Landgrab idea

predden

Alpha
Society
-=SHS=-
Predden
As I keep getting CTD´s and my new pc hasn’t arrived yet im reading EF like mad and it keeps me from cleaning my apartment for a few more minutes.
I haven’t gone trough all the LG posts due to all the ass chewing and whining in 99% of the posts. From what ive seen on EF the last LG was a fuckup or something (could be wrong). Here is an ide on how to do a Landgrab. It isn’t complete just the basics.

It should be the shit behind the keys and not the fat in your wallet that decides or…
How to make this “fair” in a some what Communistic “everybody got the same chance” sort of way.
Fair or not, this is just one way of doing it.

When you enter the competition arena your skills and HP shouldn’t even be a factor, it’s the person behind the keyboard that should be the winning factor, not how phat your wallet is.

The only items you would be able to use is a LG gun there would be 3 different guns to choose from one short ranged high speed, 1 mid range mid speed and one sniper version with longer reload. No FAP´s and no armour would be needed. Each gun would have 200 rounds once you’re out you’re out. One hit = 1 kill =1 point, when you are hit you have to go back to the “start zone” and all your previous points would be reduced by 10%, wait 60 seconds and then re-enter the match. Each “match” should take about 30 min. and the finals 1h.

As some societies have more than 50 players and some fewer than 15 there will be a maxed allowed numbers of participants from each society, 10 fighters from each soc would be chosen by the soc.. IF a soc doesn’t have 10 players they would have the opportunity to (for the LG only) recruit players from other societies (Rouges), this player wouldn’t be able to compete for their own society in the tournament BUT wouldn’t have the benefits from owning a LA as the rest of the team he is playing for.

Each team would have to pay a fee of 1000 peds. Some of the fees will go to the top 3 teams and some to the Rouges who gets screwed otherwise.

The competition would ONLY be open for societies older then 6 months and players with more then 1 year registered “entropia time”, so all of you who are planning to recruit some CS pro from outside you’re screwed. ;)

All the LA´s would be ranked from A-G with A = most sort after. The factors for this would be distance to TP, size, Terrain and so on.

The competition should be in a tournament form where the team with most points would be declared the winners.

1st : peds 1st place in LG 2010 coats (or some other bragging thing), chose two A class LA´s, one B class one D class.
2nd: peds and chose one A class, one B class and one E class
3rd: peds one A class, one C class and one F class
6-10 peds, Las, items.

11-50placed teams: items and the rest of the LA´s how this will be arranged decided is something MA have do decide.

The outcome of this tournament could be just like a normal LG as the top LG socs are great PKers, but this time it isnt Uber faps, weapons, armours that is the factors, and as the games will take place in arenas there wont be any alliances/friend soc teaming or other. just the shit behind the keyboard.

This is just an idea so keep your –neg reps.:ahh:
and YES i like paintall.:D

so what sux and whats good?
or will i get flogged from all the ubers with shitloads of stuff and more skills than life?;)

*going back to cleaning*

sry but :loco:

maybe we all should suit orange clothes?
all HP's at max 150 hp?
and ofc a max skill lvl of 30 in hit and dmg?

sry cant take this post serious:laugh:

sry but :loco:

maybe we all should suit orange clothes?
all HP's at max 150 hp?
and ofc a max skill lvl of 30 in hit and dmg?

sry cant take this post serious:laugh:

Guess youre one of the: "or will i get flogged from all the ubers with shitloads of stuff and more skills than life?" then ;)

as i said this is just an idea and i never said it was a good one..
lol ....

Guess youre one of the: "or will i get flogged from all the ubers with shitloads of stuff and more skills than life?" then ;)

as i said this is just an idea and i never said it was a good one..
lol ....

Yes it was just a idea thatswhy u didnt got a -rep from me :laugh:

I am a noob but i still don't understand why you think its a good idea. Yeah it will give you a chance to win i understand this. But why would MA screw peole that have skilled their avatars for 6+ years, spend money and time to improve their avatar and tell them you cant use all that stuff. Whats the point in getting it then? MA is a company that seeks profit and it wouldn't gimp the people that spend tons of money. And they shouldn't do it just so that noobs like me can get LA. Also you shouldn't tell leaders that manage societies of 80+ people and organize them to work together to only use 10 against a noob society that only has 8 and had to find 2 "rogues" to make a real team. It's just an idea I know, really bad one too.

