Lag

paincake

Hatchling
I just downloaded this game. I am very eager to play it, but it seems to be lagging immensely. It's not so much that the game is going slow, but more like my frames per second are really low. I've tried every setting on the options menu, but I was wondering if others encountered this. It's like my frame of references (the world) keeps jumping back and forth into and out of the screen. It's really irritating. Anyone know a fix?

Could you please list your computer's hardware specifications for us :D

Would help us help you, since EU isn't designed to run on a 386.

I just downloaded this game. I am very eager to play it, but it seems to be lagging immensely. It's not so much that the game is going slow, but more like my frames per second are really low. I've tried every setting on the options menu, but I was wondering if others encountered this. It's like my frame of references (the world) keeps jumping back and forth into and out of the screen. It's really irritating. Anyone know a fix?

If i understand this correctly then it is not lag.

Most probably you have a dual core AMD CPU with old drivers (you can confirm this by pressing ctrl-alt-del and in processes tab right clicking on entropia.exe and setting cpu affinity to just 1 core).

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/P...uct=2.1.2&contentType=Tech Download Processor

Install the latest CPU driver and Dual Core Optimizer too.

The real lag is most often caused by slow connection and long distance to servers.

Otherwise the usual suspects:
Restart your PC
Close all other programs
Run full screen (NOT in a window)
Decrease the antialiasing
Make sure windows is not downloading an update
Don't stream music from Internet at the same time

Back