Life expectancy of Entropia Universe

What do you think is the life expectancy of Entropia Universe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Society
Laudanum
Jorge AstralPrince Kingstone
A week or so ago I came across a similar thread, but it was years old. I myself love to make polls where I can expect a large participation. This seems an interesting topic to me so I said hey, why not. Times have changed and new players have come and olds have gone. I would like to avoid the votes of those who quit the game, or are just pissed off at it for their own reasons simply because I know what most of them would vote for. Also, I won't put a "I don't know" option because most would go for that one, I guess.

Feel free to say why you chose that option. Let the poll...begin:yay:

I voted the first option. I know that all the issues in past few months have finally turned me off for good on EU. Loot really terrible, issues with insider trading, old systems not back, client DC's constantly to name a few. I log in for a few min to see whats on auction and thats it. I'm just waiting around to see what Arkadia will be like then will have my account deleted via support ticket.

Sold everything already and left myself with Peds for the tp fee and that's bout it. MA really fooked up a good game. Just my :twocents: :dunno:

-Bemo-

I voted the first option. I know that all the issues in past few months have finally turned me off for good on EU. Loot really terrible, issues with insider trading, old systems not back, client DC's constantly to name a few. I log in for a few min to see whats on auction and thats it. I'm just waiting around to see what Arkadia will be like then will have my account deleted via support ticket.

Sold everything already and left myself with Peds for the tp fee and that's bout it. MA really fooked up a good game. Just my :twocents: :dunno:

-Bemo-

This is a perfect example of the vote i was trying to avoid. You had a bad time, got tired of the game, you are mad at MA therefore your opinion will be negative. This isn't a poll to reflect your like or dislike of the game but to take a neutral stance and guess the future lifespan of the game. I appreciate your time to reply, and don't feel like I'm bashing you, it's just that you as many others are a vote that I cannot avoid to have but would like to for better results.

If MA can live,learn and adapt then there is a big future for EU.
And also not take on every single person with a few bucks to build a world but look only to those that will have a positive impact on the product.They need to protect the brand and occasionally that means turning down a few bucks.

They also need to step out from behind the curtain occasionally and allay some player fears but that remains to be seen.

Ultimately if MA wants it to have a bright future-and I believe they do- then theres no reason why it cant.

This is a perfect example of the vote i was trying to avoid. You had a bad time, got tired of the game, you are mad at MA therefore your opinion will be negative. This isn't a poll to reflect your like or dislike of the game but to take a neutral stance and guess the future lifespan of the game. I appreciate your time to reply, and don't feel like I'm bashing you, it's just that you as many others are a vote that I cannot avoid to have but would like to for better results.

No offense taken. Been in game bout 3 years and spent alot of RL cash in that time here. Not mad at MA just tired of the way they are killing the game. Its been on a downward spiral for quiet some time now. That is the reason I voted like I did not cause I am mad at the game or anything like that :)

-Bemo-

No offense taken. Been in game bout 3 years and spent alot of RL cash in that time here. Not mad at MA just tired of the way they are killing the game. Its been on a downward spiral for quiet some time now. That is the reason I voted like I did not cause I am mad at the game or anything like that :)

-Bemo-

Thanks for your understanding. The thing with these topics is, some people complain for something that others may think its awesome, that's why I want people to take a neutral stance and consider everything before voting.:)

P.S: An example, earlier today somebody mentioned that higher level mobs had higher regeneration and movement, or better AI, and they saw that as something bad. On the other side, I see that as good, it is more fun, more AI = more fun hunting.

I've been reading of the predicted death of Entropia ever since I've been here. Afterworld was the main reason hinted at. Can't see it happening any time soon.

Voted 6+.

I tend to agree with Bemo.

MA has screwed up, and unless it fixes things with the majority of the population I can see more and more people following Bemos example.

EU has sooooooooooooo much potential, but it seems that the priority is instant cash, not keeping a happy, stable and consistant player base. Loot seems bad atm, but it could improve, there are new planets opening up and thats great, but I think that the majority of entropians have lost a lot of faith in MA.

They rarely communicate on issues that are formost in most players minds, be that the recent account locks or PP's playing as normal avatars. The lack of communication produces wild speculation and rumours and basically undermines the trust, we all give MA, that the game is fair and that everyone plays by the same rules.

This is an RCE, and as such many people have invested a lot of time and money in it. MA seems to expect that people will continually invest more and more funds into a virtual world - where they own everything , despite the fact that we pay money for our items and real estate, where we can be banned for exploitations with no written list of banable exploits to refer to, where a withdrawal can take months to process, but your deposit is instant and where they can reduce your investment in high-end, high MU items instantly by dropping 100's within an hour or so, halving your personal wealth (both in game and RL)..