I am a noob but i still don't understand why you think its a good idea. Yeah it will give you a chance to win i understand this. But why would MA screw peole that have skilled their avatars for 6+ years, spend money and time to improve their avatar and tell them you cant use all that stuff.
Look at the bold part (so it would be the first time landgrab gets interesting for >90% of all participants)

Tussi

This would be a good idea but the fact is the players with fat wallets and their uber HP.
Maybe if there could be HP band limits or skill zones.

EG HP:
1 - 50 // Band A // Land area (200m * 75m)
51 - 100 // Band B // Land area (400m * 120m)

So the more skilled players still get the bigger lands yet new players can still join in. We still need a place for new comers to come and have fun and have hope of progressing in the game instead of the regular no loots and swunts.

It's not a fps game where only (or mostly) irl skills of the player matter. If you want that, go play a different game. There are several like that.

Look at the bold part (so it would be the first time landgrab gets interesting for >90% of all participants)

Tussi

Landgrab is not for all participants. The movie competition wasn't for me since I did not have the irl skills, and that had a top prize of a land area and full supremacy. The mob design competition wasn't for me since I don't have excellent irl artistic skills. That had a nice prize of an unlimited sk-80. You didn't see a bunch of "ubers" whining about those, did you? So I really don't want to hear any more whining about LG, or any competition that is not for everybody, for that matter.

We all have crazy ideas op :laugh: fortunately very few come reality and I certainly hope this doesnt.

You seem to have in a single post destroyed the market for pk guns, pk armour, skills, planning, being the best you can and ultimately buried the premise of being the best you can and changing LandGrab into a Land-Give-away.

Its a competition and probably the ONLY one in EU that totally relies on preparation, skills, gear, rl skill and so on. No or very little luck involved in LG. Its all in your hands if you want to compete or not.

Whilst i can see personal gain if the event was as the OP suggested, its still unbelievable that someone would actually suggest this ^^

Skills, hp and gear, bought, borrowed or stolen, have to play a part in LG, otherwize you just removed a CHUNKLOAD of reasons for people to skill up their avatars.

Whats the point in having spent thousands of peds on the best guns, best amps, best armors if you aren't allowed to use it?

Whats the point in skilling your avatar all your free time, if when dough hits the oven, those skills are worthless?

Seriously... LG isn't for everyone, neither should it be, it should be for those investing heavily in their avatar and society, mind you there are ways to invest in your avatar without investing IRL cash (i.e chipping up from lvl 0-100 in 24 hours), you can keep skilling, and skilling, and skilling, and motivate your socmates to do the same, then one day, you will also be able to parttake in this event.

Motivation is the key, everyone needs someone and something to look up to, to strive after, as well as many want people to look up to themselves in one way or another.

// Exo

I'm no uber, and I'll get my ass handed to me by most of the winners of LGs. However, I would prefer to keep it as it is (but hopefully promote more fighting, this last LG was a fail of a fundraiser), based on buy-able skills and equipment. Money makes EU go around, why should we give an equal chance to smaller investors, for the reward that is meant for the biggest investors?

I'm no uber, and I'll get my ass handed to me by most of the winners of LGs. However, I would prefer to keep it as it is (but hopefully promote more fighting, this last LG was a fail of a fundraiser), based on buy-able skills and equipment. Money makes EU go around, why should we give an equal chance to smaller investors, for the reward that is meant for the biggest investors?

Because should they have only the perspective to pay up EU will collapse (since then the small ones will leave for a perfectly good reason).

Tussi

Jeeees how thick are you? :eyecrazy:
Heres a nother idea.

Dont take everything you read on the Internet so freakin seriously
Is it only Digger who was smart enough to se the irony?
No wonder this game is going down the drain. :wise:

i thinked about that LG too oneday but i think it is fair when only L gear and eguipment is allowded .

Whats the point in having spent thousands of peds on the best guns, best amps, best armors if you aren't allowed to use it?

i think theres many ubers who have looted these things by their own loong time ago and same as the skilling ,they comed lot easyer some time ago and the loot was normal people didnt spend so much for skilling.
you can use best guns, best amps, best armors for hunting mobs or PKing but if i think about LG its pointless till nothing changes .

re

life to sweet live long and shoot the hell out of mobs. land grabe seems a little hard with no cash

Back