now.

5) I swallowed a lot of losses incured by bugs from MA's side, like too high decay on armor after a VU, Mobs where not able to damage because they thought they are trapped, decay on armor and Fap because the "The item is busy" line apears 50 times and you get hit by the mob and are not abel to kill him and so on and so on, in my nearly 4 years in EU I had to endure roughly 50 times errors implemented by MA because of poor testing of the changes and to swallow the losses but not this time.

6) If you are not returning the amp in question to my inventory I will continue my playing style I started two days ago at least until end of this year. You have the logfiles and you can easily that instead of hunting I will now start each day I play EU with one hour of sweating or at least until I get 500 bottles of sweat. If I have some time lest after I may continue to hunt some but it will not work every day.

7) i never asked support to correct software bugs but to support your customers and help them if they have problems

8) Maybe the system of restoring TT items was abused but certainly not by the majority of the people complaining about a lost item and certainly not when you say I have TT'ed a broken A104 witch in no way would be a good thing and witch I never did.

9) I am 100% sure it is the same problems witch leads your database to think players TT items they never dragged to the TT as your Database thinks that I have a gun in hand when I'm fapping myselve and therfor instead of giving me positv health deducts health from my Avatar.

10) can you give me only one reason I would have trown away 40US$? And a A104 looks asolutely not like ammo or Oil's so this you can also rule out as a reason for this to have happened.

11) as you allways say you go by number there are obvously a lot of other users of your service witch complained about the same thing, loss of a item, so when you will solve this bug? Or do you think all the users of your service throw away regularly valuable items or is it not at least also a possibility that a bug in your client-server software/communiocation witch is the culprit for this problem?

I once again want to thank you in advance for solving this problem/bug and looking forward to find my Amp again in my storage.

Regards and have a nice Day

Marcel Meier a customer of your Company

PS: if you make a quick calculation about my playing style bevor this incidence and after you will soon find out that it will amounts very fast to more than 1000 ped lesser decay generated by my Avatar. This is only a Information about the consequences of my changed playing style and nothing more at all.

17 Sep 2008 Entropia-Support:
Hi,

We believe it is necessary to explain how we work:

The members of the support department do not solve software bugs and errors. Our main task is to offer technical assistance and to pinpoint the cause of bugs and errors reported (whether the cause is user or software related). Once we have tested and verified the issue as software related, all vital information is forwarded to the relevant team in our organization. Unless we need more information from the user to locate the cause, we close the case since we cannot offer an ETA for a solution. The issues are investigated by the design team and fixed according to their priority.

In this process, the support dept. can highlight a problem (if reported by many users) and thereby increase the priority to achieve a faster solution. Therefore it is important to report all bugs and errors. We keep statistics on all reported issues. If the issue is only reported by one user, it will not be highlighted as a universal problem and consequently given a lower priority.

Since VU 9.0 we implemented an extra window that prompts you to confirm your sale to the TT (with a list of the items you want to sell). It's up to each participant to carefully inspect this list and make sure that they do not sell anything by accident.

As you do not want to use our service to restore items sold to the Trade Terminal we will now close this case.

Thank you for your patience and participation in the Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

2008-09-19 15:16 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

You keep bringing up the FAP issue in PVP, this has nothing to do with this case. Every transaction occurring in the Entropia Universe is recorded and the logs are absolute. We, as the technical support for Entropia Universe, can only relay what the logs show and if the logs show that an item has been sold to a TT then it HAS been sold to a TT, period.

You may doubt the logs if you feel that's what you want to do, but that is not going to help your case in any kind of way.

As we have already given you the information we can regarding this case we will now close it.

We would like to recommend Nea's Place for the sweating, it's great there.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

So if you did not run Fraps while working with the Trade terminal or had a lawyer looking at your screen there will be close to 0% chance you will get your amp back without paying the ransom to MA.

PS: i'm 99% certain that the kill yourself bug is still in EU after VU10

I dragged my stack of ammo and pushed sell. Game caugh up on the lag and decided i dragged my amp instead. BUG to me! this post is to know if other ppl got that bug too.

It has happened to me as well. My impfap was almost TT:ed when I was dragging a used amp in TT. I can guarantee that the fap didnt show graphically being dragged to TT ! It was suddenly just in there. Fortunately i noticed that TT value was far to high from what I had expected so I aborted the sale.

And noone listens to Brooklyn anymore so dont give him any attention ;)

I'd say, the problem introduced in VU 10.0 is that the confirmation window for the TT is too small; it only shows the 2 top items.

I have dragged loot to see the total tt but usualy put it back in the inventory
exept for yesterday when I by mistake sold three basic assassment units I was saving for future craftings :D

This would never happen if you can mark items to be untradable.

I too have had about a half a dozen instances where the item I dragged wasn't the one that dropped, but was always fortunate to catch it. That didn't start happening until VU10.

Did it happened to you for the same reason?

The question is clear - have you accidentally TT'd something due to lag.

Your response does not address the question. It is also inflammatory saying the OP does not pay attention.

When to give negative reputation

If you find a post that is clearly off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair, you should let the poster know this with a negative reputation comment, with reasons why you think the post in question was objectionable. In all cases, reputation comments are subject to the same forum rules as public posts

Therefore, negative rep to you Brooklyn.

Hi,

YES!!! This happened to me after VU 9.0 came out. No amount of writing, explaining etc would get them to give me the item back even though it was due to LAG!. After Squall TT'ed his unlimited ore amp they then made it so you can 'purchase' your item back for 1k peds if you write a support case. YES the item that THEIR DAMN BUGS TOOK!!!!!!