We are all here voluntarily, no-one forces us to invest or play. The same can be said in RL. But why do we expect a real world business to conduct its self better and more openly?
Can you honestly say that you would continue to invest in a real world company that treats you the same way that MA treats its clients/investors?

I'm not saying that we need to be privy to every detail of MA's business, thats rediculous and unrealistic , but they could show us a little more respect by publicly addressing aspects of game play/business that we find unfair or confusing.
How hard would it be for the PR manager at MA to post a short answer to a large concern?
The recent lock out could have been quickly and easily addressed with a short statement such as:

" There has recently been an incident of concern that we are currently investigating. In order for the investigation to proceed as quickly as possible it has become necessary to lock approximatly 100 accounts. We are hoping that the investigation will be sucessfully concluded within the next 7 days. To those that have been affected by the lockouts, we hope that you understand that we wish to safeguard your accounts and investment and in order to do this we have had to lock your account."

Simple really - everyone is aware that something has happened, there is a time frame for conclusion in place, and an explanation for the locks, without giving away any details of the investigation. It also gives a sense of security and caring for the customer base.

Unless MA's attitude changes toward its paying customers, i cant see too many still here in a years time.

I think MA is on to something extremly big here.. they just need to learn how to advertise.. and keep their playerbase happy..

EU has so much potential.. and I have no clue why it hasnt gotten really big yet.. might be because most ppl just see it as a game and dont wanna see how much potential it really has.. but as we all know MA is a small company and it needs time to grow.. sure they started like 10-11 years ago.. but it cant be easy doing these kinds of ground breaking online thingies.. no one has seen anything like it before.. and is there really a need for virtual universes when we already have a perfectly working universe (irl)

only thing I know.. and this is my opinion.. is that EU is gonna grow.. might not be fast but its gonna grow.. who knows.. some day we might be able to go shopping in our local grocerie store in EU and get it delivered home to your door.. (that would be awesome btw.. then theres more time for hunting)

To a degree PE is immortal.
If MA did a bug fix marathon for 12months, and never developed any new content. Simply left the servers running, the game would be able to substain for decades. All that would be needed is more money in then cost of servers. There are so few players, by the time all 6billion people on earh had tryed PE and liked or disliked it. They would all be dead, and new generations would hear of PE.

Realisticly grafix would get worse compared to other games over the years, and we all know MA dont just develop PE for the sake of getting more money in then costs. They made PE to make ALOT more money inn then out.

How long can MA 'trick' or how long do we feel MA has something to offer us.

They only problem is that when PE dies.. it does so in a week, and not years.

this game isn't going to die anytime soon. it might change a lot over the years, to the point where the older player base won't like it anymore, but the people that can adapt to the changes will still enjoy it.

voted 6+ to be on the safe side but 10+ still seems very likely.

I think MA/FPC by themselves are unable to kill this game whatever they do, because players like EU and need it.

So as long as human addiction doesn't disappear, I can't see a end for EU coming from playerbase.
Possibly EU will be resold to a new owner every year during a decade, then finally the last owner will just stop "improving" it, and one day will unplug the server.

I wish all of us have managed to leave before that day.
Can you imagine this? All items back to TT+0.

:lolup: LOL... you cant open a poll in a public forum and ask people the reason why they are voting and then disapprove their opinion then say you want the results to be fair?... defies the purpose.

I voted and can see EU being here for quite sometime now.

A thing to consider: look at the buying section on forums - many are interested in LAs, many new ppl to the forum. People want to invest. People like to dramatize all the time: "OMG EVERYONE IS SELLING OUT AND LEAVING!!11!11"

As Kimmi said, sustaining the universe isn`t that costly, the new content developpment is what increases the costs a lot.

People like to dramatize all the time: "OMG EVERYONE IS SELLING OUT AND LEAVING!!11!11"

If everyone is selling then someone must be buying... there are no 'Sales' without a buyer lol... Good point.

A thing to consider: look at the buying section on forums - many are interested in LAs, many new ppl to the forum. People want to invest. People like to dramatize all the time: "OMG EVERYONE IS SELLING OUT AND LEAVING!!11!11"
The sky has been falling for several years now. :)

I disagree with the highlighted portion of your comment!

Survival of the game depends on the sentiment of the players! You can't exclude the negative sentiment when you are talking about it's future.....

Infact, if there are a lot of players with similar view and attitude towards EU as Vemo has then the universe would die sooner than you can think of.....

On the other hand if you see only few people have such negative views about EU .. then by itself would imply longevity for EU!

