Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Tale - Hunting with Longtime

from the second post where you list out the TT spend versus returns. its about 97% returns on 13Mill spend and the loss column adds to about 100K loss - which is why i asked as yea i would expect you lost a lot more - unfortunately.
The final value tally is not 100k, and like I mentioned earlier, includes markup.

In the continuing chronicle of Meloveyou Longtime Fivedolla's journey through Entropia Universe, his 10-year anniversary unfolds with a sense of bitter irony. The milestone that should have been a celebration turns into a day of despair, marked by terrible results that cast a somber shadow over his decade-long quest.

The final monthly result for this solemn occasion stands as a stark testament to the unforgiving nature of the game, revealing a loss of -10,668.06 PED, amounting to a disheartening 95.71% of his investments. It is a harsh reminder that even after a decade of dedication, the fickle hand of fate can deal the cruelest of blows.

In a desperate bid to turn the tide, Meloveyou embarks on a monumental effort to sell almost 40,000 PED worth of markup, including two seasonal rings and another rare token. It is a Herculean task that highlights his unyielding determination to break free from the shackles of financial despair.

Yet, despite his Herculean efforts, the results remain disappointing. The total skill value earned in the month stands at a meager 8,383.94, a far cry from the progress he had hoped to make. It is a testament to the relentless struggle he faces in balancing skill development and financial stability within the game.

Compounding his woes is the discovery that shared loot, once a source of potential income, could have a cap or treated differently, having an overall gap of 2% TT over 16M. Meloveyou observes with growing frustration that Mindark, the company behind the game, is overusing shared loot mobs in areas where it is not needed. This further exacerbates his financial woes, as the expected income from shared loot becomes increasingly elusive.

Another month passes in which Meloveyou Longtime Fivedolla cannot seem to get ahead, trapped in a cycle where he is but a pawn in Mindark's grand scheme. Despite his high efficiency and an extremely high looter skill, the relentless bills imposed by the game's mechanics keep him firmly in their grip.

As Meloveyou's journey continues, the questions linger. Will he ever break free from the financial chains that bind him? Can he find a way to navigate the ever-changing landscape of Entropia Universe and finally achieve the elusive self-sufficiency he so ardently desires? Only time will tell in this enduring saga of determination, adversity, and the relentless pursuit of a better tomorrow.

Last edited:
Keep it up mate you will get there in the end, cycles bit small keep goin itl even out in the end the mod nano is a ped printer apparently

Was taking the piss lol, as if it has not evened out for you at this stage it wont for anybody.

Compounding his woes is the discovery that shared loot, once a source of potential income, could have a cap or treated differently, having an overall gap of 2% TT over 16M. Meloveyou observes with growing frustration that Mindark, the company behind the game, is overusing shared loot mobs in areas where it is not needed. This further exacerbates his financial woes, as the expected income from shared loot becomes increasingly elusive.

Whats this about 5$, a cap on shared loot?

:dunno:

Just some observations from data of 20M cycled.

Not really worth me talking about right now, except another thing for me to avoid.
Totally understand

:dunno:

Just some observations from data of 20M cycled.

Not really worth me talking about right now, except another thing for me to avoid.
From the very first time I participated in a shared mob event and losing 2K ped, I knew that shared mobs gave back less than they take.

From the very first time I participated in a shared mob event and losing 2K ped, I knew that shared mobs gave back less than they take.
Not talking about "events" per se. Just single mobs tagged as shared. There is an unwritten rule amongst many to avoid them. It's just a shame that it is where a lot of good markup tends to be. There are places that mobs are tagged as shared that shouldn't be but the markup and drops on them far exceed anywhere else.

Last edited:
if someone taps a shared loot mob and then walks away, and the mob heals back to full health, do they still get the loot event when someone else kills it? i wonder if weird events like that could explain the discrepancy

yeah, that's quite a bit of cycle so a pretty good baseline of measurement

September
TT: 96.90% (+24630.75)

This will be the limitation of my end of month posts until the end of the year and then will resume character in 2024.

Last edited:
Ah, dear reader, allow me to regale you with a tale of woe set within the digital realm of Entropia Universe. In this woeful narrative, we encounter a hapless hunter named Meloveyou Longtime Fivedolla, whose endeavors in hunting, mining, and striving for self-sufficiency are met with naught but adversity. Alas, the system within which our avatar resides seems most unkind.

