Achievement: Learnt to avoid stuff!!

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
So yeah finally unlock avoidance yesterday. Have no pics as I'm not to bothered but I think the story is a little more interesting, so I'll fill you in on some delicious back story of how it happened :). Dates & exact evader levels are a bit fuzzy to me now, but I'll try to show when things happened & show a rough pro standing.

1 month before migration started, I began on the argonaut iron challenge. I was able to complete this mission in 2 weeks of solid hunting. I was -1600ped iirc at the end of it. Evader is lv13 before & after reward I got to lv16. It's now migration time, evader lv16.5 roughly. Completed migration in iirc 4 days. I was over +2000ped by the end of it. The reward mission allowed me to grow 2 levels more in evade. Ended with lv17.8, almost lv 18.

It was then time for the next event atrox queens, I did take part. Lost a lot of ped that first day, quit after that. Evade hardly grew but by now I'm surely lv18 evader now. Steel birds came, dodge skilled up nicely, but the combat reflex reward, pushed my evader up once again. Completed this mission in just 3 days not exactly sure what my returns were but I know I lost some peds here as well. Now I'm Lv19.XX almost lv20.

Then switched to a low lv mob, trying out the shinkiba bronze mission. By the end of it all I was 21.60 evader roughly. This mission took quite a considerable amount of time tbh, spawns for this challenge were not so great back then. I somehow got to lv22 evader by hunting some allo to try help me unlock coolness, which I did ;).

When I started on the atrax mission not to long ago. During the mission due to my playing style to try finish this asap, my evader grew 2 full levels in evade from 22 to 24. The reward helped by .47 & after that I basically bought a 11.97 chip of alertness, since the unlocker tool said that I needed 11.98 for avoidance.

I bought the chip yesterday cause I couldnt wait anymore to complete the molisk mission to obtain the same skill to get the unlock & cause getting avoidance before the new year had been my goal for the last 7-6 months & I was late by 2 days aww :). As well as unlock combat sense, which did not happen sadly. So I thought I'd treat myself just this once to get something I'd been working on for a while now. I totally deserved the chip :yup:.
Ate the chip & instantly got the unlock :yay:. I wasn't going to post this, but I changed my mind. Reason being I have never ever heard anyone get avoidance in just 6 months of solid hunting, it's actually 5 as I took a leave of absense through out November time, due to losing value on new gear I had bought, mainly A106.

So in 5 months, I went from lv 13 to lv 25 so I could get avoidance is more than an achievement. It shows that with enough guts, determination, patience, intelligence & mental acuity, anything in EU is possible, even unlocking a skill which most can't even do in 2 or more years of hunting & playing naturally (99.80%, cough). I thank MA for their missions, cause without the mission rewards this would not off been at all possible :).

Ps. the TT for the reward on atrax, the scanner said I grew 48.13 in TT. as I did a scan before the reward & afterwards. I compared the two results in the progress tab & that's what I saw. Well thanks for reading.

~Mark~

Last edited:
Congratulations on getting Avoidance!

:dodge:

Thanks for the grats, to all you guy & girl avatars :silly2:.

Very well done Mark, Gratz once again! :yay:

After about 2.5 years of playing, still 4 levels behind you. And this is with Argonaut and Molisk awards too.

Very well done Mark, Gratz once again! :yay:

After about 2.5 years of playing, still 4 levels behind you. And this is with Argonaut and Molisk awards too.
I really can't stop grinning about this :D hehe :D.

Gratz...

My avatar will be soon 4 years old and still only level ~8 evader :laugh:

Hehe. Hows your paramedic coming along?
:rofl: Your so mean Rem!! :laugh: It's coming along fine, almost there to medicine :). That's my next close goal to get this year, but I hardly ever fap while on hunts :(. I mean it can work both ways high evade/low paramedic, high paramedic/low evade. Depends what you prefer & for me its the higher evade pro standing :girl:.

