Let's keep the sweat price up guys!

Jahat

Young
When I started Entropia, sweat was a measly 0.3pec, maybe 0.4pec if you were selling in bulk. Everyday I hoped that the sweat prices would go up, and finally my wishes were answered when I logged back into Entropia for the first time in months yesterday to find that sweat price were 0.72pec average. I believe this is a reasonable price considering how long it can take to gain sweat, but I'm concerned that it will drop. Today I saw someone trying to buy sweat at 0.69 which shows that the price is starting to drop. So i encourage all fellow n00bs, don't sell your sweat for ANY LESS THAN 0.75 PECs, so that we won't experience a crash. If you can, go higher. Selling sweat @ a low price today will just mean an even lower price tomorrow. Fight the power! Join the Sweaters Union!

First of all sweat was NEVER 0.3 and if u sold it for that much u got ripped off... and 2nd... NO MORE SWEAT THREADS... Sweat is the most minimally used and most insignificant item in the game yet it is discussed as if its the most important item in the game... No more Increase the price of sweat threads!!

That's how I remember the price, about 6 months ago @ PA. And sweat isn't as insignificant as you put it. It's pretty much the only way to get money without depositing.

FYI most people that are fairly active on this forum deposit and could care less what sweat does, unless they use MF in which they can only want it to go down so it is reasonable to use, some probably not even that since the sweat cap was removed.

There is a freaking invasion of these guys, I swear!

invasion of the :sweat: :whiner:

btw, instead of whining click the link in my signature and win more then 20ped in prices by sweating.

And plz, for the sake of this forum: NO MORE SWEAT PRICE TOPICS

sry, but 1/5 of the posted topics hrer are about sweat :rolleyes:

oops, mine is too :D

I think I've seen 5 of these threads now in the past 3 days.

Because they've been popping up so frequently, I responded to one, so here you go:

Some things to think about:

Yes, sweat prices are low right now. Yes, sweat gathering may seem quite difficult when you're just starting out. BUT, you are making money for FREE, at the expense of other EU inhabitants who deposit. Those depositing inhabitants will only pay the price that they are willing to part with for the item that they are buying, thus the BUYER sets the price. Think about it, if some guy opened a bread store, and started selling bread for $30 a slice when the current price in the area is $0.20 a slice, and buyers in the area are only willing to pay $0.20 a slice, would he sell any bread? Even more...if the buyers are all able to make their own bread, and they are only willing to pay $0.10 for a slice, then even those who are selling for $0.20 will have to drop their price.

The only cost to you is time spent, AND you gain some very useful skills during the time spent sweating.

It is entirely possible to make it on Calypso without EVER depositing a single cent. However, EU is not a universe that you can master overnight...it is meant to take time. It takes even more time if you don't deposit. If you are bent on making it without ever depositing, and also bent on not selling your sweat for the current market price, try holding onto it for a few months to see if the price goes up. During that time you'll gather a whole lot more sweat, and gain a lot of skills. The markets here do flucuate a lot, just like RL markets. Of course, the price may also fall even more...

If you do a search on the forum, I'm sure you'll find dozens more threads started by people that say sweat gathering is getting harder, or that sweat prices are too low.

Sweating is a free activity that newcomers can do when they arrive on Calypso. Fruit and Dung gathering is another. Exploring is also another. It is not really meant to be something to make a living on though. If sweat gathering is too boring or too difficult for you, then deposit and try out something else, or try offering a service to others to make some PED.

Welcome to Calypso, and good luck! :)

:jawdrop: Cant there be a rule on the forum that it is forbidden to waste bandwith by REPEATING STUFF OVER 5000 TIMES.:mad:

REALLY I AM GETTING A SERIOUS URGE TO COME OVER TO WHEREVER U LIVE AND BLOW UR PC TO TINY BITS :bomb: AS U SURE AS HELL DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT!!!!!

THERE IS THIS THING CALLED A SEARCH FUNCTION, AND THERE IS A THING CALLED """""COMMOM SENSE"""" GUESS IT AINT SO COMMOM FOR SOME PEOPLE :banghead:

AND YES THIS IS A RANT AS I AM FREAKING PISSED OFF TO SEE A LOVELY FORUM GO TO WASTE BECAUSE SOME IMBECILES WHO CANT USE SEARCH, THINK, OR KNOW WHAT IS USELESS TO POST.:cussing:

**Insert all Violent smileys known and u know what i feel****

anyway time for some of hollands finest, and a few hours AWAY from these threads, And know that if i still feel bad in a few hours ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!.

Last edited:
You should read rule # 12 :D

Edit: Cyco posted while I was posting this one. This was aimed at sweat thread not her rant.

