Land Grab 2009

And more important:

MAKE A DAMN RULE NUMBER 0: A SOC CANNOT CLAIM MORE THEN 1 LAND

end of the bal bla bla and 300 more different rules

And more important:

MAKE A DAMN RULE NUMBER 0: A SOC CANNOT CLAIM MORE THEN 1 LAND

end of the bal bla bla and 300 more different rules

Also since we are at it, socs are not allowed to have more then 1 person at time in the 30 meters radius, if they do for more then 5 seconds, they are automaticly dissqualified without notice, this ofcourse will be noted by removing the claimed land area from their ownership first after the event is over, then adding it to and new, additionall event. :silly2::silly:

Only the Top 50.... the rich get richer I guess.... Again..... MA should be ashamed of themselves... like Warants or AoW need any more LA's anyway...

Hi

There is always the same discussion when Land Grab is announced that it is an event which only ubers can participate
Justin

Sucks and lol he said uUber I always saw MA as people who talk with big smart words but hearing them say uber is funny:D:D:D would have thought hey'd say More skilled or something:laugh::laugh:

I start a new society called "Land Grab 2009". I have 6 weeks to recruit 200 people who will be active during lg and can shoot an lr gun.

At the start of lg we circle the marker so only our members can claim it at the start. (...)
I'm afraid it wouldn't work, Tekkie. In last year's LG (for example), the PVP was on even before the LG started (for most of the LA).

Anyway, if I read the rules right, a non-Top50 soc CAN claim a Land-Mark (although they'd be disqualified afterwards) so if anyone out there wants to give it a try just to prove to FPC that non-Top50 socs CAN do it, you have a chance! It never happened before, but I'd like to see it once. Try one of those 3 LA where Top10 soc can't claim to increase your chances.

Having said this, I don't find it necessary to create rules to prevent non-Top50 socs from claiming land. The Top socs who have been preparing themselves for LG since like forever, should have that task.

If I'd be in a non-Top50 soc I'd like to see my dream of claiming Land killed in the battlefield, and not by a paper made in an office.

Last edited:
I'm afraid it wouldn't work, Tekkie. In last year's LG (for example), the PVP was on even before the LG started (for most of the LA).....

Hmm good point. That was just a crazy extreme example I thought up but the point is still the same, the rule is there to limit numbers in society so the land cant be held simply by revive, tp, repeat.

It also puts a value on having a top50 rank for the first time. Would be very hard to get big numbers of players in the top 50 with 40+ members.

No one would be stuck in a joint society created for LG. After LG is over, everyone can leave and return to their previous societies, you just have one or a few "dummy" avatars remain in the society after LG to collect taxes and distribute them periodically. I don't see anything wrong with temporary alliances, in fact I think it would add to the strategy.

I dont believe this is quite true. If a society wins a land area the taxes are split automatically between the members of the society. I'm sure they cant be kicked so long as the taxes are being paid. They can be suspended however. If they leave voluntarly they lose the tax payments. I guess the taxes could be handed out manually. That could cause allot of problems over a 9 month period, people thinking they were shorted on payment, people who think so and so didn't help improve the land enough. Maually is frought with pitfalls also.

But it should be up to the people in game to decide that. That's what makes this "game" different than the others, IMO, no rules. Any rule MA can come up with, someone in here will figure a way around. So why bother. Everyone at least knows what they are dealing with, with no rules.

If they didn't win a land area who really cares anyway?

I'm just saying forming some kind of super society to compete in LG isn't all that straight forward as some are making it.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Landcrab.jpg

I just loled, again MA is all about the ubers. When will MA realise that there are more players other than the ubers?

It should have been divided among all societies, like 5 la's for the top 20 soc 5 for the next batch and so on and on so that any soc will be able to get an LA, and also should only be possible for ppl that are in one of those skillthreshold to fight it out of the la, no other should be able to damage anyone else, just so that a bigger soc cant help a not so good soc. This would make it about the society and not about who can get the most support from the outside.

hahaha you would not last long

I can kill like 255 noobs in 5 minutes check it out...

mamba launcher 380dmg, 17 attacks/minute...
each shot = 3 kills, 17shots/minute = 51kills/minute
x 5 minutes :p

imagine what a decent attack crew could do....:laugh:

disclaimer: without fapping, damage spread etc, just to give u an idea :)

Whilst the basic maths works, in the LG scenario and with those people wearing mid level L armours (Boar (L), jag (L), Martial (L), polaris (L)), I bet you can divide that figure by at least 8

The 20 meter damage diameter of the launchers will spread the damage out way too much with that many people in such an enclosed area

Its a crap rule indeed... But like Oleg says will make big fat zero difference to the outcome.

Most people that are serious about LG have spent a long time working up to this to get themselves into socs that have an LG history or focus, many start by offering support long before they can pass the skill reqs to join them.

After a couple of years of preparation I finally look forward to competing!! There are several socs that set no skill limits that loose the ability to compete directly on this ruling and I feel for them.

