Limit the deposit?

I have the following idea, which makes EU harder but also solve the problem when you have the money you can buy everything.

The idea is the following:

EU is free, you don't have to deposit at all to play, but we all know that you must.
What if MA would limit the total amount of deposit? Say you can not deposit more then the amount when you get a free gold card? ...

If i got it right and you think limiting deposits makes it more "fair" then i see your point, but in my opinion thats wrong.

It's the heavy depositers, people who play lets say more "fun orientated", who makes it possible for others to play for free or very very little money. Sounds pretty fair to me. :)

People from all over the world playing EU. If you would want to make it really "fair" this way, you would need to reduce the maximal deposit to an so low amount that you basically removing the real cash economy. How much are let's say 10 USD compared to an monthly income in some emerging nations? How much or how little is an "fair" limit then?

The problem is only arising when people who are not willing to accept an real cash economy in an game starting to play a game with real cash economy. ;)

EU is free, you don't have to deposit at all to play, but we all know that you must.

No we don't all know that. I in example don't, tell me more about it?

Sort of off-topic'ish I guess, but I noticed a lot of people saying "limit yourself to $10 deposit... Am I the only one who thinks 96 odd ped is fk all? I mean seriously, I consider myself a newbie in terms of time I have been in EU, but honestly, I murder 100ped in NO time, which is exactly why I started depositing - it was an attempt to actually enjoy the game rather than sweat 40hours a week for 10mins game time.
Globals/HoF's aren't even that exciting anymore. A tower would excite me only because I haven't had one, the fact that I would spend that 4k in a month with absolutely no problem whatsoever, almost makes me sick.
Thus, I must start trading. Yet again making this game more of a JOB than anything else, but hey, who am I to complain? I'm still here... :(

I have the following idea, which makes EU harder but also solve the problem when you have the money you can buy everything.

What if MA would limit the total amount of deposit? Say you can not deposit more then the amount when you get a free gold card?

That way you must pick up everything wisely, you can not spend your money like a sailor.
What if a player reaches the limit but also lost everything? How to get money then?
In that case MA should offer an optional subscription system.
Only those can choose this option who reached the deposit limit. But don't forget, even then it is still optional.
What is the income of a subscription system?
For MA it means an income source, for the player also, because for the monthly fee we can get a fixed amount of PED.

In the current system this wouldn't work at all and the idea can be wrong.
MA must change the loot distribution and many things, probably even the exchange rates.

I just forgot, what if the player refusing to pay for a subscription after spent all the money? In that case the player should be able to do a fresh start, new avatar and can deposit again (good for MA and for us since money comes to the system).

bro, i like ur idea .. can u tell me what kinda shit u smoking?

Hmm

Of course, at the point planet calypso has turned out to be, there is no way to introduce such a thing.

But could be nice if one of the new planets that is to come would be a subscription-based planet, which of course had no connection with the planet calypso we live on right now...

I actually wanted to write a serious reply, but I just can't....

limiting deposits...

whahaahahahaa

What if MA would limit the total amount of deposit? Say you can not deposit more then the amount when you get a free gold card?

That way you must pick up everything wisely, you can not spend your money like a sailor.
What if a player reaches the limit but also lost everything? How to get money then?
In that case MA should offer an optional subscription system.
Only those can choose this option who reached the deposit limit. But don't forget, even then it is still optional.
What is the income of a subscription system?
For MA it means an income source, for the player also, because for the monthly fee we can get a fixed amount of PED.

In the current system this wouldn't work at all and the idea can be wrong.
MA must change the loot distribution and many things, probably even the exchange rates.

I just forgot, what if the player refusing to pay for a subscription after spent all the money? In that case the player should be able to do a fresh start, new avatar and can deposit again (good for MA and for us since money comes to the system).
You've found a really stupid solution to a problem that doesn't even exist. Good on you! :thumbup:

Somehow, I don't think this idea is going down very well.

If you play Entropia for fun that's great, However I use it as a Investment.

And do tell how it works as an investment. Whats your ROI, when do you expect to chip out, how have you hedged for currency fluctuations. I could continue.

Actually, if any of you really thought about it, he is right. The danger with any game based on gambling and addiction is that people sepnd more than they can afford to play. Why not set a monthly deposit limit which you can't go above.

Oh yes, because this is not a game, its an investment:yay:

Why not set a monthly deposit limit which you can't go above.

well yes, the deposit limit is $20 per month unless you activate your credit card, and then it becomes 30k per month. you mean lower the deposit limit?

Then I would liquidate and sell out of EU.

All I can think of is, you are on a pedal bike being passed by a Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche and feel that they ought be on a Schwinn.

One thing that really appeals to me about this 'service' is the ability for items to be a high value of real world bux.

May you get an ATH that changes your mind on the matter m8. ;)

well yes, the deposit limit is $20 per month unless you activate your credit card, and then it becomes 30k per month. you mean lower the deposit limit?