..guys, it dont work to just whine on the price,...
the sellers want the highes price as possible and the buyers want the cheapest..

if you so badly want that price to rise.. DEPOSIT A LARGE SUM, and use 10hours a day at PA and buy for about 1.5-2.0pecs bottle...in one month or so.

welcome back to the game. and i'd say 6 months ago sweat was 4 pec, not 0.4 pec...so you returned a bit late ;)

sweat was 4.0 then 2.0 then 1.0 now 0.7 :p deal with it... Just like nintendo 64 was 299 then 199 then 175 and now 5 bucks :) Things change lol

Next sweat post i see im gonna change its subject and respond about a totally different issue lol thats the new policy ! Sweat thread will become a new kinda thread :)

welcome back to the game. and i'd say 6 months ago sweat was 4 pec, not 0.4 pec...so you returned a bit late ;)

Nah, I wish lol. I used to sweat sometimes back then. I wish It were that high ;)

Seriously though, even IF your campaingn works. Along with the other ones, the only thing It will do for you Is give you a few extra PED, but will cost heavy ME users 100s.

Quite selfish really If you think about It. Sure. I got a better price when I used to sweat, but only because of the market, I never used to hold sweat price campaigns.

This is basically price manupulation. Stupidly, your trying to corner the unlimited market of sweat. Not possible, selfish, and it wont work. Stop wasting your time, and deposit.

Just deposit $5 per week. This 50 ped will enable a few sweat / opalo hunts with global chances, while also increasing your skills. You will actually be PLAYING Entropia.

Every one of these 'sweat' threads boils down to 'making money' in Entropia. Just deposit and play the game.

(i was going to say you will never make enough money to live, but there are those in the game who have done just that, although whether they started their riches by just sweating I don't honestly know)

Who the hell wants to play a game where all ya do is spend hours sweating animals then spend hours selling it.

Deposit $5, go kill stuff.

Next sweat post i see im gonna change its subject and respond about a totally different issue lol thats the new policy ! Sweat thread will become a new kinda thread :)

Good Idea!

Mindark really should do something about that damn egg.:laugh:

buyimg sweat .05

yawn :computer: yet another one of these threads ...:kos:

When i started, i complained about sweat prices (not in forum, but i did)
after finding the forum, i found ppl complaining about sweat prices
then, when the price was 4 for some time, we had silence from the sweat prices
but ppl complained about too high ME prices
now the sweaters are back ;)

Good Idea!

Mindark really should do something about that damn egg.:laugh:

So ya wht is up with that egg... new mob perhaps?? that would be a pretty sweet deal... What do others think :) :D

:jawdrop: Cant there be a rule on the forum that it is forbidden to waste bandwith by REPEATING STUFF OVER 5000 TIMES.:mad:

REALLY I AM GETTING A SERIOUS URGE TO COME OVER TO WHEREVER U LIVE AND BLOW UR PC TO TINY BITS :bomb: AS U SURE AS HELL DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT!!!!!

THERE IS THIS THING CALLED A SEARCH FUNCTION, AND THERE IS A THING CALLED """""COMMOM SENSE"""" GUESS IT AINT SO COMMOM FOR SOME PEOPLE :banghead:

AND YES THIS IS A RANT AS I AM FREAKING PISSED OFF TO SEE A LOVELY FORUM GO TO WASTE BECAUSE SOME IMBECILES WHO CANT USE SEARCH, THINK, OR KNOW WHAT IS USELESS TO POST.:cussing:

**Insert all Violent smileys known and u know what i feel****

anyway time for some of hollands finest, and a few hours AWAY from these threads, And know that if i still feel bad in a few hours ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!.

thanks for stating out what many of us think :yay:
+rep ya for that

ahhh the egg

NO! WE ARE NOT ALL SAYING AAAAH THE EGG AGAIN!!!!

....*cough*

ahhh the egg

and btw, if the sweat price increases? Bam, more people will sweat because they can make more money on it, and bam, the price is rock bottom again. Unless sweat is more useful, it will not rise in price

I am NOT in Entropia for the money, I'm in it for the game. I can't make a deposit because I don't have a credit card, and honestly I think sweat prices are way too cheap atm. even 1.0pec would do fine.

-neg rep for another worthless sweat price thread.

A free market is a market where the price of each item or service is arranged by the mutual consent of sellers and buyers (see supply and demand); the opposite is a controlled market, where supply and price are set by a government.[1] However, while a free market necessitates that government does not dictate prices, it also requires the traders themselves do not coerce or defraud each other, so that all trades are morally voluntary.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market

Maybe same guy with different login trying to raise the sweat price issue? :scratch2:

Regarding threads concerning Sweat and other

When one reads some threads, it make me think that the Forums are only for those who deposit or are uber, and all others should keep their mouth shut.
This is a type of game open to all even those who for some reason neither can or wouldn't deposit.
Then its a Swedish game and we do regard the freedom of speech as something very important. If dont like what ppl write then dont read it, or make a constructive comment, but dont threat ppl that you should trash their computer or something like that. Thats childish. Read about the game etiquette.

I am NOT in Entropia for the money, I'm in it for the game. I can't make a deposit because I don't have a credit card, and honestly I think sweat prices are way too cheap atm. even 1.0pec would do fine

err do online surveys, or payed e-mails? get payed in paypal or e-gold or wired to a bank account. convert it to paynova.. tada!

Back