Lanas Mining Blogg - MA hates me.

Lana

Guardian
Society
Temporal Destinies
Lana Manjana Lullaby
Hallo Folks.

Just my small Mining BLOGG from F.O.M.A me mining small scale ;)

Ill be using:
TT Extractor
Orefinder-105

Run 1. :eyecrazy:

Bombs - 105 PED
Decay - 2.25
TT return 58.23
TT with MU: 66.68
Total - 43,57

He he what a "#"%&# run, i think MA did destroy mining. My hit rate was 3.81 %
(Yes i Know the part about "everything is Dynamic" i am a MA FanBoy bla bla bla. :wise:)
Still a better hit rate then my Epic run, with 87 Nerfs in a row.:scratch2:

Well anyway lets see how F.O.M.A will do the next run....

My hit rate was 3.81 %
(Yes i Know the part about "everything is Dynamic" i am a MA FanBoy bla bla bla. :wise:)
Still a better hit rate then my Epic run, with 87 Nerfs in a row.:scratch2:

Well anyway lets see how F.O.M.A will do the next run....

That's a typical hit rate for FOMA and Hell. You'll have to drop a LOT more bombs there than on planet to reach your nice 95% TT return.

Edit: maybe I should explain. These areas use MA's "indoor mining" logic makes each claim larger and the search radius smaller, but it also makes the claims rarer. So 3-5% hit rate is normal there while you see a 25-30% hit rate planetside. In both cases, the LONG TERM (5k ped for planet, 30k for FOMA) TT return on probes used should be equivalent (close to 100%, minus tax).

Last edited:
Don't whine about poor hit rates or returns on your runs, if you really think ~100 drops on foma is a good idea.

Run 2

Did do a little run with 150 Probes. I am starting to get the hit rate i normal get on F.O.M.A, a little higher guess i was a bit lucky.
By the way i dont need peeps to tell me how F.O.M.A works, more or less did all my mining on F.O.M.A for the last 4 Years, I am just on a small Budget at the moment.

Still feel free to Speak your mind :lolup:

Run 2. :tongue2:

Bombs - 150 PED
Decay - 3.40
TT return 193,41
TT with MU: 21,97
Total + 61,98
(Hitrate 7.06%)

Total for all runs : + 18.41

on that small amount of drops i m actually surprised u manage to pull out that much nice returns.. Anyways good luck ;)

P.s. My best/worst streak is 310 nrf's in a row:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

on that small amount of drops i m actually surprised u manage to pull out that much nice returns.. Anyways good luck ;)

P.s. My best/worst streak is 310 nrf's in a row:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

For the most part my runs will be like 100 Ped, to 300 Ped. Dont relly have the time for long runs ;)

310 nrf's in a row is just sick....

For the most part my runs will be like 100 Ped, to 300 Ped. Dont relly have the time for long runs ;)

310 nrf's in a row is just sick....

nah its not sick its just "dynamic loot" lol

dynamic my as

been up there for 5 years mining with amps and without never got my ath so noo damn dynamic they say it is

That's a typical hit rate for FOMA and Hell. You'll have to drop a LOT more bombs there than on planet to reach your nice 95% TT return.

Edit: maybe I should explain. These areas use MA's "indoor mining" logic makes each claim larger and the search radius smaller, but it also makes the claims rarer. So 3-5% hit rate is normal there while you see a 25-30% hit rate planetside. In both cases, the LONG TERM (5k ped for planet, 30k for FOMA) TT return on probes used should be equivalent (close to 100%, minus tax).

Maybe this was the case during summer, when we had, more or less, boring mining. After last VU, MA gave us old mining system back. I didn't have much time in this month for mining, but after 5.4 K ped droped, I am on 81% tt return, on planet, so I don't beleive that even on 10K ped I will be near 90%. :wise:

Maybe this was the case during summer, when we had, more or less, boring mining. After last VU, MA gave us old mining system back. I didn't have much time in this month for mining, but after 5.4 K ped droped, I am on 81% tt return, on planet, so I don't beleive that even on 10K ped I will be near 90%. :wise:

I dont believe old mining system is back. In old system i culd get over 90% return after 5k - 8k drops but now i have done over 23k drops and still struggling at 76.4% return..

I see the same signs... Im at 70% tt return the last 2-3weeks

I just go to Foma with 1 105 amp, then 99 % of the time I get a 600++ ped hof. So I usually get 200 % return or more.

I have two domes I always mine in :) Thats it, rest sux.

Thing about mining is being very good at keeping logs and ofc dropping bombs so you can cover a area almost 100 %.

If u run around random S to N / N to S. U have a high chance of following a path that has just been mined.

I see the same signs... Im at 70% tt return the last 2-3weeks

but the gamblers that were crying on the forum about mining being boring with steady returns must be happy now right? so MA cant win, they listen to the gamblers or those that left because of bad average returns?

Mining foma is a mistake 99% of the time, period. Whoever says otherwise suffers from a serious case of "gamblers falacy".

Mining planetside feels bad to me lately. For the last couple of months i've been getting an average of 76% return, and then a bigger claim comes and balances up to to the 90%.

I'm currently sitting on a few hundred dollar loss and would definitly like to know what is the highest tt loss someone suffered and it's % before they saw a return.

Also i'm getting an average of 122% markup and using only level 5 amps.

Just a quick answer, but I run a mining company so I see the precise returns of many different players. No I'm referring to the current situation, not the V-claim loot of a few months ago. Currently, most players by the time they have cycled 2-4k ped have reached close to their 95% if not higher. I can't vouch for different mining techniques as they're not all equal. Older players may go through slumps at times.

Just a quick answer, but I run a mining company so I see the precise returns of many different players. No I'm referring to the current situation, not the V-claim loot of a few months ago. Currently, most players by the time they have cycled 2-4k ped have reached close to their 95% if not higher. I can't vouch for different mining techniques as they're not all equal. Older players may go through slumps at times.

Hey Neil.

Are you talking unamed or amped mining? 2-4k ped unamed is a lot of drops and a lot of hours of work. Through this week i cycled 10k and another 10k ped last week and am sitting on 77% tt return overall. I'm getting a decent hitrate on rares and overall mu is pretty decent, but i never went this long without averaging out.

Hey Neil.

Are you talking unamed or amped mining? 2-4k ped unamed is a lot of drops and a lot of hours of work. Through this week i cycled 10k and another 10k ped last week and am sitting on 77% tt return overall. I'm getting a decent hitrate on rares and overall mu is pretty decent, but i never went this long without averaging out.

Unamped. These days if you don't make enough drops to get the HOFs and globals, you will only get 75-80% TT return. Which I think is more or less the way it was when I started playing 2.5 years ago, though the globals seemed smaller and more common back then. Now it seems you're as likely to get a 300 pedder as a 50 pedder.

Back