Help: Laser Hit and Damage gap

I've been hunting mainly using laser carbines, upgrading when I need to for the SIB.

There seems to be an increasing gap between my Laser Sniper (Hit) and my Ranged Laser (Dmg). If I understand this right this means that I can't get damage & hit SIBs on weapons that are both active. I'm lev 14 Laser Sniper (near 15) and lev 11 ranged laser (just).

I'm using a MarCorp Kallous-4 (L) which is Yes on learning period damage but not anymore on hit. The Kallous-5 is Not yet (85%) dmg and Yes on Hit so I assume I'm not ready to go there yet.

Is there something I should be doing to keep my damage SIB up with my Hit? Maybe levelling with another type of weapon or something?

level both hangun and rifle
when you will have lvl 15 in handgun (hit) and lvl 15 in rifle (hit) you will have lvl 15 in DMG

you will get hidden skill unlocks as you skill the next one for you i think is at level 18 and it should even out some

but its not really a huge concern unless you have OCD lol

SIB: "Yes" is essentially a training wheel. The weapon can't be used to it's full eco capabilities, so you gain a small skill rate bonus. The skill rate bonus doesn't offset the negative effect on eco though.

Back to topic you can also heal you way up to equal levels. Nice to keep in mind if you're planning to use big faps anyway.

So should I not be worrying about Sib?

Nice tip re the healing - I might do a bit of that as well :)

Thank you

sib can be useful early on but using maxed sib weapons is the way to go really.
if you cross skill rifle/handgun as others have suggested then you can often take advantage of whatever gun is being sold for a decent MU% at any given point in time.

Ok so that's cool - I'll use weapons that are 100% but still have SIB if that's what you are saying.

Tonights event is giving me a good opportunity to get my handgun skills up :)

The change in the latest VU to extend the SIB period a few levels should help with this. (Though there is some doubt if the announced change was actually included).

Using some Handgun/Melee will give you some quick Health Points, as well as evening out your Dmg.

I chipped in a small bit to have my knife maxed after the last update, and as it hit 10/10 sib went away. So as far as i can tell they have not extended sib unless it is extended for very low lvl weapons only.

SpikE

If your hit is higher than your damage don't worry about it. At some point you'll decide you want to boost your hp and start using a variety of weapons then your dam will go higher than your hit. My dam is at least 10 lvls higher than my hit in all weapons.

If your hit is higher than your damage don't worry about it. At some point you'll decide you want to boost your hp and start using a variety of weapons then your dam will go higher than your hit. My dam is at least 10 lvls higher than my hit in all weapons.

Also when you unlock killstrike the damage skills way faster than hit so it will balance out. There are a few unlocks along the way that help balance out the lvls a bit.

I hate to disagree with most here but according to EP Killstrike contributes on 11 % to hit and there are 2 others that contribute 10%, 1 at 15%, 1 at 25% and 1 at 20%. Also you need to be a lvl 80 in hit to achieve KS which I would doubt that it is just around the corner for you. Moreover, I don't see any other having to do with melee weapons except 1 that is 1% that helps in ranged weapon dmg except of course anatomy which is 20% and you can get that from healing also but not very many when healing.

I do agree that using both handgun and rifle (carbine for laser) to increase dmg is true, however, it you have a specific weapon in mind either a handgun or rifle then it will take you longer to achieve the hit portion of the weapon of choice. For example if you want to reach lvl 60 in handgun and laser dmg when using a rifle your handgun will increase very little but ofc your damage will increase faster. I would just as soon get the hit lvl I want for the type of weapon I want to use by using that type of weapon e.g. handgun then work on the dmg. Basically you get the same increase in dmg if using a handgun or rifle all things being equal but you would get to your hit lvl sooner.

BTW as others have said don't worry about SIB.
Peace.

I wouldn't worry much about it.

My first ~6000 ped in hunting was cycled through rifles. After that for 300,000ped ive been using handguns almost exclusively.(a few k of the rest was melee, and a few hundred in rifles for tagging). Almost all of it laser. I think i switched from rifles to handguns sometime around lvl 12, best i can guess from my records.

I'm at 58.8 laser handgun hit vs 55.6 laser damage. So, with lets say ~97% of all my ped flowing through only laser handgun, the DMG and HIT have kept up pretty well.

Except for very early on(say under level 12 or so), i would ignore the SIB bonus. First maybe dozen levels it might be worth it use a weapon during the SIB bonus. But after that, you'll just loose too many ped with the reduced stats. Either use it at the very end of the SIB period, or after SIB has ended. Dont use it at the start of the SIB period, stats are just too low. If you have SIB hit bonus but are out of the damage bonus, they arent as bad either, but usually its the other way around your hit will be higher. And generally speaking stay away from non SIB weapons.

Nothing wrong with spreading the weapon types around at first. Especially grabbing some quick melee skills for HP. The first 1000 or 2000 in a skill goes very fast, so bang for your buck, you can get a lot of skills by spreading it around at first.

Last edited:
My laser hit and damage had a gap to atleast 5 levels apart but since I unlocked wounding the damage is catching up with the hit now.

Back