???

i can deposit how much i want (and i do) and i didnt registered any of my credit cards (yet) :scratch2:

I'm still trying to decide if the threadstarter was serious or EFD farming. Dbel, hilarious.

Mate more than a game that is a business and like any business try to make more money without putting money :scratch2:

Sorry but... Keep dreaming :cool:

A jk thread.. wasted 2min of my live reading it 2 :p haha

Why not set a monthly deposit limit which you can't go above.

Why not play an subscription game then? I can't get it why people chose an game for it's unique real cash ecomony and then want to remove the real cash economy? :scratch2:

And real cash economy means an lot more then the ingame currency is bound to an real word currency, a lot more.

the idea is ofcourse that this is a game. And there are good players and bad.
Now the bad players are masked, because although they are bad players, they put in a lot of cash, so they look and have skills like a good player.
In this game you can simply buy an island and be worshipped. We bow in awe for the ppl with the most cash.

The difference with other games is that this game does not require skill.
Unlike counterstrike, where you will have to duck and hide, and have a reaction speed of over 0.15 to shoot the other first, while jumping away or go into hiding. Or racing games, where whoever wins doesnt have the biggest engine, because the engines are all the same. The one who wins is the one makeing the best corners etc.

In that perspective this is not a game (like Mindark for some time said), so makeing deposits all the same does not make sense.

:confused:

My question is this... why would a business limit the amount of money they could bring in on a monthly basis?

MA already has a set limit of 30k ped deposit per month (with credit cards, at any rate)

Your idea, at best, is ludicrous. To get a free gold card, you must deposit 5k ped.. just a bit over $500 USD. There are people who deposit that in a week, I am sure. So what then? They can no longer play EU the way they want to play?

Perhaps the OP suggested this because he has, or knows others who have a problem controlling their own spending limit in EU.

Here is a suggestion.... if you cannot control how much cash you deposit into EU, then perhaps you should be seeking some type of assistance or counseling irl...

*in no way am I suggesting the OP has a problem controlling how much he deposits*

the idea is ofcourse that this is a game. And there are good players and bad.
Now the bad players are masked, because although they are bad players, they put in a lot of cash, so they look and have skills like a good player.
In this game you can simply buy an island and be worshipped. We bow in awe for the ppl with the most cash.

The difference with other games is that this game does not require skill.
Unlike counterstrike, where you will have to duck and hide, and have a reaction speed of over 0.15 to shoot the other first, while jumping away or go into hiding. Or racing games, where whoever wins doesnt have the biggest engine, because the engines are all the same. The one who wins is the one makeing the best corners etc.

In that perspective this is not a game (like Mindark for some time said), so makeing deposits all the same does not make sense.

Yay, I never really had the courage to say this game takes no skill, out loud hehe =P
But it sure as hell doesn't.
I hope CE2 introduces aim... that will quickly seperate the skilled from the cash cows (atleast in hunting).:yay:

I hope CE2 introduces aim... that will quickly seperate the skilled from the cash cows (atleast in hunting).:yay:

You ... do ... know ... you can switch to manual aim already? :)

You are thinking of a different game.

It's called

<name removed> or
<name removed> or
<name removed>

You can go and play them for a monthly fee. And then wonder why after 6months, 2yrs ,5yrs or whatever why you played a game to accumulate an avatar worth less than a month's worth of pay :dunno: or even a days worth :dunno:

No, i don't.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/142104-auto-aim-yes-no.html

Manual aim exists, whats wrong with the current implementation of manual aim?

I guess you never played a racing game or counterstrike. Else you would know. Auto-aim or manual aim has nothing to do with it. You are still shooting at a square-formed hitbox. It doesnt matter if you shoot somebody in the head, or in the foot. It doesnt matter if you duck away, it doesnt matter if you hide behind a tree.

I guess you never played a racing game or counterstrike. Else you would know. Auto-aim or manual aim has nothing to do with it. You are still shooting at a square-formed hitbox. It doesnt matter if you shoot somebody in the head, or in the foot. It doesnt matter if you duck away, it doesnt matter if you hide behind a tree.

Yes i suck at those games :) Well, still i know what you talking about, shaped hitboxes, headshot and stuff...

Wasn't sure he was talking about that, or something totally different i have missed so far about aiming modes in games, or if he maybe just didn't know about manual aim in EU (have seen players who didn't know about it after months playing).

Btw, there are quite some EU player who claim to hit and crit better in manual aim targeting certain parts of the hitbox, not that i really believe that, just saying.

Sorry for off topic, was really curious what he actually meant.

Last edited:
Why not play an subscription game then? I can't get it why people chose an game for it's unique real cash ecomony and then want to remove the real cash economy? :scratch2:

And real cash economy means an lot more then the ingame currency is bound to an real word currency, a lot more.

Already heard others complaining about why EU is money based, because that ruins the whole game (think about the old PE times, did you care about your money? not really...).
And the point is there, game. This is not an investment for many of us, but a game with a unique system. Keep that in mind.

Back