Land grab descussion

dylan weeman G

Provider
Society
Why so serious minions
dylan weeman gerrard
Hi guys
I was just wondering on ur thoughts about some socs getting 4 Land area. to me i personally think its a bit unfair the medium skilled socs and dont get why they get to get 4 and most other socs get none.

i know they spent alot of ammo and ect but in the long run they will each get a nice sum outta all of them i thought it was kinda of unfair they got that many . i would of liked to seen a cap 1 LA per soc to let other teams have a decent shot at it .

ill prob get alot of negativity from this but oh well

Art of War - LA-8, LA-7, LA-9, LA-14
cK - LA-1, LA-10, LA-17, LA-19
Warants - LA-3, LA-5, LA-18
M2S - LA-4, LA-11, LA-16
Chaos Crew - LA-2
BAHQ - LA-6
Shaolin - LA-12
Mod Deja Vu - LA-13
Dark Knights - LA-15

weeman.

ofcourse the ubers who spent alot should get more but i think there should be a limit... like maybe 2/soc.

or different sizes of La´s.

A cap of 2/soc sounds like the best sollution to me :rolleyes: and several smaller LAs

2 is fair , but 4 is over the top and they defoently dont need the peds like some people

Not from me.
I'm one of those who think 1 LG per soc is enough.

Ya, I know, they are the Ubers, the dedicated players and bla-bla-bla.
But even with all the good reasons they can give to me, it will not change my mind on this.

the people who i think will have most problems with this thread are ck and AOW members who think they earned them when so to speak 95% of us can hardly put a dint in there armour in the first place

It's impossible to please everyone. I don't mind seeing the top socs get a nice number of LA's. Landgrab would be boring with too many limitations.

With the 300 sec revival and the new L items it allready became alot easier to reset claims.

Wouldn't be a landgrab then would it?

No one would attack eachother cause their would be no point. You get one landare you sit for 4 hours no one attacks cause other 9 societys got land. Only people missing out would be the med soc's that the problem was supposed to fix as the 10 society having the land are uber enough to cream them anyway.
LG is supposed to be for the very skilled it's there to give you a reason to want to skill up and be uber rather than walking around saying im uber.

It needs to be difficult not a cakewalk. :D

PS: I think I need a new signature :(

i know they spent alot of ammo and ect but in the long run they will each get a nice sum outta all of them i thought it was kinda of unfair they got that many . i would of liked to seen a cap 1 LA per soc to let other teams have a decent shot at it .

Art of War - LA-8, LA-7, LA-9, LA-14
cK - LA-1, LA-10, LA-17, LA-19
Warants - LA-3, LA-5, LA-18
M2S - LA-4, LA-11, LA-16
Chaos Crew - LA-2
BAHQ - LA-6
Shaolin - LA-12
Mod Deja Vu - LA-13
Dark Knights - LA-15

weeman.

Do you even know how many peds were spent? I doubt that LG is "profitable" because there are so many rich players these days that don`t mind shooting out many thousands peds.

For example AOW in the final stage now has 30 members. Let`s say that their lands runs nicely and every day someone hunts or mines there. Let`s say that average 1k peds are looted every days (and i think it is quite a good estimation unless some kind of madness starts like those times when "everyone" was hunting fungoids). 4% tax is 40 peds, that is like 1.3 ped for a person - wow nice. 6 months is about 183 days that comes to 240 peds for a person. Indeed nice - that is like 311 python rockets not counting markup or 2 shots with Star Mercury Anti-materiel rifle. That is for 1 land, ok multiplie by 2 and you get results from final stage which was so long that people definetly used A LOT more peds.

Ok, those numbers are just a speculation but still.

land grab isant just for ubers . u mainly think that becus u guys will be the first to get there and start killing everything that moves , and 9 other socs could just be as happy with a brand new LA to there names

land grab isant just for ubers . u mainly think that becus u guys will be the first to get there and start killing everything that moves , and 9 other socs could just be as happy with a brand new LA to there names

Yea they would be happy but it wouldn't be any fun like futurama said above. LG can be profitable but for alot of societys it isn't its mainly about fun and showing dominance over others.

And if you got a rod without firing a shot wouldn't feel like an accomplishment = no satisfaction.

I think the number of lands individual socs won correlates very well with the skills (on different levels) of the players acquiring them. ;)

And of course what Da said, it's a landGRAB, not a landgrabonebutleavetheothersalone.

what u dont think theres more than 19 socs in the game , hell imm sure noobs with opalo and 101's would give it a shot if they new they were fighting medium level socs , if uve got a soc of 50 noobs with opalo doing 1 dmg at a time on some 1 with ghost u wont be standing long . but with u guys uve got ur tango's ect just shooting fish in a barrel which kinda destroys there dreams a tad :lolup:

...I was just wondering on ur thoughts about some socs getting 4 Land area. to me i personally think its a bit unfair the medium skilled...