At least you can buy it back and I hope is worth it.
GL!

Let's focus on your decision based on this premise... If you knew about the bug and had problems before... why did you hit the sell button and the confirmation button that tells you exactly, in words, what you are selling... so you were not paying attention and acting irresponsibly and carelessly… knowing full well that there might be a problem due to lags...

I'd have to agree... even on a laggy computer, there's a confirmation box. If you ignored it and did not read what that box said, that's completely your fault. If you want MA to pull the thing out of the TT for you, use their service, even though it will cost you. Think of this as a learning lesson, and don't do this sort of thing again. Pay attention to what you are doing. You are playing with stuff that has real world cash value since the ped is tied to the dollar. In the long run, it might be smart for you to think about upgrading the hardware you use to access the virtual world so that your computer isn't as laggy.

Also, don't participate in EU if you are tired, or drunk. I once TTed a full set of ghost armor because I was low on peds and thought that buying a rustic slo bp was a good idea... This was back in the vu when those just came out... big, huge mistake. Just as I have learned from my mistakes, you have the potential to do similar now... Learn and live, and move on. Don't hold a grudge against yourself for making a mistake. Don't hold a grudge against MA for having the TT machine. Don't hold a grudge against Brooklyn or me for posting in this thread. Holding a grudge and feeling sorry for yourself is a silly thing to do and will just drive you in to depression. Don't worry. Be happy... and learn from your mistakes. Optimism may be difficult for you now, but in the future, you are likely to look back at your mistake and laugh. ;)

The question is clear - have you accidentally TT'd something due to lag.

Your response does not address the question. It is also inflammatory saying the OP does not pay attention.

Therefore, negative rep to you Brooklyn.

That's pretty stupid. Of course this can't happen to you if you pay attention since you have to confirm the sale. Always double check what you are TTing and such a mistake is close to impossible (unless there ain't any new bugs not showing items in this list). Don't know what's wrong with brooklyns post but it seems to be something personal between you and her. Way to go, Kindergarten.

Mastermesh, GRUDGE GRUDGE GRUDGE (j/k :D)

To the OP - You're boned. 'nuff said.

Biggest understatement of the year =p

Anyway, i think think dot is saying be abit more constructive when it comes to discussing about his issue...

Just like how MA/FPC make the mistake of causing all these major bugs and problems... players can make mistakes too ;) You say that most of the people on forum are unachievers because they keep complaining and trolling on negative posts about the game. You're doing the same thing coming up with a frivolous comment with dot.

More to the point though. Lag spikes aren't necessarily his fault now is it. I think you may be able to get you amp back, but there may be a fee, just like as in sqaulls case.

Last edited:

If only you could see my user CP :yay: The only reason why i'm on 4 rep bars is cuz i always talk out against your distorted views... which unfortunately consists of 95% of your posts :(

To OP A105? Dante? Anywho, i'm sure this will get sorted since similar cases have arised before and been resolved by MA.

edit: ah i see a104, gl anyway

If only you could see my user CP :yay: The only reason why i'm on 4 rep bars is cuz i always talk out against your distorted views... which unfortunately consists of 95% of your posts :(

To OP A105? Dante? Anywho, i'm sure this will get sorted since similar cases have arised before and been resolved by MA.

edit: ah i see a104, gl anyway

Yes since xxSquals Amp they are sorted out by MA in the stile of pay 1000Ped + TT to get your item back

This may happen to evryone... and you can pay attention how much you want , one day you will have an item TTed...
Fact is after 5 year playing , one day , one of my item did disapear... after long speaking with suport , they told me i did TT it...The most obscur is , the suport initially was saying i did trade my item... so i did ask with who i did trade it, they reply they dont give information about other player...since i did explain them the trade was evolving myself , and i am the one that did trade , they will not disclose any personal information , so they have to tell me with who i traded that item... finally they told me i tted it.and i can sit on it..after some month , the squalixx amp happen so i could ask my item back for 1k ped...

also , many people did report a problem during lag pick , where they TTed something they never did put in TT...Its not a isolate case , and its a old problem...

OP never mentioned the confirmation box.

What happened when it came up?

Even though the item sitting in the TT at this stage was probably still displaying itself as ammo or whatever...I'm sure the item listed in the confirmation box said "Omegaton A104"

If it listed your ammo but sold the amp then you would have a leg to stand on, but your leg would need a screenshot

A part fix

I once TT 4k of sweat well before vu 9

since then I always drag stuff I want (guns,amps,sweat etc) well down the inventry and leave stuff that I wish to TT at the top . before I sell or trade anything !

it is much harder to get "lag drop" when the wanted items are not close to each other .

also any "newly looted" item go into the top and less likely to get mixed in with wanted stuff .

I always take a quick look before pressing confirm .

it is easy to automaticaly press confirm if your a little tired , or the phones rings , a dog barks you name it .

2008-09-19 15:16 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

You keep bringing up the FAP issue in PVP, this has nothing to do with this case. Every transaction occurring in the Entropia Universe is recorded and the logs are absolute. We, as the technical support for Entropia Universe, can only relay what the logs show and if the logs show that an item has been sold to a TT then it HAS been sold to a TT, period.

You may doubt the logs if you feel that's what you want to do, but that is not going to help your case in any kind of way.

As we have already given you the information we can regarding this case we will now close it.

We would like to recommend Nea's Place for the sweating, it's great there.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

Sorry, just have to lol at this. :laugh:

Good ol' Nea's, even MA likes it. :silly2:

Back