Land Grab idea

Julian

Old
Society
freelancer
I was just had an idea, why not get a soc of 200 people togethor before a land grab, only requirement is to own a long range gun such as a marber and some kind of short range gun or melee weapon that does an atypical damage type, and then everyone focus everyone on one land area. Think it would work? The first circle would definately need to be a few ubers who could hold their own for a while in case of an emergency, but IDK, I am not into PKing. Think it would work?

becuse the LA would be split in and on 200 persons. o_O you wouldnt gain anything from it then.

Even if they leave the soc they still get the money from it.

Not much point... if not coordinated a few uebers would even blast 200 n00bs to pieces... :D

What if all the noobs had rocket launchers and MF chips and they just lagged the sh*t oout of the place?

What if all the noobs had rocket launchers and MF chips and they just lagged the sh*t oout of the place?

That could be considered exploiting the system, and 200 daring noobs could turn into 200 banned noobs.

Not much point... if not coordinated a few uebers would even blast 200 n00bs to pieces... :D

Or just 1 uber. Marbers and such are not very effective vs certain armors, and some grenade/rocket launchers can take down several noobs in a single shot.

Ur talking about inviting your own people to slaughter? If someone will die from 200 rocket launchers, it will surely not be the ones your aiming at.. Imagine 200 noobs aiming at 15 ubers among all noobs... BOOM - 200 bodys, 15 ppl still standing watching the lags laughing their asses of :D

my first society had this lofty aim. i think its still agreat idea and with grenades its even more viable. but you need people who have some skills, some decent armour or HP and some ped and alot of organisation. the top dozen or so PvPers with the top toys will dispatch with ease 200 random players taking pot shots.

get organised and have a go, or have fun training.

but if organised.. 200 noobs with an opalo, shoot 200 damage into one uber.. (if damage is absorbed you still take 1 damage per noob)
And the ubers cannot shoot 200 noobs at once.
so 2 or 3 shots from an opalo with 200 noobs, and an uber dies.

If a society has 20 ubers then the cost to kill them all once is 3*20 = 60 pecs per noob. If they return 20 times.. then the total cost is 12 peds

Wouldn't you want a landarea for 12 peds? even if it means sharing the profit with 200?

but if organised.. 200 noobs with an opalo, shoot 200 damage into one uber.. (if damage is absorbed you still take 1 damage per noob)
And the ubers cannot shoot 200 noobs at once.
so 2 or 3 shots from an opalo with 200 noobs, and an uber dies.

If a society has 20 ubers then the cost to kill them all once is 3*20 = 60 pecs per noob.

Wouldn't you want a landarea for 60 pecs? even if it means sharing the profit with 200?

I thought ubers had mod/imp fap? ;)
Fap, blast, fap, blast, fap blast...uh, wait.. Those 200 are dead long ago.. only: Fap, blast, fap,blast is needed and they are all gone.. A uber rarely comes alone to a LA, and the noobs will be dead long before they find their hotkey to the opalo. ;)

When its against ubers, Numbers rarely make a difference.

Ok .. put me down on the list.

1. Bones

Look up Plasma Platoon in soc thread...nowhere near 200 folk, and only plasma weapons, but SEGs etc were falling nicely for around a dozen of them on their first training excercise.

The OP didn't say "n00bs" just people...with weapons that inflict atypical dmg. So 50 plasmas backed by 50 longblades and maybe 50 grenade launchers.....which armour cover all those dmg types well, especially in large amounts from many angles ? A FAP brigade to protect vital avas would be an idea maybe too.

Also bear in mind how hard it can be to attack while being hit constantly and how the often mentioned ubers whined and PKed miners for distracting them while hunting up at CND ...grenade dmg maybe small for a low/mid lvl ava or weapon but it's still disruptive to the person being targeted making it hard to aim accurately.

I can see this exact thing happening one day, the real problem isn't any of the things mentioned so far though, it's cash. Ubers have deep pockets and can afford a long battle where most of us can't pay for a day defending a LA constantly ..can't see 200 such people anyway. Time to save up maybe?

t

200 noobish players would just result in some kill streaks.

200 that could use lr53/59 or equivalent, some skilled longbladers, many had some hp and pk armor parts, maybe...

200 noobish players would just result in some kill streaks.

200 that could use lr53/59 or equivalent, some skilled longbladers, many had some hp and pk armor parts, maybe...

This was my thought. Try taking DDR and multiplying to 200 and you just might have yourself an LA.

That could be considered exploiting the system, and 200 daring noobs could turn into 200 banned noobs.

Or just 1 uber. Marbers and such are not very effective vs certain armors, and some grenade/rocket launchers can take down several noobs in a single shot.

50damage X 200 = dead uber

hmmm...

what would be interesting is if something like this was done and there was a team up with some that already do something similar to this - Entropia Investment Fund... Have the EIF TT or sell off a ton of junk fast and save those peds, and then use those or something similar to create a little gigantic pool of peds to use to supply this army... Army strikes one LA at a time til all are won?... in theory one soc. can only have one LA. In truth, if you had multiple societies working together as one big army, and it was commanded correctly, with lots of strategy, you could win yourself every darn LA out there if you had enough people working together in a gigantic battle.

Once you win, maybe MA could declare a new nation and we could vote on a president.

At the end of the day, it could be interesting... but like EIF, it would all be a trust thing, and ultimately, I question if enough people in game would trust one another enough to make a consorted effort possible.

Back