Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Your ideas

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

LokiDarkStar

Just a suggestion..

Two levels of land areas...of course the best for the ubers; the guys that sign on once or twice a year just for land grab. And then a Land Grab for the rest of us.

Let the current system work for the top 10 societies, they are the ones that will win no matter what any do.

But for the rest, a Land Grab that the ubers can not get into...make the deed only 3 months and not 6; but give middle level players a chance?

Just my thoughts..

Would be nice for the lower players but plain unfair to the ubers.

One of those things u cant please everyone on.

Sonya

If the major land grab is a no holds bared event...all societies taking place..the best land areas open for 6 months...

and second land grab, not open to the winners of the first or any society in the top ten, and these are the far away and small land areas, how is that unfair to the ubers? Or do the ubers 'deserve' all?

Not trying to pick a fight, really not, just trying to understand?

DS

Major Rage

Sir?

Ah, I've deposed over $5,000 dollars. I don't know what your point is? I'm sure you have put in much more. But, I really don't understand your anger and demand that I shut up?

I have a right to express my ideas, and Sir, if you don't like it

then you can shut the hell up....

DS...

or just leave your society that you started, join a land grab society and stfu.

either one seems to work.

:)

LOL..Skippie

Got to love it..

I make a simple suggestion and twice have to told to 'shut up'.

Now, MB, is this correct action by members of your forum?

what did i do wrong other than suggest a way to make the land grab a bit more fair to the other 99 percent of the players??

DS

LokiDarkStar said:
Sir?

Ah, I've deposed over $5,000 dollars. I don't know what your point is? I'm sure you have put in much more. But, I really don't understand your anger and demand that I shut up?

I have a right to express my ideas, and Sir, if you don't like it

then you can shut the hell up....

DS...

My problem is that people that dont deserve to be in LG wants to rob something from people who has invested time and money to be able to engage in Landgrab. You are suggesting that these people should be excluded because they are hardcore players. Once again, go skill and get good shit and come back. Untill then STFU.

LokiDarkStar said:
Got to love it..

I make a simple suggestion and twice have to told to 'shut up'.

Now, MB, is this correct action by members of your forum?

what did i do wrong other than suggest a way to make the land grab a bit more fair to the other 99 percent of the players??

DS

actually, that was a half-hearted attempt at humor, since major just recently got himself into a land grab society.

i was telling him to stfu for telling you to stfu. so, you have still only been told to stfu once.

LokiDarkStar said:
If the major land grab is a no holds bared event...all societies taking place..the best land areas open for 6 months...

and second land grab, not open to the winners of the first or any society in the top ten, and these are the far away and small land areas, how is that unfair to the ubers? Or do the ubers 'deserve' all?

Not trying to pick a fight, really not, just trying to understand?

DS

I kinda saw this thread going a bit south but not so fast,

Anyway to answer, I think its unfair that there is an ubers and a mids level LG because the Ubers pay alot of money in equipment to become uber and spend alot on an LG, It would be a kick in the teeth for them if some mid players could achieve the same without spending as much.

I would do what I do, treat LG as something to look forward to one day!

major-rage said:
My problem is that people that dont deserve to be in LG wants to rob something from people who has invested time and money to be able to engage in Landgrab. You are suggesting that these people should be excluded because they are hardcore players. Once again, go skill and get good shit and come back. Untill then STFU.

I agree (in a little less hostile stylee tho lol) I used to think it was unfair but I was noob. Have to agree, go skill get 200hp get some nice pk weapons get some nice armour then take part.

why should it be open to low level hunters only? its survival of the fittest and thats how it should be!

(and I'm not even in a soc that will be taking part this year!)

Major Rage seem like a correct name...

Dude...

You really need to take a chill pill....

It seems that $5,000 bucks is nothing to you. Well to the rest of the Human Race it is a major pile of change...

No, i don't have your 300 HP, no I don't have your mod FAP and other uber equipment..but I was not playing when it droped for free.

Sir, I've spent real money, and again, I do not think that over 5 grands is chump change.

Now, if you think the world owes you a living...dude, that is your problem and not mine..

Talk about a "REAL WHINER", sir you should be the prime example of one..

"It's all mine, no one can have any, you have to give it all to me"?

Ah, Major ...get a life..

DS...

LokiDarkStar said:
Dude...

You really need to take a chill pill....

It seems that $5,000 bucks is nothing to you. Well to the rest of the Human Race it is a major pile of change...

