Liisi's (noob) Hunting Log

Liisi

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Christina Liisi Statik
Hello everyone!

As a recent new player in Entropia Universe, I am planning on logging all my loot that I receive including markup. If applicable, I will log skill gains made during the hunt, listing notable skills I progress in (Rifle, Laser Weapon, Combat Reflexes, etc...)

I will usually do runs of about 50 peds, which seems minimal, but for noob mobs, it's quite a bit, with hundreds of dead mobs with this amount of ammo. Main mobs I'll be focusing on are Daikiba and Exarosaur.

Note: I do not use armor for this, since I find it is overkill. Instead, my only defense will be healing preceding each monster attack.

-------------

Format for runs is as follows:

Run #

Equipment: (Typically opalo with M2100 as finisher, may run amped as well)

Costs
Ammo:
Healing:
Weapon decay:
Amp: if applicable

Loot
TT Value:
Markup:
Notable Items:

Returns - TT and %
This run:
Total:

Additional notes:

Last edited:
Also please do consider that fap decay seems not to be loot-compensated for. Please do use armor instead of fapping.

I was unaware of this. However, I would prefer fapping, since it provides skill gains while I'm at it. I have no need to fap mid-battle, and I don't die. I'd like to get more input on this from others, see what they think as well.

=========

Run 1

Equipment: [Unamped] Opalo, TT Fap, M2100 (finisher)

Costs
Ammo: 25.00 PED (cut it short, was going out)
Healing: 1.13 PED
Weapon decay: 0.22 PED
Amp: N/A

Loot
TT Value: 12.96 PED
Markup: 13.85 PED
Notable Items: None

Returns - TT and %
This run: -12.04 PED / -11.15 w/ MU
% Return: 51.84 % / 55.40% w/ MU
Total: -12.04 PED / -11.15 w/ MU

Additional notes: Found some Caroot and Rutol when walking, Rutol has good MU, but I didn't include that in the final price. 285 Skills & Attributes gained! :) Not all was lost.

Last edited:
Nice good luck! :)

~Danimal

Please take into consideration that overkill seems not to be loot-compensated for. Please use a finisher.

Also please do consider that fap decay seems not to be loot-compensated for. Please do use armor instead of fapping.

Is armour decay compensated in loot? If fapping getting skills as a medic

Bah dont listen to them... slap an a101 on that opalo all you need.

Also I always get bigger loot after having a fapwar with a mob... big decay=big win

Bah dont listen to them... slap an a101 on that opalo all you need.

Also I always get bigger loot after having a fapwar with a mob... big decay=big win

edit lol ....

Fistly welcome & gl on ur logs. Secondly, don't amp the M2100 not worth it. Thirdly, listen to paul.
Please take into consideration that overkill seems not to be loot-compensated for. Please use a finisher.

can't wait to watch a newbie grow from a newbie to an uber :D good research on loots this is ;D

oh and by the way do you have a mentor? If not get one ;D, then all the anatomy you get will go towards graduating. When you graduate you get a full set of adj. pixie (decent armor and with 5B plates and decent evade allows a mid-lv player to fight trox) and a car. Oh and amp the opalo with an a101 it gives a higher dps and overall eco

Last edited:
Run 2

Equipment: Opalo, M2100 (finisher), Vivo T1

Costs
Ammo: 50.00 PED
Healing: 2.06 PED
Weapon decay: 0.53 PED
Amp: None

Loot
TT Value: 38.90 PED
Markup: 41.05
Notable Items: None

Returns - TT and %
This run: -13.69 PED / -11.54 w/ MU
% Return: 72.62 % / 76.92% w/ MU
Total: -25.73 PED / - 22.69 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 69.74% w/ MU

Additional notes: Skillgains: 486!! Very good skillgains, despite somewhat bad returns.

big decay=big win

True, that's why people in LA events use highest decay weapons/setup to win. :)

Anyway,

Good luck with your hunting log.

I remember my self hunting with a 100ped budget for a month... in the end I skilled 2k rifle and other skills, though it was a long time ago.
Never TT your loot, there are always people who will buy EVEN DUNG for a decent price :)

Something for an encouragement.

p.s
I only used armour I looted in my hunts.. after that, I sold all my pixie/goblin stuff to people through private trade.
Even tt+0.70 can bring you in to a profit in a long term

I remember my self hunting with a 100ped budget for a month... in the end I skilled 2k rifle and other skills, though it was a long time ago.
Never TT your loot, there are always people who will buy EVEN DUNG for a decent price :)

I'm currently stockpiling all my loot, since I have a rather large PED pool (at least for my level). That way, I can stockpile more loot to sell it later. I spent too much time in Twin Peaks trying to sell 50 animal oil residue :laugh:

Thanks for the reassurance, hopefully I will receive better loot in the future, and nice skillgains no doubt. :yay:

I am not sure if fapping decay is added to loot pool ( my opinion is like Paul`s - its not, but can`t cover it with fact :) ).

