Votes: 49 39.2%

• Total voters

sumy

Dominant
Society
Windtalkers
Coetron Sumy Sumeck
hi all
ive been to CND a couple times and was wondering if other people are dissapointed about the flight

me i would like to see more and for it to take a bit a longer like 5min going then u get put to sleep then 5min before you dock and you taking off and docking part

so would you prefer to see more than just G-force exceeds blah blah blah auto pilot engaged

Personally...

I choose chocolate since I haven't been to CND yet. :broke:

yes i voted chocolate too ;) hey who doesn't like it ;)

but anyways, yes flights could be more interesting, like u proposed last like 5 mins or something, to be able to get that "spaceflight" feeling... look stars passing by etc.

sure that would make trips to CND and Crystal Palace more interesting.

chocs again mmmmmm....
smilie_keks.gif

yeh its realy shit that auto pilot thing , if atleast we got to see a bit of space and the asteroid belt... it doesn't have to be rendered it could be a a video or something ...

Never had a flight with those ships so chocolate rulesss :naughty: :naughty:

I've taken one trip to CND, mostly to drop some stuff off for someone.

While I'm not the most seasoned space traveller, I do think the space travel experience should be more akin to riding a bus than using a trade terminal.

If MA played their cards right, they would add the chance for robot craft encounters on the way to the destination. Those chairs the passengers sit in look suspiciously like gun turrets, and I doubt anyone would object seriously to a new and interesting way to gain loot (or from MA's perspective make loot off decay, missed shots, no loot, etc,etc,etc) while en route to their destination. This would also enhance the "universe" feel to a "universe" that currently consists of two continents and two space stations.

If the system described above is too much for the development team that's busy creating the Artiste Fortress of Arrogance... err I mean New Oxford, to fix bugs in the existing game, well... then playing a simple video of pulling away from the planet, black sky, and the destination looming ahead would be sufficient.

Agreed, although I voted Chocolate ;) .
Making the flight itself more interesting would be pretty cool, maybe watching out the window, as your passing through asteroids and orbiting Calypso, it doesn't have to be long, just enough to be satisfying to watch.

That would be a nice addition :)

i like the way it is.

longer flights mean higher chance of ctd for any of the passengers or pilot. probably after logging in you stand in the hangar again while the rest already arrived at destination.

also 5 minutes flight may be interesting the first time but not at the 5th anymore because i doubt there would be any variation...

and finally think of the poor pilot who is trying to make some business. it takes enought time to collect passengers and then add 5 minutes flight (oh and another 5 mins for returning)...oOooOoooOoo

sorry. my vote goes for chocolate

The first time (lol the only time--once was enough) i flew to CND the first thing that came to mind was "stub function". That's what programmers do when they haven't finished a program but need to have a basic framework. I imagine at some point MA intends to make use of those gunners and make space travel a real adventure with the opportunity to really decay a ship, but clearly they've got a lot of other things they consider higher priority, like an artists enclave.

Yes i would like to see more than just some text, tehn teh screen going white and after it clears your there.

It would be nice to see the ground of calypso and calpayso itself getting smaller sas you fly away, then teh transition to space from atmosphere with calypso below. then see the journey from calypso to eitehr CP or CND where during the flight you see other orbital bodies and spacecraft as you fly. Then when you get there you see the ship slow down and come up slow to teh docking bay followed with the landing.
On return to calypso you even see the hot plasma around the shield system as you re-enter the atmosphere.

This whole thing can be a combination of cutscenes instead of any actual physics or interaction.. where once the pilot initiates the launch you see a movie until you get to the destination.

Have a series of cut scenes so there can be some amount of randomness to the cutscene so its not always the same.
Like have a standard take off and landing cutscene. Then have a more variable one that changes for the flight to and from.
That way you can have different flight depending on the calypso seasons and the the different orbit of the calpyso satalites.
As well as story line based happenings. like if ther is a bot attack within the solar system you might see more federal warcraft and space traffic.

or you mgiht see crystal palace sometimesand everytime you leave diffrent palce you see diffrent stuff like say you leave from cape cnrith you see cape conrith scene like so etc.... :D

lol this is a great poll. most people goin with the chocolate lol... and so did i...

but ya the spaceship thing would be cool if done properly :)

to be honest i voted chocolate too :laugh:
lol not really ;)

chocolate all the way for me...

This probably wont make much sense to non-UK based players but,

I don't Revel at the thought of a Flyte thru the Galaxy, on a Double Decker space ship, looking out the window at the Milky Way and planet Mars. That's for Heroes!

tbh, it's all a bit drawn out already. I just want to transfer to the other servers as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

by the time you find a ship/pilot and 3 other passengers and get them to the hangar and get the pilots FL sorted and then get everybody sat down and buckled in and then get the guy who just stood up to sit down again etc etc etc I don't want to spend the next 10 minutes looking at bits of white blobs whizzing passed the window.

Public Transport are just mobile asylums :laugh:

:twocents:

Well Nea said it first, the way I was going to. Just too much temptation to click choco, seeming as I'm sitting here with a cuppa tea and two chocolate maccarons.

Damn don't you just hate it when u realise ur've voted in a poll and replyed, when it's like 1/2 a year old :z

MB - Can't you stop seriously old polls showing on the front page?

ANYTHING would be better than the way it currently is. To be able to fly through space would be the best, but until MA gets to that point ... it would be nice to have a video at least. just something to show the pilot and passengers that they are taking off .. flying .. approching ... landing.

The blacking out thing is pretty old!!!

my 2 pecs,
Jessue :girl:

Back