No, i don't have your 300 HP, no I don't have your mod FAP and other uber equipment..but I was not playing when it droped for free.

Sir, I've spent real money, and again, I do not think that over 5 grands is chump change.

Now, if you think the world owes you a living...dude, that is your problem and not mine..

Talk about a "REAL WHINER", sir you should be the prime example of one..

"It's all mine, no one can have any, you have to give it all to me"?

Ah, Major ...get a life..

DS...

You live in South Korea and deposited 5000dollars?

just thought i'd post my two pecs in this. i voted for keeping it like it is. i just feel that those ubers are reaping the benefits of what they sowed early on. either that or they're reaping the benefits of their fat wallets. since i'm no uber, and haven't been able to afford to chip my skills to those levels, i just don't feel like i should be given a consolation prize for being middle class. especially when it's all involved within a real cash economy. fat wallets and super-skilled get rewarded is what methinks.

oh, and why not just post something civilized instead of crass or rude?

Rage....sheee

i'm an American that has lived in South Korea for over 10 years. I'm a 56 year old south Georgia Red Neck that does not like being told to 'f..k' off for no reason.

Yes, since December of last year, i've droped over 5 grand into this game..

Otherwise, how would I have 103k total skills, 135 Hp...full boar, vigi, grim, and jag? A maddox IV and a full set of 6b, 6e, and ....looking to full out a set of 5B.

Dude, you really need to chill...

I don't want a war with you or anyone else...I don't think i'm a nob...god I hope not...but to you i'm sure I am..

I don't see how letting mid level players like myself have a shot at a land area is so bad. It's not like you make a ton of peds off one.

It's about bragging rights..to me it's just that simple..you ubers have the equipment and skills to take the 'rich' ones...why is it a sin to have a few small lands areas for the rest of us?

DS...

LokiDarkStar said:
i'm an American that has lived in South Korea for over 10 years. I'm a 56 year old south Georgia Red Neck that does not like being told to 'f..k' off for no reason.

Yes, since December of last year, i've droped over 5 grand into this game..

Otherwise, how would I have 103k total skills, 135 Hp...full boar, vigi, grim, and jag? A maddox IV and a full set of 6b, 6e, and ....looking to full out a set of 5B.

Dude, you really need to chill...

I don't want a war with you or anyone else...I don't think i'm a nob...god I hope not...but to you i'm sure I am..

I don't see how letting mid level players like myself have a shot at a land area is so bad. It's not like you make a ton of peds off one.

It's about bragging rights..to me it's just that simple..you ubers have the equipment and skills to take the 'rich' ones...why is it a sin to have a few small lands areas for the rest of us?

DS...
¨

Well I am hoping to get banned because of this. If you are 56 years old you should know the value of hard labor. Otherwise you are just a communist.... Are you a communist? And, btw. I am not an uber... I´am at best a mid level player.

i just don't think some of them see it as a "bragging rights" type of situation, loki. i think they see it more as a benefit to the "investments" they've made. i'm not sure that i totally agree with that (one in this thread seems to take it as a birth right), but i'm not sure that i disagree with it either.

/off-topic start

where in the RoK are you? i used to be stationed at camp humphries (forgot if that's the right spelling or not) au jung ri, but was actually north of camp casey for about 3 months.

/off-topic end

Major Rage...

I now feel like I'm in the Outer Limits or the Twlight Zone...

"Well I am hoping to get banned because of this. If you are 56 years old you should know the value of hard labor. Otherwise you are just a communist.... Are you a communist? And, btw. I am not an uber... I´am at best a mid level player."

I really have no answer to this post other than suggest you need to get some help in Real Life..

as for being a communist...dude, i'm from south Georgia...We can't stand being told what to do by anyone...a communist? LOL...."May the great spekled bird take you over the big pond back to the PX in the sky..."

DS

Last edited:
LokiDarkStar said:
I now feel like in in the Outer Limits or the Twlight Zone...

"Well I am hoping to get banned because of this. If you are 56 years old you should know the value of hard labor. Otherwise you are just a communist.... Are you a communist? And, btw. I am not an uber... I´am at best a mid level player."

I really have no answer to this post other than suggest you need to get some help in Real Life..

as for being a communist...dude, i'm from south Georgia...We can't stand being told what to do by anyone...a communist? LOL...."May the great spekled bird take you over the big pond back to the PX in the sky..."

DS

I don´t deny that I may or not be in need of help by a professional, but your ideas resemble Marxism.