But couple of tips. Do daikibas or any other low lvl mob with mission. Skip exa`s because there is no mission for them currently.
Buy a101 amp for opalo - more eco and dps. You can sell amp later when you switch to higher level guns and need another amp.
Switch to herb box after you max it and sell vivo to TT.

Also, I think that low TT return you have currently is most likely because you didn`t maxed opalo yet.
And yeah, have fun ;)

Good luck.

I am not sure if fapping decay is added to loot pool ( my opinion is like Paul`s - its not, but can`t cover it with fact :) ).

But couple of tips. Do daikibas or any other low lvl mob with mission. Skip exa`s because there is no mission for them currently.
Buy a101 amp for opalo - more eco and dps. You can sell amp later when you switch to higher level guns and need another amp.
Switch to herb box after you max it and sell vivo to TT.

Also, I think that low TT return you have currently is most likely because you didn`t maxed opalo yet.
And yeah, have fun ;)

Good luck.

:yay: get a herb box for tt + 1 and max it and tier it to 1 most eco fap ingame and a tier one sells for + 30

tier one sells for + 30
Nope tier 1 is TT+8-9, tier 2 is TT+30. Even I have a tier 2 herb box & it took ages to tier it even with good tier numbers, now on my 2nd herby trying to reach tier 2 ;).

Run 2

Additional notes: Skillgains: 486!! Very good skillgains, despite somewhat bad returns.

I woud drop the m2100 as finisher and use kiwio mk2 instead. The faster you get to markmanship, the better. Or from another POV, the faster you get to maxed M1A and can switch to it + a102, the better. This is the "just get to the Rikers, then you can hunt forever with great dps, eco and range" POV.

And no, i never had great opalo hunting days. Still carry a M1A as finisher.

:yay: get a herb box for tt + 1 and max it and tier it to 1 most eco fap ingame and a tier one sells for + 30

Don't get a Herb box before you are maxed on it. And try both herb box and T5 before deciding which to keep using.

Run 3

Costs
Ammo: 30.00 PED
Healing: 1.39 PED
Weapon decay: 0.32 PED

Loot
TT Value: 22.17 PED
Markup: 26.27 PED
Notable Items: Daikiba Skull :laugh:

Returns - TT and %
This run: -9.54 PED / -5.44 w/ MU
% Return: 68.20 % / 81.87% w/ MU
Total: -35.27 PED / - 28.13 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 73.21% w/ MU

Additional notes: Skillgains: 273!! Agility now approximately 17. Should sweat to increase this and psyche for cheap.
More subpar returns, hoping to get a nice run next time so I can break even and hunt some more.

For all of you saying I should get a herb box and use that instead of Vivo T1, I haven't maxed the Vivo yet, so no herb box for me. I'm all for being economical, but not when it's beyond my current means.

Have you maxed your opalo yet? and it is def worth it to get an a101 amp for it. I have been grinding the merp mission lately. 50ped ammo, naked with t1 for ocassional heals... most of my runs I get about 60ped tt loot meaning 10ped loss. It helps that I have only about 2ped decay on fap and no armor cost.

So far I am on 350/5k and only -10ped return... sux that there is almost no mu to be had so you need to profit on tt if at all... daika are even worse in my experience.

Subscribing. Are you a returning player with prior experience?

Yes, I stopped playing shortly after VU10 came out. Char got deleted, obviously.

Have you maxed your opalo yet? and it is def worth it to get an a101 amp for it.

I have not yet maxed my opalo, working on it. I currently own an A101 amp, but I have not yet used it seriously. I wish to continue unamped until I finally max the opalo.

============

Run 4

Costs
Ammo: 50.00 PED
Healing: 0.47 PED
Weapon decay: 0.53 PED

Loot
TT Value: 67.15 PED
Markup: 76.31 PED
Notable Items: Fap-28, Kobold Harness (F), collected fruit 5 times (didn't count to return)

Returns - TT and %
This run: 17.15 PED / 25.32 w/ MU
% Return: 131.69 % / 149.66% w/ MU
Total: -18.12 PED / - 2.81 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 98.181% w/ MU

Additional notes: Skillgains: 421. Almost at 20 agility. Had very few evade gains, sadly, since I was too efficient and killed many mobs before they even reached me.