I think it's a good poll.... but your approach to it is wrong......

Having said that.... I also see a lot of potential and bright future for EU... if newer interactive technologies are implemented.. So, I voted for 6+ :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the majority of people who've been in the game 4+ years now will vote either of the last options.

There were many times in the past where we thought the game was dying. It hasn't.

While Entropia completely owns this niche market, the game will survive. Entropia players are long term players - that's what happens when you get people to invest real assets.

The only thing that could threaten this game is if mainstream game publisher released a good RCE game. But I can't see that happening for a long time yet. Small start-ups wont threaten MA any more. Afterworld? Na, never gonna get there. Noggins world? heh..

I think the longevity depends on the world economy...This isn't a game just for one country, so you gotta look at it from a standpoint of whats happening in the whole world at the time..lets just give it 2 or 3 years and then see what happens..P.S....Peds get spread thin and it becomes a basic pay to play game...Feels that way to me...now it became expensive..

The game itself is immortal

I am quite sure Entropia Universe, the game itself can live a very long life.

However I am not so optimistic about its current owner lol

for my part MA can die right now and I dont care...

The game will live forever in a form or another.

When shit happend, we only need to gather enough funds to buy the certain parts of the game and run it ourself on another server.

It wont be expensive, since we dont have to pay a dead MA half million dollar for some part of EU :)

Love when tottaly newbie go posting this. This game is already 9 years old. So it has a greater life then any other game already (expect a few MMO then )

I do agree that I cross my fingers with MindArk as dev company. i mentoined this before that for its current operations it is way too small. Hopefully next Island and Arkadia bring in new ppl. (Next island should already but i dont hear stories of an increase newbie activity their)

As for Calypso. With SEE now the owner I see a longer life expect you dont hear much of them. Actually you hear them less then as FPC.

As for the entire game. It is build to last decades and it is open sandbox still. So do your thing and it will go forever. (not such as other MMO where there is a lvl cap and the quest stop.)

Urhhmm....

Lol Mikeemooo you don't seem to agree with Davies ?!!? :rolleyes:
Is he thinking he can run EU server software on a P4? :laugh:

I voted nr 4, well I'm quite optimisticly looking into the future of PE/EU. Been here for quite a time now, I remember old sweat farms days... as already said, sky has been falling for a looooong time (it's damn high isn't it? :D).
Can't see EU disappearing.

Who remembers the "For decades to come" part of their slogan?

Go MA, GO! :wtg:

For years we've all heard that EU is dying yet its still here.
We've heard about "all those players" selling up yet EU is still here.
The global econonmy has taken a real kicking over the last few years and EU is still here.

If it can survive all that then it will probably be here for a very long time.

I look forward to many more years of people moaning about poor returns, bugs, AI, graphics problems, old systems still not reintroduced blah blah blah.

May the HOF be with you.

I voted 6+.

When all us old fogies have finally thrown in the towel, there will be a whole new generation of eager and excitable players to boost it along.

On a personal level, when ever I get pissed at the game.. and it happens a lot. I just take a few days off then I'm in need of my EU fix and find myself logging back on again. Hell.. even if it's to chat to my wonderful soccies etc, I still find a reason to log back on and I suspect I always will do.

When shit happend, we only need to gather enough funds to buy the certain parts of the game and run it ourself on another server.

It wont be expensive, since we dont have to pay a dead MA half million dollar for some part of EU :)
Dibs on getting all the decay!

IMVHO, EU life is directly bound to competitors joining the field: when someone with a clue about «Customer Care» and «Storyline» and «Playability» will join the MMORPG+RCE, MA and partners will fade away. And that would make me unhappy, sure.

I voted 6+ because they're still in time to make some significant change to their vision.

I am quite sure Entropia Universe, the game itself can live a very long life.

However I am not so optimistic about its current owner lol

for my part MA can die right now and I dont care...

The game will live forever in a form or another.

server hardware is relativly cheap, but if you expect a decent number of players, enjoy paying for bandwidth :eyecrazy:

I voted 6+. I see very healthy amounts of new people coming into the game, some of whom then go on to get LAs or become otherwise deeply invested in game. Of course there is a number of old timers leaving, but a lot of this is normal. Others are staying, and the high skilled ones will probably have an increasing amount of work awaiting them.

Also, new armors, new guns and new L faps (and people having skills to use these) have changed the valuations of a lot of old things, many of which were overpriced in the first place, creating the illusion that the Entropia economy is not healthy ... to people measuring the economy in said high markup items.

its a miracle for such a scamm to survive this long realy.
all my fun money will rather be thrown out the window than be put on this fucking scamm thats for sure

Back