Firstly, I just want to say congratulations that is an awesome background story to the unlock. As far as your comment goes on you haven't seen anyone get the unlock in 6 months... I did a solid grinding and got to level 62 blp hit/dmg in 8 months ;) I had gaps in between where I didn't hunt but all together it was 8 months.. good luck getting your other unlocks you are after! I am looking forward to seeing those achievment threads as well~~

~Danimal

Ps. the TT for the reward on atrax, the scanner said I grew 48.13 in TT. as I did a scan before the reward & afterwards. I compared the two results in the progress tab & that's what I saw. Well thanks for reading.

~Mark~

Big gratz man!
I guess you picked combat reflexes for atrax, right?
You used jdegre's?

Firstly, I just want to say congratulations that is an awesome background story to the unlock. As far as your comment goes on you haven't seen anyone get the unlock in 6 months... I did a solid grinding and got to level 62 blp hit/dmg in 8 months ;) I had gaps in between where I didn't hunt but all together it was 8 months.. good luck getting your other unlocks you are after! I am looking forward to seeing those achievment threads as well. ~Danimal~
Glad you enjoyed it, that was the intension :). Your own achievement is outstanding, well done to you too. Not sure the next unlocks will be as exciting but I'll see if it can turn around into another riveting adventure. Stay tuned in any case! :D

No wonder I couldn't kill you in the Thing pvp zone!! :) Gratz to you!! :yay:

No wonder I couldn't kill you in the Thing pvp zone!! :) Gratz to you!! :yay:
:laugh:! You couldn't kill me cause I had plates under the armor ;) & ur a bad shooter :D. J/k, thanks again.

Thx all 4 the kind words & all the +reps. Love ya'll!

:rofl: Your so mean Rem!! :laugh: It's coming along fine, almost there to medicine :). That's my next close goal to get this year, but I hardly ever fap while on hunts :(. I mean it can work both ways high evade/low paramedic, high paramedic/low evade. Depends what you prefer & for me its the higher evade pro standing :girl:.

Nonono, just curious as to when you will get the next unlock :) Getting close to Medicine is very good, will unlock you new faps (inc maxing some old style ones). Higher evade is certainly better, but eventually you will get hit.

GO RUFIE!!!!! So happy for ya mate!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Try to not avoid loot now :wtg:

Big gratz Mark :)

Nice determination you have indeed :laugh:.

Falagor
:bandit:

Big gratz Mark :)

Nice determination you have indeed :laugh:.

Falagor
:bandit:

Thanks Fal, now I'll need more determination + a new ped balance to unlock combat sense :). I should be able to do it by the end of 2012, if I now only focus on getting reward skills that help more with hit.

Thanks Fal, now I'll need more determination + a new ped balance to unlock combat sense :). I should be able to do it by the end of 2012, if I now only focus on getting reward skills that help more with hit.

While its totally up to you, I still plan to take all awards I can that influence health, defence and paramedic (in that order) over hit. Getting combat sense in a year after coolness does not look very hard to a total airhead like me (44.x levels right now) who regularily does melee and mindforce and plasma instead of lasers, so should be a piece of cake for you.

While its totally up to you, should be a piece of cake for you. I still plan to take all awards I can that influence health, defence and paramedic (in that order) over hit.
Thing is Combat Sense does give health & gives a nice boost to evade. So that's 2 of your criteria, I know it seems a bit strange but I need to unlock CS before thinking about more defence, right now lv 25 is decent so I'm very content. It'll be a challenge but it should be doable :). Thanks for your encouraging words Rem.

Thought I'd post again in my thread, very nostalgic reading and to placed an update on my Evader.

Hehe. Hows your paramedic coming along?
Currently past Lv26 Paramedic, with just using herb box's and Heart fap hehe.

Thing is Combat Sense does give health & gives a nice boost to evade. So that's 2 of your criteria, I know it seems a bit strange but I need to unlock CS before thinking about more defence, right now lv 25 is decent so I'm very content. It'll be a challenge but it should be doable :). Thanks for your encouraging words Rem.
I finally did unlock combat sense a while back. I can't recall when I did. But thanks to that skill my health and overall standing in evader grew greatly. I'm now past Lvl 34.5 Evader thanks to it. My overall aim is still to unlock quickness, but with me taking a back seater in hunting this will be a very long term goal atm.

Back