Joser

For six years I surived in Seoul, will not say lived then four years ago, my wife and I moved to Busan...and now it's great...

Korea is outstanding..

Was never stationed here....was in the Corps for 7 years active and 13 year in the reserve...retired from teaching in Florida and came here...love it

Semper Fi Mac

DS...

Major...???

Sir...

Your ideas on ownership is callled

Predatory Capitalism​

Look it up of you don't know what it means....

It really went out of style in 1945...ask France, England, and all of the other countries that 'owed' the world before then...

Dude....you are really in need of help...

DS....

oh, and by the way,

*stopping the stfu myself for a moment (the threads just getting too funny*

i voted keep it the way it is.

land grab is a rich guy sport for rich guys. like ath loots, i try not to get jelous of ppl that spend 1k peds or more an hour holding down land anymore than i do when i see some incredible size ath on a mob i don't kill.

we mid-level players know our place.

and loki, i'm in south carolina. come back to the south, you peanut farmer. we need more eu players down here. :)

Reactions: Eon
Skippy

If i every come back, it would be to lead a collum of Reb's to re-establiesh the CSA....

LOL....

No, love it in Korea...

DS...

Personally i'd say leave it as it is, but maybe limit at 1 LA per soc...kind of like what happened to some soc at last LG...that would mean big soc getting nice ones and ppl thinking more of what LA they want...cadets soc prolly getting one too for some socs...and then maybe some alliances for the left overs.

just my2pecs

LokiDarkStar said:
Just a suggestion..

Two levels of land areas...of course the best for the ubers; the guys that sign on once or twice a year just for land grab. And then a Land Grab for the rest of us.

Let the current system work for the top 10 societies, they are the ones that will win no matter what any do.

But for the rest, a Land Grab that the ubers can not get into...make the deed only 3 months and not 6; but give middle level players a chance?

Just my thoughts..
What the hell is the point in trying so hard to get the skills and gear, if a mid level player can level the playing field with concessions such as this? I dont mind not having much of a chance at the LG's atm, because I know that my soc is getting there. And when we are capable of holding our own against those with 200+hp and crazy gear, I sure as hell dont want someone who has not put in the same amount of effort (or paid for it) to have as much of a chance.

Again, whats the point of getting "uber" if it does not give you an advantage?

This from rage is dead on target
major-rage said:
I don´t deny that I may or not be in need of help by a professional, but your ideas resemble Marxism.
I believe the famous words were "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"
What a crock of shit. People EARN the right to be able to grab land. It should not be given to them. Everyone seems to want something handed to them that they are incapable of earning for themselves.

No they should be kept as is, for the reasons already given in the thread.

LokiDarkStar said:
Sir...

Your ideas on ownership is callled

Predatory Capitalism​

I suggest that you read up on your description of predatory capitalism. The term pretty much means that stealing is a form of capitalism, as stealing does indeed bring profit. My question is how you consider a land grab "predatory capitalism". There is no theft involved. If you want to call it some term that you dont know the meaning of, call it Darwinian.

Thinking that you deserve something that you have not earned falls under many "ism's", so I wont go into all that. Suffice it to say that for the most part, the least productive members, or the ones that feel guilty about their status (these generally being the ones who did not earn their wealth or position), of society generally support such systems, while the productive people bear the brunt of the weight of keeping such a society afloat.

Now, ask yourself which catagory you fall into.....

Teilk said:
Again, whats the point of getting "uber" if it does not give you an advantage?

Thou I do agree with NOT splitting LG into Uber and non-uber LG, I think that statement is very foolish.

Do you think that the main benefit about being uber is to hold land during LG once every 6 month (If MA is gonna hold it just after LAs run out that is) ?

The advantage of being uber has sooo little to do with LG, LG is only about status, but most ubers already have status. The way I see it, the main advantage of being uber is that you have a better chance for profit or at least breaking even. ;)

Euroman said:
Thou I do agree with NOT splitting LG into Uber and non-uber LG, I think that statement is very foolish.

Do you think that the main benefit about being uber is to hold land during LG once every 6 month (If MA is gonna hold it just after LAs run out that is) ?

The advantage of being uber has sooo little to do with LG, LG is only about status, but most ubers already have status. The way I see it, the main advantage of being uber is that you have a better chance for profit or at least breaking even. ;)
I was not limiting that statement to the LG. If I was I would have ended the question with "at the lg".

Back