:scratch2:

However, nice to see the usual selection of 'Gieeef me peds' crew are out in force. Perhaps if the 3 non top 10 soc lands had been open to all non top10 socs (inc 50+) this situation could have been avoided - again with no change to the outcome!

ck seem to like that fact there will be less competition on the field :laugh:
So if you spend so much of your time and money preparing for such events, why are you for rules that are going to make it easier for you?

*JaKst3r your application to the 'Gieeef me peds' crew has been accepted*!!

Last edited:
ck seem to like that fact there will be less competition on the field :laugh:
So if you spend so much of your time and money preparing for such events, why are you for rules that are going to make it easier for you?

*JaKst3r your application to the 'Gieeef me peds' crew has been accepted*!!

Thats not true at all. If you care to look into all the new rules you will actually find in cK's position they hurt us more than help us.

But, we just get on with it and deal with what comes about.

I just loled, again MA is all about the ubers. When will MA realise that there are more players other than the ubers?

It should have been divided among all societies, like 5 la's for the top 20 soc 5 for the next batch and so on and on so that any soc will be able to get an LA, and also should only be possible for ppl that are in one of those skillthreshold to fight it out of the la, no other should be able to damage anyone else, just so that a bigger soc cant help a not so good soc. This would make it about the society and not about who can get the most support from the outside.

Most events are for everyone, this one is mostly about ubers. Isn't is fair that people who put most effort in the game also get the biggest rewards?

Seeing as the LA's are going to be won by top 10 socs this year (apart from he 3) just like they always have been won by top 10 socs, I fail to see the need to eliminate non top 50 from even being able to fail.
The very fact they stand no chance of winning is exclusion enough.
Just because I stand no chance finishing the London Marathon, let alone winning, does not stop the organisers from allowing me to take part if I wanted.

However, now the rule is in place, I think MA should make it so that people outside the top 50 can not even enter the LA to start with. If it's top 50 only to win, make it top 50 only can take part.

Seeing as the LA's are going to be won by top 10 socs this year (apart from he 3) just like they always have been won by top 10 socs, I fail to see the need to eliminate non top 50 from even being able to fail.
The very fact they stand no chance of winning is exclusion enough.
Just because I stand no chance finishing the London Marathon, let alone winning, does not stop the organisers from allowing me to take part if I wanted.

However, now the rule is in place, I think MA should make it so that people outside the top 50 can not even enter the LA to start with. If it's top 50 only to win, make it top 50 only can take part.

I can think of 2 reasons, first one is to reduce lag by hoping less people will attend, and second is to prevent the use of spam tactics by a soc with 200 members.

nevermind!

Last edited:
Most events are for everyone, this one is mostly about ubers. Isn't is fair that people who put most effort in the game also get the biggest rewards?

I cant really agree that most events are for everyone, in my eyes ever since the events started it has been mainly for the ubers with a few more rare than mod fap events for everyone.

One example is the mining event going on now, sure everyone can find a part and everyone get the skills, but to get the full armor you will have to buy the parts you havent gotten and those wont be cheap thus another event for the ubers.

I cant really agree that most events are for everyone, in my eyes ever since the events started it has been mainly for the ubers with a few more rare than mod fap events for everyone.

One example is the mining event going on now, sure everyone can find a part and everyone get the skills, but to get the full armor you will have to buy the parts you havent gotten and those wont be cheap thus another event for the ubers.

Aha so for you the term uber mean rich, and taking part of an event means winning the main prize. I find it very fair that the people who invest most time and/or money have the highest chance of winning. Whats else would be the point of even making the effort?

Aha so for you the term uber mean rich, and taking part of an event means winning the main prize. I find it very fair that the people who invest most time and/or money have the highest chance of winning. Whats else would be the point of even making the effort?

but its not a matter of investing time into these events, its purely about investing cash.

Atleast the mining armour event, same with the logs.

If time alone was enugh then people would have a chanse, but it isnt and they dont. Time is effort, money i dont know what to call that, but i cant call it effort.

but its not a matter of investing time into these events, its purely about investing cash.

Atleast the mining armour event, same with the logs.

If time alone was enugh then people would have a chanse, but it isnt and they dont. Time is effort, money i dont know what to call that, but i cant call it effort.

Finding the parts is all about investing time, and very little about putting money in. Be happy there are people investing large sums to buy these parts else they would be worthless and could not even be seen as a prize.

I have all the parts for the armour. Good to know that someone thinks I am uber, thanks Legion :)

seems to me you've redefined "uber" in your mind to cover everyone but you. go look it up. it doesnt mean rare or expensive, it means, literally "over", and in translation the best.

LG is for the ubers, always was always will be.

A better way to do this would be to make the big la's have better mobs and ore in them than the rest perhaps, that should help them with that, and the smaller la's that are competing with the lower level players could have less rare stuff etc in them.

i guess that for you efforts means money only.

It s very sad that this must be the only parameter taken in consideration.

Moreover, yes most events are for everyone and generally there are won by the same people................ the same that now MA is gifting the lands.

I can think of 2 reasons, first one is to reduce lag by hoping less people will attend, and second is to prevent the use of spam tactics by a soc with 200 members.

If MA server lags than MA must upgrade the servers. Sorry what wrong in a 200 people soc?

Back