Laser and scope on an Opalo?

Mutiny

Provider
I am 10/10 on my opalo, but a friend recommended that I add a scope and laser sight on it...I did, but I am now wondering if it really makes a difference. Since I am already 10/10 (not hard on an opalo) it won't improve those...

Is it pointless to add skill modifiers to that wep? or should i add them to a Justifier MkII that I am not 10/10?

thoughts?

If those are you choices then deffinetly scope up the Justifier. I run with an scoped & sighted Opola that is fully maxed out in all areas. It a very good weapon and combo.
However, if your Justifier is still lacking in skills, the use the scope and/or sight on it and boost its hit ability up a bit.

Hope that helps

Well, give it a test, see if it feels different...

Anyway, if you like the Opalo, you are going to love the Breer M2a, the next weapon to use after 10/10 on the Opalo. If the Breer is 10/10 also, you need a better gun. I just hope you know how to calculate your eco on your guns...

another thing where a laser is handy is team hunting. so the other team members can "see" where u are pointing at (wich mob u shoot atm)...

well, a scope isn't that needed i think
i mean, around 50 m range, as long you dont hunt chirpies from far away

the only possible reason to scope and laser sight it, would be to increase the decay, not really the effiency (10/10 anyway), to have some faster skilling

altough you will gain less skills in aim then afaik, but i haven't used a scope/laser sight often, so this might be wrong

oh, and if you are on it anyway, is it still possible to put a laser sight on the scope too? if so, and you want the decay for faster skilling, think about it

Mutiny said:
I am 10/10 on my opalo, but a friend recommended that I add a scope and laser sight on it...I did, but I am now wondering if it really makes a difference. Since I am already 10/10 (not hard on an opalo) it won't improve those...

Is it pointless to add skill modifiers to that wep? or should i add them to a Justifier MkII that I am not 10/10?

thoughts?
I've put a scope on my opalo, and i think that the most useful function is that you can see clear image and locate the mob in some areas where the colors and the ambient light are such that make it difficult to locate the red dot, especially among plants.
I don't have an opinion about laser sights, i haven't used one before.
You didn't tell us which is your hit ability with the justifier. If it is lower than 1.0 i would not recommend it (i did that mistake myself).

I tried a scope on my opalo(I already had it maxed) andafter a week of getting almost no skills I went to quickly swap my amp and didn't reattach the scope and noticed alot of skills from the next couple of kills.

A society mate of mine was also complaining about a lack of skill gains after adding a scope to the opalo.

The zoom is nice for getting the first shot at max range but not very important after that.

The "consensus" (if you could call it that) from the last serious discussion i saw about this was that the aim bonus from the scope and sights has a high potential of slowing down your skillgain because you gain slower at higher skills and it makes your skills effectively higher. For that reason i would never, ever put sights or scope on an opalo (which already has maxed hit ability). However the caveat to that is if you are presently in a "slowdown", in which case scopeing/sighting might put you in a region where you're not in a slowdown and actually speed your skillgain up for a bit.

This is all very nebulous and hard to prove, however.

To be honest the last time I tested this, I thought I was getting more skills with scope & laser on opalo (I figured this made some sense as effectively your getting skills in place of decay given that the scope and laser do pretty much nothing on a maxed out weapon).

Might have been wrong or it might have changed - I'll do a few runs scopeless and laserless sometime to check it out.

Jimmy B said:
Might have been wrong or it might have changed - I'll do a few runs scopeless and laserless sometime to check it out.

Count the green lines AND the effective skill change in numbers, just to be sure. And find the cost per shots and per tt decay.

Cheers!

I am 2.8 Hit Ability on the Justifier, so I am still pounding away on the opalo, but to be fair, if there was a difference using the scope/laser I did not notice it.

Thanks for the opinions.

Back