I maxed the Vivo T1 fap, and am planning on purchasing an Herb Box soon. Looking at the stats on entropedia, it looks like a much needed improvement! Nearly double heal/s compared to Vivo T1.

Last edited:
Run 5

Hunted Oro on Arkadia this run

Equipment: Herman LAW-101, M2100 (finisher), Herb Box

Costs
Healing: 2.47 PED
Weapon decay: 0.32 PED

Loot
TT Value: 23.01
Markup: 31.01 PED
Notable Items: Some weird high-markup extractors (1500%)

Returns - TT and %
This run: 23.01 PED / 31.01 PED w/ MU
% Return: 70.1% / 94.5% w/ MU
Total: -27.90 PED / - 4.59 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 97.51% w/ MU

Notes: Skill gains were ~300. I have mixed feelings about hunting Oro. The loot was decent with MU often 120% or more on stuff other than oils. I also seemed to get quite decent skillgains, but that may be because I was using a different weapon. I was disappointed however, at the Oro's high hitrate, which seemed to hit me a lot more than the mobs on Calypso. Oro also had some pretty high regen, which made using a finisher a little finicky.

Run 6

Back on Calypso, hunted Exas and various 'snots.

Equipment: Herman LAW-101, M2100 (finisher), Herb Box

Costs
Healing: 0.00 PED (hooray!)
Weapon decay: 0.44 PED

Loot
TT Value: 19.70 PED
Markup: 21.40 PED
Notable Items: FAP-5

Returns - TT and %
This run: 19.26 PED / 20.96 PED w/ MU
% Return: 64.71 % / 70.30 % w/ MU
Total: -38.64 PED / - 14.07 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 93.45% w/ MU
(of 215 ped)

Notes: A mere 164 skillgains. Opalo hit maxed, so fewer skills I guess. Loot wasn't that great. Hoping on pulling even on my next hunt. Probably going to use CB5 or Herman ARK.

Run 7

Exa and 'snot hunting, swords this time

Equipment: 2x Arkadia TT swords

Costs
Ammo: 29.12 PED
Healing: 3.18 PED
Weapon decay: 0.00 PED

Loot
TT Value: 20.33 PED
Markup: 21.63 PED
Notable Items: Lacerating Attack Chip III (L)

Returns - TT and %
This run: -11.97 PED / - 10.67 PED w/ MU
% Return: 62.94 % / 66.96 % w/ MU
Total: - 50.61 PED / - 24.74 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 89.99% w/ MU
(of 247.3 ped)

Notes: Got very nice skillgains at 339 in total. I also got some strength gains, so my carrying capacity went up just a bit more. But now that I'm more than 50 PEDs in the red for TT, I think it's time for some good returns.

(Additional note: Percentage return with markup is theoretical, I make about 1-1.5% less then actually, since lowballing traders are always around.)

Run 8

Exa and 'snot hunting with knives

Equipment: 1 Ark TT knife, 1 Caly TT knife

Costs
Healing: 1.85 PED
Weapon decay: 22.81 PED

Loot
TT Value: 12.56 PED
Markup: 13.74 PED
Notable Items: Pixie (M) Arms, Colonizer (F) Foot Guards (tt junk)

Returns - TT and %
This run: -12.10 PED / - 10.92 PED w/ MU
% Return: 50.93 % / 55.72 % w/ MU
Total: - 62.71 PED / - 35.66 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 86.87% w/ MU
(of 271.96 ped)

Notes: Got very nice skillgains at 330 in total. Pretty decent strength gains, at 8k total skills approx now. Still waiting on better returns to bring me out of the red.

Run 9

Exa and 'snot hunting once again at Aloode

Equipment: CB5 (L), Herb Box

Costs
Healing: 0.15 PED
Weapon decay: 0.31 PED

Loot
TT Value: 29.66 PED
Markup: 32.07 PED
Notable Items: Pixie (M) Harness, Emik S30 (L), Colonizer (M) Foot guards

Returns - TT and %
This run: - 0.80 PED / 1.61 PED w/ MU
% Return: 97.37% / 105.2 % w/ MU
Total: - 63.51 PED / - 34.05 PED w/ MU
Total % Return: 88.74% w/ MU
(of 302.42 ped)

Notes: More decent skillgains at 284 in total. I'm hoping on maxing all tt weapons before I move on to my next project. Skillgains are nice, however, professions are slow.

Back