Layaway IN pE?

CrazyGirl

Dominant
Society
-=Death Legion=-
Traci CrazyGirl Y-
I had a sudden thought today that a layaway for items in PE would be kinda nifty, ther are alot of things i know i want but cant pay for all at once. thoughts on this idea? DUmb or what lol? :laugh:

would be nice, but hard to implement... would need alot of planning to make it work right...

CrazyGirl said:
I had a sudden thought today that a layaway for items in PE would be kinda nifty, ther are alot of things i know i want but cant pay for all at once. thoughts on this idea? DUmb or what lol? :laugh:

layaway... like in a bank? :confused:

I've never heard of a Layaway.. is that like placing an initial deposit down on an Item then being able to pay it up over a set period?

If so, sounds great! :tongue2:

*Puts 10 ped down on a Imp Fap....after 1000 payments and 5 years later....ITS MINE!!!!! :D

That WOULD be a nice thing...... :cool:

ultimababe said:
I've never heard of a Layaway.. is that like placing an initial deposit down on an Item then being able to pay it up over a set period?

If so, sounds great! :tongue2:

Yep.. thats exactly what it is.

I think it would be hard to implement because any item worth putting on layaway is not something you can buy at a trade terminal. And i know if i had an imp fap i wouldnt want to wait 5 years for mud to finally finish paying me my loot!! :laugh:

Most stores here in the USA have done away with this concept as its hard to manage and you have to store all this shit somewhere while the people are paying it off.

The only way it would work is if you worked with MA, so that buyer and seller would tell MA the agreed deal. MA then pays seller out his loot. Then buyer has to deal with MA as far as payback. This all equals MA might loose cash. So, plainly... this will never happen! :D

Suicide

Suicide said:
Yep.. thats exactly what it is.

I think it would be hard to implement because any item worth putting on layaway is not something you can buy at a trade terminal. And i know if i had an imp fap i wouldnt want to wait 5 years for mud to finally finish paying me my loot!! :laugh:

Most stores here in the USA have done away with this concept as its hard to manage and you have to store all this shit somewhere while the people are paying it off.

The only way it would work is if you worked with MA, so that buyer and seller would tell MA the agreed deal. MA then pays seller out his loot. Then buyer has to deal with MA as far as payback. This all equals MA might loose cash. So, plainly... this will never happen! :D

Suicide

I'm thinking Suicide's got a good conclusion here. It would be nice if I could put some Shadow, or even Nemesis armor on layaway, but if I'm going to have either another player breathing down my back for money, or worse, MA who actually has access to my PED (!! :laugh: ), I think I'll have to go with bad idea.

Not a bad idea really. As Suicide said, most places (at least in the States) have indeed done away with layaway, but that is mostly due to the fact that we now have credit cards... so who needs layaway irl? :D

In PE, however, we don't have credit ;) A short-term layaway might be something to consider...
Having worked years in retail, here would be the scenerio that I think would work...

The potential buyer and seller come to an agreement. MA could implement such a system in a terminal and/or trade window and give a few layaway options that both the buyer and seller agreed upon. The options would have to encompass several scenerios...
MA would have to make the following three options for layaway to work well and be used....
1) Give the seller (and buyer) the ability to alter the initial down payment... ie. would you like to put 25% down? 50%? 75% down?
2) Give the seller (and buyer) the ability to alter the days to pay it off... ie. pay off in 48 hours? 72 hours? 1 week?
3) Give the seller the ability to charge an interest fee for each day the item is on layaway... ie. if some1 is buying an item worth, say, 200 ped, the seller can tack on an extra 20% to the final total b/c he/she is offering a service worthy of such an interest ;)

Finally- the buyer and seller must come to the agreement in a trade window PRIOR to the finality of the agreement.
the layaway item remains on "hold" by the seller... but the seller/buyer would not be able to use the item until the layaway period was finished nor would the item be able to change hands in the mean time.
And.... if the buyer fails to complete the layaway terms he/she does not get the item (no shi* sherlock) but is out his initial deposit... just as it works irl.
therefore, layaway can behove sellers :D

this is going out of usage all over the world, and not without reason.... youve got to store it in the meantime, theres the paperwork hassle, there are always the ones who decide halfway through that they want their money back.....

for MA, this would be a system WAY harder than lending to implement...
and what if the person can no longer play? etc. thousands of reasons why this wouldnt work.... ok, i can only think of nine really good ones off-the-top. but still....i dont think this will ever make an appearance. if i were MA, this is one VU that would never even mark the blueprints....

Zasz said:
this is going out of usage all over the world, and not without reason.... youve got to store it in the meantime, theres the paperwork hassle, there are always the ones who decide halfway through that they want their money back.....

I disagree... it would be contractual as I stated in my lengthy post :girl: Just as in rl layaway, if the buyer fails to pay up the contracted amount, then he loses out and the seller keeps the gear... nothing wrong with that... that's the way the world works :girl: The "paperwork" would be easily implemented in a trade window...
again, read my previous post... it would be very easy imo...
only question is IF there is a big enough need for it ;)

hmm dont know if this is being implemented or is off topic but i think i read some where about a loan system, to be honest this would be a better system then layaway because you are dealing directly with ma, then if you wanted say some armour you could take a loan from the national bank of calypso and pay it back in installments and have a charge of interest and if these werent payed out maybe a bayliff scenario where items of similar value to missed installment are taken, and even a bounty put on your head to make walking in pvp an anoying trip.

wow, u all have really good ideas, it was just a thought tho not that MA would ever implement it into the game. but the loan thing sounds cool. we need some sort of credit.

This is one of the idea that I would classify as great in theory but impossible to impliment. That dosent take anything away from it being a nice idea though.

well it isnt impossible but would take time, i mean think how many people would have thought this game would be impossible lol :) its ju a matter of is ma willing to put the effort into it working as a functional feature or will it unbalance the economy. although the loaning idea would be easier to do and probably more effective because it is directly dealing with MA.

warmdogg said:
well it isnt impossible but would take time, i mean think how many people would have thought this game would be impossible lol :) its ju a matter of is ma willing to put the effort into it working as a functional feature or will it unbalance the economy. although the loaning idea would be easier to do and probably more effective because it is directly dealing with MA.

Honestly though, if i was MA i wouldnt want to have anything to do with handling player items and money. They have enough people emailing with 'my two bombs didnt work i want my 2 PEEED! (better of dead.. hehe). I really doubt they would want to start worrying about items as well.

Suicide

Who of you would like to guess what imp fap costs after 2 years? :)

Is price doubled, tripled or maybe halved?

I think it only could be in weekly scaly because prices can (and tradiotionally have) change but then why not to wait week or couple and buy it normally...

Back