Suggestion: Let me repair my melee weapon with Shrapnel at 101% conversion please!

nirocks

Young
Society
Freelancer
Next Island Rocks
i love my falcata but hate repairing it every 10 mins

also, every time i use melee i lose the 1% shrapnel conversion bonus. it would be nice if i could use the useless shrapnel i loot to repair my falcata at a 101% conversion rate, so i dont lose out on the shrapnel i loot

thoughts?

Just something to help with your issues repairing - If you buy a Portable Repair Unit (L) it will only decay when you open the window. If you leave it open it won't charge you for additional repairs. MA has known about this for a very long time so it must be an intended feature.

Just something to help with your issues repairing - If you buy a Portable Repair Unit (L) it will only decay when you open the window. If you leave it open it won't charge you for additional repairs. MA has known about this for a very long time so it must be an intended feature.
Are you sure? When I unequip the tool, whenever I drop something in there I get an error

Are you sure? When I unequip the tool, whenever I drop something in there I get an error
You need to re-equip the tool (without using it) before you press repair

Ty for the info, i will get one once i reach 7 paramedic

Ty for the info, i will get one once i reach 7 paramedic
As a heads up this also kind of defeats the purpose of using an UL weapon, especially one with so little tt to begin with.

Let me fill my car with water instead of gasoline.
i really dont see the comparison but sure

As a heads up this also kind of defeats the purpose of using an UL weapon, especially one with so little tt to begin with.
the UL weapon was free from a starter mission in ancient greece and is pretty much all i have except for tt weapons... :/

i really dont see the comparison but sure

the UL weapon was free from a starter mission in ancient greece and is pretty much all i have except for tt weapons... :/
No I'm saying using a portable repair terminal defeats the purpose of you using an UL weapon in the first place.

you sure this works when i tryed that on my melee hunts it decayed on use for me but that was last year.

you sure this works when i tryed that on my melee hunts it decayed on use for me but that was last year.

It decays on use. But the 'use' is when you open the repair window. If you leave the window open, and equip the tool without using it, you can repair.

also, every time i use melee i lose the 1% shrapnel conversion bonus. it would be nice if i could use the useless shrapnel i loot to repair my falcata at a 101% conversion rate, so i dont lose out on the shrapnel i loot

thoughts?
Makes sense, we've requested it for a long time but they allowed you to sell shrapnel on auction - that gives you pretty close to 101% -- instead of making melee repair kits. Repairing with UA would be abused and I am sure that is why they haven't done it.

Makes sense, we've requested it for a long time but they allowed you to sell shrapnel on auction - that gives you pretty close to 101% -- instead of making melee repair kits. Repairing with UA would be abused and I am sure that is why they haven't done it.
I am curious, how could one abuse it?

Pretty sure MA "fixed" this exploit. If it came back please file a support case.

Pretty sure MA "fixed" this exploit. If it came back please file a support case.
Counter point....Don't. Way more important things to fix.

Reactions: jak
Counter point....Don't. Way more important things to fix.
lol, true. But if you don't report it you chance getting a lock or ban. ;)

Especially since this exploit takes money out of MA's pockets, you bet MA cares about it. I reported this years ago and it was fixed, but like many fixes they do they come back sometimes. :p

Last edited:
lol, true. But if you don't report it you chance getting a lock or ban. ;)

Especially since this exploit takes money out of MA's pockets, you bet MA cares about it. I reported this years ago and it was fixed, but like many fixes they do they come back sometimes. :p
I don't use UL shit melee weapons anyway, but that is way less money being taken out of Mindarks pockets then ya know...being able to get 53% reload speed. And that's why MA won't fix that.

The reason these type of melee weapons are very cheap compared to their ranged counterparts is because of these exact two reasons. You get what you paid for. In this case the falcata was free lol.
Look at archons sword, or shadagi, these are similar to falcata, no ammo usage and very quick to break. But on raw stats (dps and efficiency) they are massively cheaper than what they would be as a ranged weapon.

Ever wonder why songkra corrosive dagger sells at 1000 but arcspark sells for 4000 despite very comparable stats? Check the max TT

Last edited:

thoughts?

You know shrapnel is tradeable, even auctionable now?

Not very comparable. One is catastrophic for the car, the other would just improve the economy due to making more weapons worth using.
X to doubt

maybe on the bigger, better stuff

just do what i did instead on the low stuff

i bought 3 extra falcatas. when i want to falc, i falc x4

i have like 5 falcata's from back in my newbie days. This is the way.
Eh, found out the way is to actually use another longblade than that pos XD

Back