Meloveyou Longtime Fivedolla valiantly dons the Electric Attack Nanochip 15, a weapon perfected for the art of hunting. However, even with this formidable tool at his disposal, our beleaguered protagonist finds himself in a constant state of borrowing gear, unable to achieve the self-sufficiency he so ardently desires. The fates, it seems, conspire against poor Meloveyou at every turn.

As the narrator of this lamentable tale, I must inform you, dear reader, that Meloveyou Longtime Fivedolla's path in Entropia Universe is one fraught with misfortune. With each new attempt to forge a prosperous existence, he encounters only hardship and disappointment. Alas, the world within the game remains resolute in its refusal to show him kindness.

Whether Meloveyou shall find respite from his relentless trials or continue to be ensnared in the web of ill fortune is a question that remains unanswered. But, as with all stories of unfortunate events, we can only hope that a glimmer of light shall one day pierce the gloom and grant our woebegone hunter a sliver of success.
Until the very last para I thought this was the most poetic rage quit post ever :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brick

I'm sorry to say this longtime but irony of this thread is that what took you so long and at such a cost to figure out, a lot of people work out at a much earlier stage of their play.

But it's not your fault like many that come, think the previous missed something out and I can do one better. No matter how long you the other or me have been here, don't forget MA has been here the longest and we have perfected for them their strategy.

I hear reselling is at the top.

Mining for high markup ore that's in constant demand is great. I hear there's hoarders holding up a lot of valuable ore and trickling it back into the system keeping its markup high.

Crafting in demand items with high markup is doable.

Hunting to break even or profit is, ( you have the results ) and many many before you also do. But I'm sure one more will come along thinking you missed an important part of the equation and he can do better....

Hunting to get items from vendor to sell can be good as a few are doing very well in that department.

Some people cry about the same thing directly ( you will see many many posts stemming years back) and then some in third person with a nice twist of poetry to subtle the cries of pain out.

If you were to just come out with it like the others have, that you have tried everything and the results are still fuc*ed no matter what tool you use how high you skill it's the same sh*t, you will come to realise your cries as well of many others are a one voice and echoes the same pain, and that you are not alone.

Regards
Tees

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say this longtime but irony of this thread is that what took you so long and at such a cost to figure out, a lot of people work out at a much earlier stage of their play.

But it's not your fault like many that come, think the previous missed something out and I can do one better. No matter how long you the other or me have been here, don't forget MA has been here the longest and we have perfected for them their strategy.

I hear reselling is at the top.

Mining for high markup ore that's in constant demand is great. I hear there's hoarders holding up a lot of valuable ore and trickling it back into the system keeping its markup high.

Crafting in demand items with high markup is doable.

Hunting to break even or profit is, ( you have the results ) and many many before you also do. But I'm sure one more will come along thinking you missed an important part of the equation and he can do better....

Hunting to get items from vendor to sell can be good as a few are doing very well in that department.

Some people cry about the same thing directly ( you will see many many posts stemming years back) and then some in third person with a nice twist of poetry to subtle the cries of pain out.

If you were to just come out with it like the others have, that you have tried everything and the results are still fuc*ed no matter what tool you use how high you skill it's the same sh*t, you will come to realise your cries as well of many others are a one voice and echoes the same pain, and that you are not alone.

Regards
Tees

Firstly I apologise for being blunt in what I am about to say. It is not an "attack" on your or others but merely trying to say what should be obvious.

The people who fail in this game are greater than the ones who don't because there are so many pitfalls in this game. Imho it is better to think of MA like an alien species as they don't necessarily do thinks as one would expect which increases even further the pitfalls rather than alleviate the ways of failing. Essentially it is all too easy to fail. The people who fail can be quite vocal although not always because not everyone is the same.

Anyway, the ones who do succeed will stay quiet. It's not in their interest to spell out to the ones who fail how to succeed. If they did then they would loose their ability to succeed or make it more difficult for themselves.

So in conclusion we always hear from one side and that is the failures and not the other side. This of course gives us results that are skewed towards failing and the impression that succeeding is impossible.

Back