Maybe you're being a bit unfair. You're forgetting the low skilled socs and freelancers. They also would like some land :D

dont think a freelancer would have much chance after a tango runs there
A^$ over.

I just find it a bit of a pity that there is yet again one of these threads, about ubers who apparently earn too much...

Everyone who participated with heart, be it high skilled or not, had a lot of fun. It was quite hard work, getting and keeping a LA (strategies that were discussed beforehand, alliences, fighting over 8 hours to get a LA). So, IMHO, everyone that succeeded earned this.

It's easy to forget things that are organized for lower level people, be it from MA itself, or some great EU-people. Perhaps you will say: 'Hey, the 'ubers' can enter too, they walk away with the loot here too!'. How come then that a lot of names I see in global/hoflist are quite unknown??

BTW, the LAs are only in the soc's possession for 6 months. They pay for the fertilizer and maintenance of the LA, it's not only income. To adjust maturity and density of a LA, it can cost up to +2 k ped. Some of the LA don't have superfun mobs, so the income isn't even certain. More over, the income has to be divided between the socmembers (Say there is 150 ped/ day for 10 people.....). There has to be quite some bad ass profit to win a bit of a jackpot :-s...

Oh, and before I get a remark: I didn't get anything out of the LG.

(I see Futurama has somewhat of a same post, but I typed so much allready, I'll post it anyways!)

Nexia;1264882BTW said:
why would they fight for this land area to only have it 6months then ???

what u dont think theres more than 19 socs in the game , hell imm sure noobs with opalo and 101's would give it a shot if they new they were fighting medium level socs , if uve got a soc of 50 noobs with opalo doing 1 dmg at a time on some 1 with ghost u wont be standing long . but with u guys uve got ur tango's ect just shooting fish in a barrel which kinda destroys there dreams a tad :lolup:

Well Dreams are goals. If everyone could compete in lg their would be no point in skilling up and trying your hardest.
To get your dream in life it takes hard work and dedication not something you can do instantly.

It's like you just got out of college for a job, Do you deserve the high paying CEO position over the person who has worked in that field for over 20 years?

No, It is the Same with landgrab it take dedication hard work and time. If you and your society put your mind to it you can get land.

Like I and many others said before ITS FOR FUN! :D

I recognise the fact that those individuals who have worked hard for their skills & equipment should not be penalised for this.
I also recognise that soc's that chose members only from the above group should not be penalised for this.
You might call these "The best of the best".

What happens in the LG is the above socs pick the best LAs, go for them, and win them in the first 4 hours.
During this time the "best of the rest" have been fighting over the leftovers, and these LA's have changed hands once or twice, until everyone else gives up, and the LA is in the hands of of one of "the best of the rest".
Then the first 4 hours is up, and the "best of the best" come along, and win again.
However I find it hard to come up with a "set of rules" that would make it fair, or prevent the above.

Prevent a soc who won a LA from entering another? Then why help one soc win a LA, if they can't return the favour by helping you win another? Part of the point of LG's is the forming of alliances. "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours."

Set it up so that once a soc has successfully claimed a LA, they can't claim another? What's to stop a soc "Top Guns" splitting into 2? All the members of the original soc turn up at LA1, win it, using "Top Guns Part 1", then make their way to LA2, and win it using "Top Guns Part 2". Then the two soc leaders share out the tax.

In conclusion, i think it is unsatisfactorily that a soc can win more than one LA per LG. I also think there is no way to prevent it.
it's a case of "The system is not perfect, but on the other hand, it is as good as it can be."

Besides, this is just another thread where someone complains 'ubers' get more of something (chance on getting land, chance on winning a competition, ...) compared to lesser skilled/geared or lucky people.

Many people seem to overlook they are revolting against what makes EU great for them in the first place. I imagine many of those people want to get better in EU both in gear and skills. Why? Because it comes with higher chances of doing good in EU. So complaining 'ubers' do better, and advocating MA should limit their capabilities, is asking for MA to take one of the greatest motivations (if not the only for many) for playing this game away.

I'm shooting myself in my feet here (ok my knees too probably), but what you should be complaining about is that the huge gap between a number of (old time) players and the rest of the community skillwise is unbridgeble now unless you want to spend a huge amount of money on chips. To get to the skill/hp level some people are at merely by playing, can't be done in a satisfactory time period even if you play 8+ hours a day. In my opinion MA did a great effort to adress this issue by introducing the powerful (L) weapons in my opinion though.

Complaining 'ubers' are better is ridiculous. Complaining it's impossible to become an 'uber' without buying yourself into it, and revolting against it, is a cause I fully support.

I have better proposition: each society should get one LA for free from MA. Would it be ok then? ;)
No, there should be no cap on how many lands one soc can have. There is already such cap. The soc has to stay for 4 hours at the marker to gain the land. Better check how many members top 10 societies each have. And ask yourself: can such society get one then more land at a time? They usually can't afford sending many members to attack another land if their own is attacked. Even if they are not attacked, they can send away, 1-2 own members and allies. They can attack some other land with full power only after they secure and get one land. If u don't want ubers to get more than one land, there is one simple solution u can use. Get few less skilled societies and give those ubers something to remember if u want. U can even merge them into one society and try to get the land for urself. Not very possible, I agree, but it is possible to prevent top 10 from getting more than one land. And it doesn't require uber skills and uber gear. If u have enough ppl with L weapons, u can really do something about this situation if you don't like it. And it doesn't require thousands of $ at all.
I've been there at cK land (first they took) and I've seen Hungarian Trox Killers attacking the marker. Every 5 minutes, quite masochistic have to say, but there were only 5-10 of them. I hope they had at least some fun with dying...
In EU, if you do not like something, the best you can do is to adapt and find a solution. There is no possibility to please all players. And MA will do nothing to fulfill your wish of one LA per uber soc only.
There will be next LG within 6 months. You have lots of time to prepare for that m8.

Nexia;1264882BTW said:

Because its FUN. You werent there and know nothing of what you talk about, many mid lvl players took part and the main factor in claiming 2 LA's in one session is endurance!
Do you have any idea how tiring it is battling from 18.00 to 7.00? and thats not counting the 2 hrs previous to that securing ur 1st claim.... 2 yrs ago i watched all this happen from your position. Instead of whining i did something about it, and LG was everything i hoped it would be times 10!!

okay first of all , please stop posting such big things my eyes hurt and second how can u say they worked hard for this , buying 300k worth of skills isant really working hard for it , yeah they might of worked hard to earn the cash but not in game did they put in the hard yards

Do you even know how many peds were spent? I doubt that LG is "profitable" because there are so many rich players these days that don`t mind shooting out many thousands peds.

For example AOW in the final stage now has 30 members. Let`s say that their lands runs nicely and every day someone hunts or mines there. Let`s say that average 1k peds are looted every days (and i think it is quite a good estimation unless some kind of madness starts like those times when "everyone" was hunting fungoids). 4% tax is 40 peds, that is like 1.3 ped for a person - wow nice. 6 months is about 183 days that comes to 240 peds for a person. Indeed nice - that is like 311 python rockets not counting markup or 2 shots with Star Mercury Anti-materiel rifle. That is for 1 land, ok multiplie by 2 and you get results from final stage which was so long that people definetly used A LOT more peds.

Ok, those numbers are just a speculation but still.

Don't forget the Reward(s) they probably promised to the support Socs.
I did not look at all LG of all Lands but I saw at least one winning Society who was support by 3 divisions of the same mother Soc and at least 2 other Socs.
And because of this, they had no competition at all. It was totally imposible to approach the Claim Marker.

If you ask my oppinion, NBK and their divisions could have kick the Shaolins out of the LA-12 with fingers in the nose. :laugh: I saw more NBK than Shaolin there.

But because of the loyalty of NBK Socs, Shaolin got the Land from the start and never lose it.
Hard work uH? Mmm, maybe, I don't know.

Anyway, I just don't know why I talk about it. I don't think I will ever be able to fight in this kind of battle even if there is no support Socs to cover the "Leaders" and my words are a little bit off-topic.

okay first of all , please stop posting such big things my eyes hurt and second how can u say they worked hard for this , buying 300k worth of skills isant really working hard for it , yeah they might of worked hard to earn the cash but not in game did they put in the hard yards

Please don't comment on stuff you don't know or can't prove.
too many people do it and create false information.

In the 5-6 societys that got land most if not every single player in those society has played 2-4 years+
Sure 1-2 societys have bought aload of skills or a couple members in the society boguht skills but The majority have work hard for it more than you can imagine.
Don't just assume all the people in top 10 chip its an insult to the ones that dont. Grinding out is hard work ^^

Just for my own curiosity, aren't you like 14 years old, dylan? I know it has nothing to do with the topic. I'm just trying to understand the mindset you're coming from.

i started playing 4 years ago and i know what imm talking about champ. i started fromm the bottom and very very very slowly worked my way up. unlikd most of them who deposited huge sums of money

Just for my own curiosity, aren't you like 14 years old, dylan? I know it has nothing to do with the topic. I'm just trying to understand the mindset you're coming from.

yes im a young age , ill be 16 this year . started when i was 11 turning 12 or around 12ish age

Back